Why are we hated so much?

I don’t think we are hated by that many at all really.

United Liverpool Arsenal and maybe Aston Villa aside (the only set of fans in the entire country who wanted Liverpool to win the league on that final day last season… LOADS of their fans shouting ‘COME ON LIVERPOOL’ that day!), plus the scum that is the media of course, and everyone else seems to like us and we always get the ‘PLEASE SAVE FOOTBALL FROM LIVERPOOL WINNING THE LEAGUE’ comments from pretty much every other set of fans in the country whenever we have a title run-in with Liverpool.

If you think we’re hated, United and Liverpool are on another fucking level of hated by this country altogether!

Pretty much every single set of fans think the same of United and Liverpool as we do.

I think Villa’s desire for the scousers to win the title last May was perhaps based more than anything on Stevie G being their manager (he still had a decent amount of credit in the bank with the fans before it all went sour this season) and Coutinho having become something of a short-term cult hero.
Long term, I don’t think they have any major sympathy for the dippers.

We are not a hated club by any stretch of the imagination.
Some Liverpool fans hate us because they believe they are the rightful champions - in fact we have won more, lost fewer, scored more and conceded less - that is a champion. Because they could not do it on the pitch, they believe we must have cheated. They are innocent of EVERYTHING.

Some United fans hate us because their era is done. They liked it when they could outspend everyone, breaking the British transfer record continually, and sought to limit our spending in any way they could. If I buy a house with a mortgage, have I bought it with my own money? No, I borrowed money from the bank to do it - it isn't my own. If I run a club with a half-billion-pound debt, have I done it with my own money? No, I owe someone. They have not won the league because their sporting strategy fell behind their desire to protect the brand, and they did so by buying big name players at inflated prices, paying them inflated wages. We have absolutely hammered them, in a sporting sense, and their arrogance stopped them from seeing it until it was too late.

It is no surprise that the allegation of these two clubs being behind the latest attack on us is so prevalent in the current conversation, and the fact that they vetted the new CEO of the Premier League, while other clubs had no place, is evidence of the murky world in which we operate. It is like David Gill and Rick Parry II, occupying places on the boards of FIFA and Uefa, while still engaged with their club roles - utterly mind-blowing.

The press earn more by having positive articles about those two clubs and, consequently, negative articles about their opponents. That is just the way it is and it is decades away from changing - the point at which worldwide City support is the equal of theirs - and it may never happen.

Other fans, generally, would much prefer us to win the league and trophies rather than those two, because they know that most of us know what it is like to fail, and know that winning trophies is not our God-given right.

Last edited:
I don’t think we are hated by that many at all really.

United Liverpool Arsenal and maybe Aston Villa aside (the only set of fans in the entire country who wanted Liverpool to win the league on that final day last season… LOADS of their fans shouting ‘COME ON LIVERPOOL’ that day!), plus the scum that is the media of course, and everyone else seems to like us and we always get the ‘PLEASE SAVE FOOTBALL FROM LIVERPOOL WINNING THE LEAGUE’ comments from pretty much every other set of fans in the country whenever we have a title run-in with Liverpool.

If you think we’re hated, United and Liverpool are on another fucking level of hated by this country altogether!

Pretty much every single set of fans think the same of United and Liverpool as we do.

Agree with this really. Social media/internet has twisted the opinions of some fans beyond reason.

Get talking to a fan of another club on hol who is , say, 50 years old and he’ll know what great fans weve always been and have respect.
Someone a bit younger who develops all hi opinions from the internet and we are a club with no history who have no fans. Plastics the word they use.

The worlds full of utter morons and the internet has given them a voice.

I fuckin love the internet for a lot of things but social media has brought the utter half wits of life to the fore

I think Villa’s desire for the scousers to win the title last May was perhaps based more than anything on Stevie G being their manager (he still had a decent amount of credit in the bank with the fans before it all went sour this season) and Coutinho having become something of a short-term cult hero.
Long term, I don’t think they have any major sympathy for the dippers.
nah villa fans have had an issue with us since the early 90s, were pricks every time they turned up at maine rd and since the take over cried about us.

some fake rivaly created by them, brummie cunts

Agree with this really. Social media/internet has twisted the opinions of some fans beyond reason.

Get talking to a fan of another club on hol who is , say, 50 years old and he’ll know what great fans weve always been and have respect.
Someone a bit younger who develops all hi opinions from the internet and we are a club with no history who have no fans. Plastics the word they use.

The worlds full of utter morons and the internet has given them a voice.

I fuckin love the internet for a lot of things but social media has brought the utter half wits of life to the fore
Ironically, ‘plastics’ was a word our fanbase created decades ago for a United and Liverpool glory hunters from anywhere and everywhere but Manchester and Merseyside.

Those that use it against us now don’t understand the word.

The PL was created to reinforce the status quo. City spoilt the party. The people behind the PL e.g. Dein and Parry are influential at UEFA level. I believe the pain and envy towards City comes from Man Utd, Liverpool and Arsenal. They wanted to clip our wings with FFP. They have used the media to smear the club. These clubs had been very successful before the investment in City. City's emergence has really pissed them off. And City's owners have done things with style. Rarely put a foot wrong. Playing great football and consistently qualifying for the Chumps League.

We have become hated because of the power of these heritage clubs and they have done a good job of trying to smear our legacy. The PL charges are based on the politics of envy and this has incited the baying mob once again.

The baying mob will never want to spoil a good story with the facts. It does not suit the narrative that helps them deal with the fact that it has been City winning the PL not their history clubs.

It's all about politics of envy and many football fans have fallen for the media messaging like lemmings.

When we were taken over and started splashing the cash on signings the initial hatred was driven by jealousy from other fans.

Over the years, "journalists" have stoked more hatred through peddling complete shite about our ownership and eventually the mud has stuck. Sadly, fans of other clubs who aren't so bright have believed a lot lf the false information these "journalists" have spread.

The attack on city is so desperate especially when clubs around us have committed more serious offences. Here's a few..

Chelsea: Both players and fans have been involved in quite a number of racist incidents. Do journos give this as much focus as City's financial affairs? That's before we move on to Chelsea's dodgy financial dealings.

Liverpool: Hacked our database, PL weren't interested.
OK it was a CL game but fans attacked our coaches. Also participated in dodgy financial dealings and receieved questionable sponsorship. Before the PL era but had Enlish teams banned from Europe for 5 years, doesn't receive the attention it deserves and changed the course for a number of clubs who were in form and would have qualified during this era. Have City's actions altered the future progression of other clubs? - Nope

Yoonited: Fans invaded the pitch during Covid forcing the game to be called off. Absolutely no punishment was handed out for this and dwarves most of the charges brought against city.

It's interesting that Gary Neville has sympathy for us. In an article in todays Daily Hate. He doesn't agree with FFP FFS !
I may have to change and temper my hatred of Gary (notice I didn't call him just Neville or ratboy) :)
or is he trying to side with us because some of the dealings Salford have done?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.