Who we really should buy in the summer..

dachoosen1 said:
Think we don't need major changes
Gk Hart(HG), Westwood(HGC and free), Johansen/Lawlor(HGC) sell Pantilimon 4 mill?
RB Zabaleta, Richards(HGC)
LB Kolarov, Clichy(HG)
CB Kompany, Nastasic, MDM, Koscielny/Varane(my choice) 15-25 mill
RM Navas, Silva
LM Nasri, Milner(HG), Lopes(HGC)
CM Yaya, Fernandinho, Garcia, Huws(HGC) sell Rodwell for 7mill?
CF Aguero, Jovetic, Negredo, Gomis(free) sell Dzeko and Guidetti for 20 mill?

Home grown at club 5 Westwood, Johansen/Lawlor, Richards, Lopes, Huws.
Home grown country 3 Hart, Clichy, Milner.

Total spent 25 mill
Total sold 31mill
We'd be weakening midfield and attack there? We need a quality back up for midfield, also if dzeko leaves we find someone better or bring another attacking mid in and play 5 in midfield,Gomis is nowhere near as good as dzeko. Also no chance city will make a profit in the summer,we're not a selling club.

Our midfield will be as strong Huws has been better then Rodwell(im a fan of but his is always injured) this year and it would be pointless to pay big money for a CM who wont get game time unless Yaya or Fernandinho is injured. It would be like when Real signed Sahin or Altintop good players but were never gonna be starters, neither Yaya or Fernandinho are going anywhere and I cant see the club dropping 15 odd million for a bench warmer when we have Garcia there already. And as for Dzeko or Gomis both have similar records this year Gomis has 19 in 38 and isn't getting Dzeko's service I know its a different league but it would be a risk worth taking in my opinion look at Remy.

dachoosen1 said:
Our midfield will be as strong Huws has been better then Rodwell(im a fan of but his is always injured) this year and it would be pointless to pay big money for a CM who wont get game time unless Yaya or Fernandinho is injured. It would be like when Real signed Sahin or Altintop good players but were never gonna be starters, neither Yaya or Fernandinho are going anywhere and I cant see the club dropping 15 odd million for a bench warmer when we have Garcia there already. And as for Dzeko or Gomis both have similar records this year Gomis has 19 in 38 and isn't getting Dzeko's service I know its a different league but it would be a risk worth taking in my opinion look at Remy.

I like Emyr Huws and can definitely see him replacing Rodwell.

Rodwell has the potential to be a very good all round central midfield player but his injuries are unfortunately too much for us to carry.

When I watched bits of Huws for Wales the other month you could tell straight away he is going to be a Premier League midfielder, whether he will fully make it with us remains to be seen but I think we will find out next season.

dachoosen1 said:
Rodwell hasn't been able to play so not hard to be better than him, huws should go on loan and get constant football,then we should get a 3rd choice cm who with our rotation if were competing for all 4 trophies will get enough football. Gomis is just as bad technically as dzeko which we wouldn't be interested in signing as all of our players needs to be good enough technically to pick a pass. Angel correa would be good but may be a couple of seasons too early to replace dzeko or Leandro damiao looks technically great aswell as big and strong, or we could get a better striker than negredo and let him become 3rd choice

I think Pantilimon will leave because he wants first team football, he lost his place in the Romanian side due to lack of action, although he then played a few games for us in the cups. We have been linked with Valdes but his injury may rule this move out.

One of Kolarov or Clichy may be sold but only if we can bring in a younger player who can challenge for a starting position.

Richards, I think will be sold, but the offer for him will have to be right and it will be a shame to lose a homegrown player. Has the potential but has been blighted with injuries over the years.

Lescott is off and is out of contract, and we all know we need a first choice partner for Kompany. Nastasic and maybe Rekik as understudy's, but Rekik wants to play so could be loaned for a further season.

Rodwell will probably be loaned out, which is good for us to see if he can prove his fitness.

Garcia may get reprieve.

Dzeko, I think will be sold, maybe as a sacrifice to fund the purchase of a fist choice striker to compete for a starting place and someone who can guarantee goals. Suarez has been mentioned, maybe a move for Diego Costa, challenge Chelsea and bump the price up if nothing else. Also we could perhaps try for a young, up and coming striker in the mould of Lukaku.

Jovetic, could be another problem like Rodwell and Richards, but then again may deserve more time to adjust. Have to trust the club to decide which is best. Three strikers could suit us better in future and maybe better to sign a left sided winger/striker in the Alexis Sanchez mould, linked with Mane, but this position could be an addition rather than a replacement.

Summoning up, I can't say who we'll sign, I thought Mangala and Fernando were in the bag in January, but I think the game Porto have played with us has distanced us from these targets. The thing is this is more exciting because we know our problem positions and we also know which players will be replaced or need replacing. Our targets are unknown but City will also compete for a player who could become available and is world class. Therefore if the likes of Costa, Pogba, Reus, Isco or Gundogan are being sold and we would like them then enquiries will be made. What is certain is the club are improving and moving forward. We aren't the finished article and may not be next season, but we are getting there, and in 2-3 years we will be contenders for the Champions League.

dachoosen1 said:
No way are we getting to September 1 without a very good CM brought in to rotate with Yaya and Fernandinho. Yaya will be 31, next year, and we can't rely on these two staying fit the whole time, Garcia is decent backup but not spectacular, we need at least one player for that position. A CM and CB is the minimum for this summer.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.