Who will be our closest challenger for the league?

Who is most likely to challenge us for the league?

• Tottenham

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle

• Man Utd

• Chelsea

• Total voters
Arsenal have more experience, a disappointment to fuel them and have added some quality to their first team. The CL will test their squad more, but they're the number 1 challengers.

Liverpool look a lot better on paper, with plenty of attacking threat, but defensively I still think they'll struggle. Next season they might be able to challenge again.

Rags are better with Onana, but unsure whether their Haaland is going to do much. Probably be closer to the top, but again the CL will challenge their squad.

It's ours to lose again though. We need another couple of players in my opinion, but Gvardiol improves us and Kovacic can replace Gundogan comfortably in my opinion. It's just a case of adding some attacking quality for me, unless the kids can perform! Pep will 100% be pushing for history and winning 4 in a row. Managing the mental side will be crucial, and that's why a couple more fresh faces might help.
We can’t replace Gundogans goals from nothing easily though. Other players will have to step up as Kovacic won’t do that.

Depends on who the PL and PGMOL are backing.

Last season Arsenal had incredible amounts of added time when they needed it with the Alti decision at theirs also with that penalty.

Rags you cant discount with the new added time rules and the decisions they get every game, the corrupt FACup final performance by the ref and Var could be the normal for them.

Dippers like the Rags will get the rub of the green with decisions again like they had about 5 games running when they put their little run together end of last season, penalty for a dive, no pen for Spurs or red in same game etc

Chelsea have no Europe which keeps their 145 man squad fresh.

Newcastke/Villa wont be too far behind either.
Think it could be the strongest top 4 challenge to date with 6 or 7 challenging for it
Don’t forget the new “leniency with physical contact” rules in play.

Rags, Dippers, and Arseholes are going to kick with impunity, no doubt.

Absolutely bonkers that the dippers are on 43%, they’re finished.

Newcastle will run us closest

Dippers will be closest, but even they will be 9 points (min) behind.
City will walk it this season.

Liverpool

Look how Arsenal reacted to a glorified friendly, they haven't learnt anything

They over celebrate then completely fall apart once they get a hiccup, the players, Arsenal and the fans have no composure

Liverpool I thought would've done more in the widnow by now, but even if they hadn't made moves they are always due a bounce back after a shit season

Mac Allister is a top quality signing, the RB leipzig guy seems good on paper and you'd be shocked if they didn't get a DM by close of the window (Lavia is a strange one though)

Allison is the best keeper in the league, VVD is clearly not the same guy but I think he and Konate is a strong pairing. Arsenal clearly have better depth at the back with the signing of Timber.

Trent is a liability but on the ball he can do things only KDB can do, Pep showed Klopp how he can use Trent going into midfield like Stones

Robertson I imagine will be good this year as he was shocking last

Salah - Gakpo - Dias is a very good front 3, Jota and Nunes aren't great footballers but they bring goals. Elliot and Doak are good prospects

I don't see anyone to touch us and that worries me.

I am a strong believer in 'never underestimate the enemy'. But for me, Arsenal are the best setup, but they're still shit compared to us.

Liverpool can't possibly be as bad again, so I am not underestimating them. Could be a danger as a bounce back is due.

Rag - dogshite, but will be 'helped'.

Newcastle - will be hampered by the need to play CL.

Chelsea, with no Europe, could be a danger if they get their act together.

Spurs - will want to retain the 'We Beat Manchester City Cup'. But might as well be in the Championship for any chance they have of winning the PL.

It’ll be Arsenal. Close last season now they’ve added Rice, plus they’ll be getting as much help as possible from the officials and the full Sky/media propaganda hailing them as the second coming of 1970 Brazil.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.