Who we really should buy in the summer..

ws01 said:
If we're keen for a left sided centre half then I'd throw in a cheeky bid for Vertonghen.

Think he's got the talent and he's proven it in the PL, just seems to be disinterested at Spurs. Would do well alongside his fellow countryman and I reckon we could get him on the cheap considering his form.

You wouldn't be deterred by that? He's looked better as a galloping attacker in his time in England and less accomplished in his defensive duties.

Gabriel said:
ws01 said:
If we're keen for a left sided centre half then I'd throw in a cheeky bid for Vertonghen.

Think he's got the talent and he's proven it in the PL, just seems to be disinterested at Spurs. Would do well alongside his fellow countryman and I reckon we could get him on the cheap considering his form.

You wouldn't be deterred by that? He's looked better as a galloping attacker in his time in England and less accomplished in his defensive duties.

Something stinks badly at Spurs and I feel that's affecting him badly. He's a class player and even a lot of Spurs fans still think that despite his form - you don't lose that overnight.

I'm not married to the idea but I think it could be a good pickup as he's gone down in value - we could possibly re-energise him and get him back to his best.

It could be a wise investment paying 10-15 million for a class, PL experienced player like him in a downturn rather than spruking 30 million on a relative unknown.

ws01 said:
Gabriel said:
ws01 said:

Something stinks badly at Spurs and I feel that's affecting him badly. He's a class player and even a lot of Spurs fans still think that despite his form - you don't lose that overnight.

I'm not married to the idea but I think it could be a good pickup as he's gone down in value - we could possibly re-energise him and get him back to his best.

It could be a wise investment paying 10-15 million for a class, PL experienced player like him in a downturn rather than spruking 30 million on a relative unknown.

I disagree, defensively we need to pay top money for a player who can establish himself in that position for a number of years. Vertonghen is too hit and miss, we have players like that already. We have spent relatively little on our current back four in comparison to other parts of the squad - we need to go all out and sign a proven defender, or at least one who has the attributes if not the consistency but is young enough to really cement a place in our defence for a number of years.

Problem is, there is no proven and established defenders out there which are available. Ramos and Thiago Silva is not for sale, so all who is left is Hummels, and maybe Roma's Benatia.

Hummels in my opinion is too often injured and would probably not want to leave, besides for Real, Barca or Bayern.
Benatia is having a great season and i tend to try and hold my hands down before a player has proven it for a few seasons.

So all in all, Benatia is just as big a gamble as Vertonghen. And since Hummels might not even be available, only option for a tier 1 defender is too scout a talent and develop it ourselves, here spring Mangala to mind, but remember that Nastasic looked like a 1 tier talent before Pellegrini changed the defensive line.

My ideal plan would be.

Varane as our 1st target,
Hummels nr 2
Mangala nr 3.

And Vertonghen as a backup plan if he starts to talk in the transfer period so his value drops or something.

In terms of big money signings, I would love to see

Mangala/Benatia and Isco

OR

Mangala/Benatia and Pogba.

Nothing else would matter. A decent RB of course to back up Zaba.

Who ever decided to pass on Hazard, should scout around the globe and find someone who is as good as him.

zlaz3r said:
I dont think we need more then a few solid players both for first 11 but also for cover and different positions.
I'll think all of the players mentioned are not unrealistic in price and availability.

First of i think our main objective should be to sign a quality CB.

1. Vertonghen. Experienced, leadership qualities, can play on LB aswell, could form a good partnership with vinnie for Man City aswell for Belgium.
2. Mangala. His price tag in very steep, but we would get a rough diamond. He is fast, good anticipation, is a bit rash but that can be trained out.
3.Kyriakos Papadopoulos. I rate him highly and he could be the stability we need for now, he would fit the bill for me. (For now)

Next, i think this is controversial, especially as we are severely lacking englishmen but i just don't think Joe Hart is good enough for where we want to be. Not having stability in the back has really cost us so many points and headaches, and at top level small cracks will always show and cost you dearly.

1. Casillas. Nothing needed to add.
2. Courtois. Getting him would probably be better for us then Casillas, as he is younger, but i don't think we would be able to get him unless he had a secret buy-out clause.
3. Valdes. Quality keeper

Bonuses.

With reports about us already getting Bruno zuculini, Fernando from porto could really be a big plus for us. It would remove a lot of concern about either Fernandinho or yaya getting injured.

I rate Isco as highly as Hazard, both worldclass players in the making. Pellegrini already know how to get the best out of him.

I'd go for Kyriakos Papadopoulos, he would learn loads of Kompany and become a world class CB in no time

Maybe we should get Vermaelen, Sagna & Fernando for FREE and spend the rest of the budget on Messi.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.