Why did we let Zinchenko go?

We thought we had Cucurella. The kid from the Belgian league was a panic signing. Total balls up from City.

It often is if we bottle spending big. The better players cost more for a reason, and whilst no world-beater, Cucurella is way better than bargain basement Gomez who is mid-table standard at best. It always annoys me immensely when we let shitheads like the chavs gazump us. We should be able to go toe to toe with those cunts for any signing and beat them.

theres some real revisionism going on with zinny. I love the guy he wanted to leave so be it. But he was a squad player who at times was a defensive issue for us. Those saying he got a cross in when it mattered against villa. No offence but im sure gomez has that quality too. We talk about what he provided for us he was with us 5 years ish he spent time on loan, we wanted him sold two summers. Yes he became and important player in those final 2 years but he also had shit performances. we all talk about villa and the importance of his cross. but he could also have cost us the title with his performance at west ham.

I dont for one second think were missing zinny. i think the issue was us not fetching a high quality first 11 left back in. I always think we were buying gomez irreguardless of another left back as a cfg signing.
Spot on. Revisionism is exactly the word to use, unbelievable how some people are twisting facts to suit their point of view. Some are wanting Sterling back now, yet I can't recall too many crying when he left.

Thanks for all the fish and all that...

Spot on. Revisionism is exactly the word to use, unbelievable how some people are twisting facts to suit their point of view. Some are wanting Sterling back now, yet I can't recall too many crying when he left.

i think some of us are looking to find reasons why are form is the way it is but its not because we let these certain players go. its things like our inability to field our strongest defenders at the same time because of injury, the form of kdb ect. Its easy to go look at the players that left and say thats the reason and were missing them but zinny doesnt change this team nor does sterling (who was frustrating as hell for 18 months)

I don’t think anyone is wanting Sterling back. I said we missed his pace (and Jesus’ workrate and both of their pressing up front) more than we miss anything Zinchenko brought to us and that we need to bring in someone new with pace to our attack.

I’ve not seen anyone else mention Sterling.

People are only romanticising zinny because we're playing poorly. He wasn't as good as people are making out. We still needed a top left back while he was here

Well,believe it or not I really liked Mendy when he first came,took a full back on and put delicious crosses in,oh and could track back instead of running in treacle like Kolarov and Zinchenko used to do

Never to shirk a challenge neither is what’s wanted,so my ideal LB is someone who can tackle,bomb forward,get a great ball in,and get back rapido when needed,surely that’s what everyone wants in a LB or RB for that matter no ?

Oh and to add we have a bit of a goal scorer waiting for the said crosses to come his way
Mendy couldn't tackle to save his life.

Zinchenko's departure suited both parties, but everyone was expecting a quality replacement.

Instead, we congratulated ourselves on a profitable transfer window and an inferior squad.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.