Who Will Pose A Threat Next Season

He's right that it isn't how other fans see it though. Everyone notices through the prism of their own support.

The fact that other fans see things through the prism of their own support, doesn’t automatically legitimise their opinions, nor does it negate the views of others. I’m baffled that anyone could think we were treated fairly last season (either by accident or design) with regard to leg breaking challenges halfway up the shins of anchored City legs, and I say that as someone who is not an habitual conspiracy theorist (the Altrincham fan duly excepted) when it comes to referees as I used to be one

The fact that other fans see things through the prism of their own support, doesn’t automatically legitimise their opinions, nor does it negate the views of others. I’m baffled that anyone could think we were treated fairly last season (either by accident or design) with regard to leg breaking challenges halfway up the shins of anchored City legs, and I say that as someone who is not an habitual conspiracy theorist (the Altrincham fan duly excepted) when it comes to referees as I used to be one

No, I agree. But it's funny how when I talk to other fans they look totally non-plussed when I mention those to them. They simply don't remember at all - and I'm not talking about the ones who are up for a trolling session. So while you're quite right, a bit of me does wonder about how much I've forgotten about what other clubs have suffered on the same basis.

No, I agree. But it's funny how when I talk to other fans they look totally non-plussed when I mention those to them. They simply don't remember at all - and I'm not talking about the ones who are up for a trolling session. So while you're quite right, a bit of me does wonder about how much I've forgotten about what other clubs have suffered on the same basis.

Unquestionably true that you remember your own and not those of others (off the top of my head I doubt I could list more than half a dozen bum decisions in the entire league season for the other 19 clubs combined), but if there’s even a hint of injustice then you can usually rely on managers to draw their plight to the world’s attention and for the media to then offer a brief précis of the events concerned. You usually then find that the ‘grievances’ of people like Mourinho and Wenger are utterly ridiculous, or based on one, maybe two at most, isolated challenge. What happened to us last season was unprecedented IMO, not so much in terms of the spitefulness of the ‘tackles’ concerned, but rather the sheer volume and the fact that, bar Sadio Mane’s Kung fu kick (and look at the number of pundits who tried to justify that), not one was properly punished.

But you won’t remember a challenge on *insert other clubs player here* whereas the fans of those clubs players will. We are the media darlings according to them. Pep can do no wrong. Refs are all for us. Those are the views of fans of those clubs. On here, many think the opposite but that united are favoured etc etc. It’s just a go to defends mechanism and always will be. The thing is though is when posters on here like myself don’t agree, and can see things more without obsessed, blue tinted goggles, the ‘supposed city fan’ comments appear.
The fact is fans of every club think their club and players are hard done to. We aren’t any different but it doesn’t mean everyone has to believe the same to be deemed more a city fan than those who don’t believe things, or those who can see things more without said goggles.

But you won’t remember a challenge on *insert other clubs player here* whereas the fans of those clubs players will. We are the media darlings according to them. Pep can do no wrong. Refs are all for us. Those are the views of fans of those clubs. On here, many think the opposite but that united are favoured etc etc. It’s just a go to defends mechanism and always will be. The thing is though is when posters on here like myself don’t agree, and can see things more without obsessed, blue tinted goggles, the ‘supposed city fan’ comments appear.
The fact is fans of every club think their club and players are hard done to. We aren’t any different but it doesn’t mean everyone has to believe the same to be deemed more a city fan than those who don’t believe things, or those who can see things more without said goggles.

I don’t think I’ve accused you of being either a “supposed” or “lesser” City fan. However, if you believe that we weren’t the victims of a large number of genuinely shocking refereeing decisions last season, then that is of course your prerogative. What it doesn’t mean is that literally everyone who disagrees with you, does so because they can’t view City dispassionately. If United had been on the unpunished receiving end of even half the number of simply awful challenges on our players last season, the eruption from Mt Mourinho would have consumed everything within a 500 mile radius of the Swamp and the media would have run with it for months. Pep got stick just for politely asking that ALL players be properly protected.......

https://talksport.com/football/fa-c...layers-and-should-stop-complaining-says-joey/

I can see the rags finishing fifth or sixth, the shit is going to hit the fan there this season you can just tell.

I don’t think I’ve accused you of being either a “supposed” or “lesser” City fan. However, if you believe that we weren’t the victims of a large number of genuinely shocking refereeing decisions last season, then that is of course your prerogative. What it doesn’t mean is that literally everyone who disagrees with you, does so because they can’t view City dispassionately. If United had been on the unpunished receiving end of even half the number of simply awful challenges on our players last season, the eruption from Mt Mourinho would have consumed everything within a 500 mile radius of the Swamp and the media would have run with it for months. Pep got stick just for politely asking that ALL players be properly protected.......

https://talksport.com/football/fa-c...layers-and-should-stop-complaining-says-joey/
He’s like a broken record, I find just ignoring him best.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.