Why did we let Zinchenko go?

We sold Zinchenko because he wanted to go. Same with Jesus. It's that simple.

We don't keep players against their will, unless they are incredibly important like Bernardo. Rodri, Bernardo, KDB, Foden and Haaland are the only players in this team that we wouldn't sell (unless we are offered silly money). Maybe Alvarez and Cancelo. Any of the other players can go if he wants to go.

Because he wanted to go and Pep knew mentality we couldn't afford to have anyone lacking motivation this season. Pep knew this season would be incredibly tough with what's been before and a World Cup during it. He knew we couldn't keep anyone here who might cause unrest. He would have expected those that were signed to have the drive to give us fresh impetus and for the usual heads to stay motivated. Unfortunately we just don't look like that's the case, but it's not a huge surprise considering what they've fought for in the past couple of seasons. We'll be back. Thursday's the best time to start.

more of an issue we identified Cucurella and then went for Gomez.

we certainly miss Zinchenko now, as we didnt know Gomez will be so far off the level we need and also Cancelo albeit had a few good games is largely mediocre compared to his own best form.

what makes it even worse he looks very good at Arsenal and if we plays like 2 seasons like this there we would go back with a larger offer for him than for Cucurella ...

Because he wanted to go and Pep knew mentality we couldn't afford to have anyone lacking motivation this season. Pep knew this season would be incredibly tough with what's been before and a World Cup during it. He knew we couldn't keep anyone here who might cause unrest. He would have expected those that were signed to have the drive to give us fresh impetus and for the usual heads to stay motivated. Unfortunately we just don't look like that's the case, but it's not a huge surprise considering what they've fought for in the past couple of seasons. We'll be back. Thursday's the best time to start.
I keep reading Zinchenko wanted to go. Are you sure? In one interview I saw he was nearly in tears. He said it was something he wasn't expecting.

Absence makes the heart grow fonder. He's great when on the ball, but he's not a very good defender. If we had correctly addressed the position instead of buying someone who is worse then we wouldnt be having this conversation.

If, however, he was happy to stay and sign as a back up then i dont know why we let him go and bought Gomez. He's not the answer to our left back issues though.

Hang on, i'll go back and read the lot.

Ok, read it all now but the lack of full-stops and proliferation of commas made it a bit confusing in the second para'.
Agree with most of your post.

I started to talk in general,all as Mendy was good for was whipping great crosses in,but we’ve not had anyone better since doing it

You know what, I’d rather post nice pleasant positive things, wouldn’t we all! but, just where are the happy clappers? when the wheels come off, I mean...COUGHS!

Last edited:
He wanted to go, was a Gooner fan as a kid - the lure of london and all that, BUT, we should have begged him to stay!
To sell him, Gabby and Raheem at same time was indisputable suicide, we are reaping what we sowed.

Out of those 3 players I`d of kept Gabby because he can play wide and beat players in the penalty area. Not as a goal scorer I must add.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.