Why did we let Zinchenko go?

I doubt the Club hierarchy would have wanted both Jesus and Zinchenko to go to a Top 4 rival.

The fact Pep, and Arteta, are really good friends obviously playeda major part..Furthermore Arteta being a former employee highly likely played a part in the Club allowing the strange move to a Title rival in Arsenal.

Zin was such a big character in the dressing room.As he is now at Arsenal.

This one has come back to bite us in the Arse big time.

The fact Cancelo was rated as the better option only makes this one hurt even more.

No one could have foreseen Cancelo having a Car crash of a season to be fair.

I hope we learn from this huge mistake and never again strengthen a rival.

I will add .I have never met one blue who wanted Zinchenko to leaves us.

Maybe cos there's nobody to threaten his position?

Zinchenko did more than his replacement, Gomez.

He's not ready, so Cancelo plays out of form, it seems.

Zinchenko was good for us and was a good bloke and the type of player we want at our club. But I think we are in danger of being a bit “OTT” as to how good. He is a very talented footballer who is a utility player. He isn’t a top left back and defensively he could be caught out and was vulnerable (whu away for example). He is better than we have now but I am sure there is better out there. If/when Arsenal are tested we may see a truer picture.
Need hard working squad plsyers like Zin. Fits in well. Helps the wheels turn. Hard to replace character and effort

Arsenal have the right idea, poach as much as you can from the top club starting with a manager.

Remember when we bought Arsenal’s players, their fans, especially their fans, and the London based football media were going ape sh*t!

Full circle.

We end up selling to Arsenal, a PL rival, 2 of our better first team and squad players (great business CIty), and now we’re still asking why? (to Arsenal)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.