Why are we always so poor against Klopp’s Liverpool?

It’s because of the way we play, it doesn’t take a genius to work that one out. If they could pick a style of play to play against in a one off game it’d be ours. If we could pick a style to not play against in a one off game, it’d be theirs. Even before Klopp, they’ve always had the same tactic but we’ve always walked straight in to it like a bunch of d******s. Fucking depressing when us nobodies on a forum can see it yet these managers that are paid millions can’t.

It’s also depressing how it seems the rags would give Liverpool a better game over two legs than us. What really hurts me is that I fell for all the hype about us. Best British team ever. As good as peps Barca. Really hurt my soul watching us get dealt with so easily. Unfortunately I think peps Barca were a one off, you need 11 elite players to play that way, we have 2.

Laporte aside, we need a new first choice CB and a RB. Otamendi and Kompany can’t cut when they’re pressed and Walker is average against decent teams. We really missed Mendy last night.

The scum would of giving them a better game because they defend as a team and it’s Liverpool who shit themselves when the scum turn up always has been even when Liverpool were winning titles.

The scum would of giving them a better game because they defend as a team and it’s Liverpool who shit themselves when the scum turn up always has been even when Liverpool were winning titles.
First sentence is my point. All season we’ve come up against teams that are so petrified to attack us we started to believe we had an amazing defence. Truth is if you have the players and balls to go for us then our defence really is as weak and fragile as all the pundits have been banging on about.

I said months ago beating Liverpool is fucking easy. Defend deeper than we do, cut out them balls in behind... that’s literally their only ball. The rags cut that out and they created nothing against them. Their midfield isn’t creative enough to create and set up to play on the counter. We look so so naive every time we play them. Peps way is beautiful but At times you just need to have something different to your game.

I think we need to see a shrink before we go to Anfield again. It’s purely in the mind. First 10 mins were fine second half we were ok but created little. Shadow of our performances at Old Trafford or Chelsea.

We have always struggled to play against Liverpool, they can manage to get up for one off games against us but bottle it against United. Weird club and a weird set of fans.

We have always struggled to play against Liverpool, they can manage to get up for one off games against us but bottle it against United. Weird club and a weird set of fans.
They’re just a horrible match up for us, and pep. The fans see us as a bigger game than Utd these days, they won’t admit it but they do.

You ever noticed that if we win the toss we choose to allow them to shoot towards the Kop first?

Don’t think that’s ever a god thing for me.

I dont think it's that we're bad against them, more that they have confidence against us and we are bad because we know it. Last night (And the last game) they shot they scored, the confidence oozes from them, they just believe they will win.

Liverpool are going to hit the big time again and I only see City as the ones who can stop them, so Pep has to find a way of beating what is becoming his arch nemesis Klopp.

Pep has to find a way of countering Klopps football, at the moment he isnt learning, he is in danger of becoming a bit of a luddite himself if he cannot find a way for his football to win against Klopp, he has to find a way even if it means giving up on his principles imo, he can learn more.

Maybe people will start to realise that we ain't this magical team and pep isn't the best thing since sliced bread we are a million miles from winning the champs lge sane apart the team don't have the bottle and for me imo the manager hasn't got it tactically in these games. People will say he's won it at barca but even pep will say it was easy because all they had to do was give it to Messi.

Liverpool are very good at cutting off our passing lanes and reducing our options to pass. However, their performance level also massive drops in the second half due to the amount of effort they have to put in. The problem we have had is that we have conceded extremely poor goals and handed them the initiative on recent occasions.

Other than defending properly (clearing the ball and forcing the wide players out wide) I'd like to see us play more long diagonal balls to our wide men. Turn the Liverpool defence and force them back. That should prevent us from trying to overplay and giving up possession in key areas.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.