Why do you support Manchester City?

Proud Scandinavian plastic since mid-seventies. Tuearts overhead kick clinched it. Went to Maine Road for the first time the following season. Goalless draw in the rain I think, but I got a pint despite being underage. Happy days :-)

Because my dad said it was "character-building" and more rewarding than following the shit houses from Salford. Grew up as one of a handful of blues in our school (in Altrincham so no surprises there really - don't hold it against me) and City have been part of my life for as long as can remember. I miss Maine Road to this day. Regardless of how shite we were, that feeling on match day is something that stays with you. It always felt like I was part of something that the rags I knew never understood and never will. Through all the ups and downs, I wouldn't change a thing.

My old man and his side of the family are from Rochdale and all/most are city fans, so was brought up a city fan. I live in the midlands and its a fookin rag fest yet city fans are few and far between . Took some shit in my years being a city fan and ill tell you what, it's fookin bliss seeing these same fookers these days . Iv found out who the real 'bitters' are . Full of twatty rags that have no links to the north whatsoever. Also a lot of spurs fans that tend to mostly be wankers . There are also many Liverpool fans but they've pipped down over the past few years and although they have given it the biggen through the years, there're actually pretty decent fans that attend games etc . Got their good amount of glory boys mixed in though .

Auntie took me to the swamp, rags won 5-1 I think. Uncle took me to Maine rd, we lost to Chelsea 2-1. But I remember having a better time at our game. Was taken in the old social club, into the kippax and sat on the wall at the front. The people around me were checking I was ok, making me feel welcome. I didn't get that feeling at the swamp, City had a more family feel to it.
So, I suppose it was the fans that did it. Well, it wasn't the football, we were dogshit! ;)

As an 11 year old lad, born in London, living in Cambridgeshire, couldn't support Arsenal cos my whole family supported them and needed to rebel a bit!!! so knowing absolutely nothing about football, I shamefully followed the 'in' crowd at school and supported Utd for one week. The following week I hurriedly looked in the Sunday Paper to see the scores and Utd lost, but very very lucky for me, this other team I'd never heard of, but with a very similar name won, right then its City for me they must better!!!

That was 45 years ago, never wavered, went through the hey days of the Bell, Summerbee, Lee period, hung in there for the lesser days after that, watched them in the third division, as was.

I now live in Thailand and have done for 8 years, when I'm visited by friends and they ask the usual question 'what do you miss about living in England', no its not foodstuff, or certain beers etc, its not being able to go to the game live, having to put up with only ever watching on the Tv, missing the atmosphere, the lads, the pubs before and after, my pie and bovril at half time.

When people on here mention plastics, distant supporters in some derogatory term, it does sadden me, not all of us can live in Manchester, feel lucky you guys that do can just walk to the game every other week!!!, but this does not lessen my support of City in anyway and no I wasn't born there either!!!

Because I knew years of pisstaking would make me the strong upstanding man I am today!!

Like a kid I loved to play a game MCFC Manager,I liked MCFC colours, stadium, which I belive is the best in EPL and becouse off nice kit, every season City have a nice kit. Like a young boy, i liked City becouse they allways beeing in a shadow off "bigger" teams like United or Liverpool, now I support City for becouse nice game, football and atmosphere, and there is a Edin Džeko offcourse, I am Bosnian :)

10.04.1976. City via Derby Co was my first City game. City won 4-3. Great team,great fans and Main Road was rocking. Became a true blue that day and will be forever.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.