Who will be our main rivals this season?

I think it will be a four way fight. I don't see Liverpool having as poor a season. Plenty of their best players are ready to go from the start.

Chelsea will be strong and the rags will be up there with the signings they have made.

We have so many players coming off an intense season with no pre-season and a few niggles. It is going to be tough and we haven't secured a centre forward.

Going to be the same as last season, one 10 game winning run could make the difference. And we remain the most capable of putting that run together but will we listen to Pep and have that fight to win it again. With Grealish coming in, and hopefully Kane you would hope theor desire to win something amongst the current crop of winners we have will make the difference.
Liverpool are difficult to predict. I think their form very much depends on Mane and Salah who imo were both under par last season. We might have the ACON again in Winter too COVID permitting. Their midfield looks weak to me. Alcantara was a flop last season, and Wijnaldum has gone. Henderson now 31. Milner 35.

Liverpool are difficult to predict. I think their form very much depends on Mane and Salah who imo were both under par last season. We might have the ACON again in Winter too COVID permitting. Their midfield looks weak to me. Alcantara was a flop last season, and Wijnaldum has gone. Henderson now 31. Milner 35.
Unless they buy I think they'll scrape top 4 no more than that.

Chelsea did us 3 times and we didn’t get anywhere near them - chelsea are going to be tough this season

It goes without saying that we will win the league. Even without Kane, we're the best team over a season in this league. Grealish will give us something different and I can see this lad becoming a Ballon D'or contender in a couple of years.

My gut feeling was that Chelsea will be our biggest rivals and I think part of this is that (a) they've got a good manager and (b) they've brought in a forward who knows where the net is.

However, the more I think about it, most teams won't have had much of a pre-season. This will be a problem for Tuchel as he's not been with the players as much as he'd like. Lukaku is going into a new team and they'll probably have to adapt to his way of playing. I think they will be capable of doing a job on the rest of the top 4 but overall I think this might be the season where he fine tunes the team. I've not much other than gut instinct but I think they will finish 2nd but not a threatening-90-point 2nd.

Liverpool will be hit and miss I suspect this season. Without doubt, once VVD is back and if Mane/Firmino/Salah are on form they will definitely give us a run. Again though I think the injury to VVD is going to take a while to get back to where he was. Robertson is out, Wijnaldum is gone and they've not really strengthened overall. I can see them threatening a lot, but not quite doing the business like they used to do. They'll be 3rd, but could be very capable if everyone stays fit of really pushing us for the title. Klopp is a superb manager.

I also think United are starting to build a good squad. Varane is a very good signing and Sancho will be another fast-counter-attacking player. Luckily, they are managed by an amateur who despite the players at his disposal can't take them past where they are. His counter-attack based game will take points from the top 6 teams and give them hope, but they will struggle against the busparkers - and this year I hope we park a massive bus at their place and play anti-football to show them what it's like. They will get 70+ points, maybe a final but nothing more than that.

If we get Kane, I honestly think we will break some of our own recent records. I can certainly see him breaking 40 goals a season and even the 100 pointer could go as well.

Chelsea, as Lukaku will score the goals Werner / Abraham didn't score last season.
Very true, Chelsea lost quite a few points last year because of poor finishing and they still got close. With Lukaku they will be probably be favorites. But If we can manage to sign Kane off then that changes things.

Injuries and complacency.

On a serious note.

United and Chelsea.

The Dippers with VVD and their Norwegians back in Anfield.

That's about it.

But with Grealish and Kane, I'm not worried.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.