Why do you follow City?

ADE said:
In one of those Father son moments my youngest has just asked why do We support City.
For me its easy I'm a glory Hunter.
Way back as a young lad of 5 in 76 I swayed between the path of righteousness and the dark side. I clearly remember watching City win the league cup (on the Sunday) and cheering them on, equally as United got to the FA cup final in May I so wanted them to win.
I remember after they lost thinking "fuck this for a lark" I'm supporting a team that wins things. (its fair to say I may not at 5 really have been thinking fuck this for a lark).
From that day on I was a Blue...
So why do you follow the blue shirted heroes.

After reading this, I have considered my options, and I have come to the conclusion that my wife is a minger, my children are horrible, ugly, and spiteful, my dog hates me, I am a failure at work, my life is a bag of shit, and the only thing that has kept me sane over the last 20 years or so is City.

I don't want success, I want failure, then the only people who will really, truely love me are opposition fans who love liddle ciddy.

I am lonely and desperate, and I love being the underdog. I hate City now. I'm going off to watch united, who, hopefully, will fulfill me as much as watching City these last few decades.

So it's Good Bye plastic classless City, hello fallen heroes. At least united will love me so much I will receive a Christmas card off them, which is more love than I ever got off City!

Now then, where's me Prozac?

Mancini became coach ;)
I am sure he will bring a game more enjoyable and more wins to the City !

Because I love it, its in my blood, from parents and grand-parents down. I only went to Maine Road twice when I was little due to various reasons, but my dreams were realised when my first season ticket for Coms came through the post. I remember on the Open Day, singing Blue Moon on stage to a few hundred blues, and then the Barca game and so on.

Whats funny, is that it was a drab 0-0 draw with Wrexham, my first game, that got me hooked, just being there, and its been with me ever since.

manclad said:
ADE said:
In one of those Father son moments my youngest has just asked why do We support City.
Way back as a young lad of 5 in 76 I swayed between the path of righteousness and the dark side. I clearly remember watching City win the league cup (on the Sunday) and cheering them on, equally as United got to the FA cup final in May I so wanted them to win.
I remember after they lost thinking "fuck this for a lark" I'm supporting a team that wins things. (its fair to say I may not at 5 really have been thinking fuck this for a lark).

Sorry to p*ss on your chips ADE but the 1976 League Cup Final was played on Saturday 28th Feb. KO at 3.00 p.m.
Mind you it was a long time ago and you were only 5 years old at the time.Blimey, even I was still just about a teenager in those days, I wasn't 20 until June of 1976.

Yes I know the date etched in my head , however at five my mummy wouldn't let me go on the train to London , So i got to watch it on Sunday on TV.

BECAUSE..................

MY FATHER SAID TO ME ONE DAY IS IT RED OR BLUE FOR YOU
& IF ITS RED YOUR OUT THE DOOR & I WONT SEE YOU NO MORE
& THEN ONE SATURDAY AFTERNOON HE TOOK ME TO MOSS SIDE
HE SAID MY SON YOUR TIME HAS COME & THIS IS A LESSON IN PRIDE
YOOOOOOOU SEE THE SCUM YOU NEVER RUN YOU STAND & FIGHT YOUR GROUND
& WHEN WE WIN ON DERBY DAY YOUR SURE TO HEAR THIS SOUND...

HARK NOW HEAR THE CITY SING UTD RUN AWAY & WE WILL FIGHT FOR EVERMORE BECAUSE OF DERBY DAY

.............................THANKS DAD..................................

ADE said:

i live in Manc and all my family are reds unfortunately....i thought there is another team when i was younger and decided city simply because of Passion,Real Fans,Real Team and no ignorance.....*for the record* i started supporting city a year before the takeover*

My ex Bro-in-law was a blue and so were all his mates. I was 28 years old and had never liked football. he dragged me to my first footie match at Maine road and from then on i was hooked.........and i liked the colour blue.

Coz my uncle who is a blue promised me a ride in his MG sports car and tickets to see Madness if i became a blue just to wind up my dad who is a rag..... and yep despite the fact that i love him to bits i have to say he is a bitter rag too.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.