Who Will Pose A Threat Next Season

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by cyberblue, 13 Mar 2018.

1. Pigeonho

Pigeonho

In the King's Head, waiting for the Queen's legs t
    Too much of a ready made excuse that for me. In the main, opposition fans think we were favoured because of all things pep and how the media lauded our football. Just a go to defends mechanism for fans incase their team fails.

2. robbieh

robbieh

Arsenal will improve but given they haven't challenged for the league in eons it will take time for Emery. No.

United seem to be struggling under Mou. Good players but. No.

Chelsea have a habit of bouncing back. Good new manager could inspire them especially as no CL. Yes.

Tottenham don't seem to have changed since last season. Weren't good enough then so.. No.

Liverpool will close the gap given the new recruits. Challenge? Yes.

City
    Chelsea
    Liverpool
    Arsenal

3. Liverpool are disgusting. Simple.

There is no 'dismissal' of what they have brought in. They have a good squad. Just like several others. Apart from the manager, the rags have also improved, have Pogba coming back as a World Cup winner, Lukaku as a scorer. Chelsea have the best squad apart from ours & are proven champions.

The only difference is the mentality aka bullshit factor, where Liverpool are head & shoulders out in front. As they, & Utd, were this time last season.

4. Can you explain why Sterling had so many more free kicks as a Liverpool player ?

5. FantasyIreland

FantasyIreland

Us
    Liverpool
    Chelsea
    Rags

Klopp,the hypocrite,has made some great signings.They obviously need to bed in quickly and click,but should they do so they will run us close.Chelsea too,will be much improved.

6. CityInWashingtonState

CityInWashingtonState

Team supported:
    Manchester City is my team - until I fucking die.
    +1
    I might flip Chelsea and Rags and wouldn't be overly surprised to see Arsenal or Spurs finish in 3rd/4th. New managers at Arsenal/Chelsea - maybe a boost but who knows; probable melt down from Mou, already bitching about not getting the signings he want; Spurs are a decent side with a decent manager and will overtake any club that slips up. Pool's manager/ownership are rowing together and are spending - their biggest problem last year was consistency - they seem to be well on their way to fixing this defect; we'll see though over the course of the season.

7. jimharri

jimharri

Ees Futbal!

8. OB1

OB1

I stand by my view that poor officiating cost us dearly in the two tournaments that we did not win. It should not be decisive over the course of a league season but a bad error at the wrong moment could be very costly in a close race.

It's certainly not a ready made excuse though: it's not an excuse in the first place.

If City retain last year's commitment and play consistently at the level they are capable of, following Pep's game-plans, we won't need to worry about the rest.

The actual biggest threat is underperformance.

9. jimharri

jimharri

You answered your own question there.

10. John Oliver

John Oliver

The actual biggest threat is complacency, and there’s a lot of it around