Why did we let Zinchenko go?

i’ll never forget him draping the ukrainian flag over the PL trophy back in may and just seeing the heartbreak and elation on his face at the same time.

always think he was massively underrated by some fans on here. i think he was and is a class footballer who brings a lot to the table. still gutted we sold him.

i’ll never forget him draping the ukrainian flag over the PL trophy back in may and just seeing the heartbreak and elation on his face at the same time.

always think he was massively underrated by some fans on here. i think he was and is a class footballer who brings a lot to the table. still gutted we sold him.
Don't forget we have our fair share of armchair supporter's, who don't go to the match and of those that do, some are half cut.

Reactions: cbl
I think he’s the oldest player in the Arsenal team at 26.
Xhaka is older, was very disappointed when we sold him, I could understand the decision if we had bought another left back, but it was daft without an agreement from Brighton for Cucurella.

He didn’t want to be a bit-part player for City, I think he started just 9 games in the Prem for us last season. He wanted to leave.

Our two mistakes were:

1. Not so much letting him go, he wasn’t great for us (good, yes, but on the biggest occasions he wasn’t that good… EFL Cup final v Chelsea, Community Shield against Liverpool and the Champions League final he had poor games and showed we needed someone better, even the FA Cup final he was nearly at fault for us going 1-0 down but Ederson saved it)… it’s that we haven’t signed someone better than him.

Gomez is one of the weakest players we’ve bought since the takeover.

2. We let him go to a direct rival. Arsenal have been the biggest spenders in the country since Arteta went there and they aren’t going to stop. So why on Earth did we sell two players to them making them stronger? Napoli, Milan, Inter, Dortmund, Atlético, RealSoc, Villarreal, Monaco, Marseille etc. yeah, but why a direct rival in our own league? As much as he wasn’t top class for us in the top class games against the top class teams, he (and Gabi) made Arsenal’s unit stronger.

Very poor stuff from City.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don’t think anyone really knows just how set he was on leaving / whether we could have done more to persuade him to stay. But he’s a class player - so comfortable on the ball in tight spaces, very good in his choice of pass. A real asset in terms of building up from the back and playing through the lines. Lack of pace an obvious issue at times, but his strengths massively outweigh his weaknesses.
Gutted when he went - even more so now, given how much we’ve struggled at left-back.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.