Who Will Pose A Threat Next Season

Too much of a ready made excuse that for me. In the main, opposition fans think we were favoured because of all things pep and how the media lauded our football. Just a go to defends mechanism for fans incase their team fails.

I stand by my view that poor officiating cost us dearly in the two tournaments that we did not win. It should not be decisive over the course of a league season but a bad error at the wrong moment could be very costly in a close race.

It's certainly not a ready made excuse though: it's not an excuse in the first place.

If City retain last year's commitment and play consistently at the level they are capable of, following Pep's game-plans, we won't need to worry about the rest.

The actual biggest threat is underperformance.

The actual biggest threat is complacency, and there’s a lot of it around

Definitely this. Aside from that, Red Scouse are the obvious threat. I wouldn't discount Arsenal. They'll probably need time under Emery but I can see them pushing back into the Top 4 at least if it comes together.

The actual biggest threat is complacency, and there’s a lot of it around

There is a difference between being complacent & reading/listening to people setting up a bunch of serial losers above everyone else as competition.

This happened ever year in the 70s, apart from it was Utd who were the big news every season wheras Liverpool actually won stuff.

No they haven't done what we did, at all.

We were favourites because we had Pep Guardiola in a 2nd season, AND signed a bunch of players. They have had the same bloke who has been failling dismally to win any trophies, added a potentially decent midfielder, a Stoke reject & Fabinho, who so far looks like Fernando's shite brother.

They 'could' push us all the way, just as could Spurs, Utd & particularly Chelsea, who have a squad full of champions a new manager, who played great football in Italy plus & a better midfield signing than Liverpool have made.

But once again, all the bullshit is about one club.

Don’t let your hatred for them cloud any reasonable and balanced discussion about them.

Don’t let your hatred for them cloud any reasonable and balanced discussion about them.

I'm not.

They are one of several teams who could mount a title challenge, if we are unable to.maintain last season's level.

Based on actual performance over recent seasons, rather than bullshit, they have more improving to do, than some of the others. They may do it. Or they may actually be worse, if for instance Salah picks up one half decent injury.

That isn't me being unreasonable because I despise the horrible bullshitting ****s, it's me being realistic.

Anothere realistic opinion, is that, also based on squad strength & recent results, City are closer to getting another 100 points than Liverpool are to finishing above City.

City probably won't get 100 points.

Too much of a ready made excuse that for me. In the main, opposition fans think we were favoured because of all things pep and how the media lauded our football. Just a go to defends mechanism for fans incase their team fails.

Gee, how unexpected to see you side with the notion that no adverse bias towards City could possibly exist anywhere in the known universe! Like Pep, I must have imagined the dozen or so completely unpunished, ‘X’ certificate assaults on City players last season I guess.....

Gee, how unexpected to see you side with the notion that no adverse bias towards City could possibly exist anywhere in the known universe! Like Pep, I must have imagined the dozen or so completely unpunished, ‘X’ certificate assaults on City players last season I guess.....

He's right that it isn't how other fans see it though. Everyone notices through the prism of their own support.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.