Why does Aguero play poorly alongside Balotelli?

Damocles said:
Such a strange thread

Aguero plays a different position when Tevez is in the team. With Balo or Dzeko he plays behind them and drops into midfield. When Tevez plays, he does this and Aguero plays up front

Gary Neville's version is better.

colourmeblue said:
It almost makes me want Tevez to stay and that is a hell of a statement. Seeing those 2 link up at Norwich (1 game I know) was mouthwatering. Im beginning to be torn and I really dont know how I'll react if they keep producing the goods (which I fully expect)

I just think all this recent talk of Tevez & Aguero being the best pairing since Adam and Eve is partly to do with fans just being fans and getting excited after the two linked up so well in their last game.

After the 1-5 away at WHL, there was talk of Aguero and Dzeko being the best partnership and no one cared about Balotelli or Tevez despite him being top scorer and arguably the best player in the last two seasons.

Then after a decent run of form by Balotelli, 23rd October came and there was the 1-6 away at the swamp and the talk became Aguero and Balotelli being the best partnership and even of that team being the best starting 11, no one cared about Dzeko because he wasn't in a good run of form at the time.

Now after a fantastic performance away at Swansea, Balotelli and Dzeko aren't much good and Aguero and Tevez are the best thing ever.

Personally, I think Aguero and Tevez are actually the best pairing as they are simply, currently, better players and seem to have more to their game but one has to remember that they haven't really had a long run of games together. There's no doubt that if they'd been playing together all season, they would have hit a patch where they wouldn't be scoring for fun like the did in the last game and their stats might not look so fantastic. It's a bit short-sighted but not really unexpected on here that now people seem eager to write everyone else, that's not called Aguero or Tevez, off.

redmizzle said:
Nelly's Left Foot said:
redmizzle said:
This is my point, their partnership and understanding is that good because of their styles of play or the kinds of players they are, its unfair to expect what is essentially a new partnership like Aguero & Balotelli or Aguero & Dzeko to come anywhere close yet otherwise you will always be disappointed. Even if Ronaldo or Benzema came to City tomorrow, I can bet that their partnership with Aguero won't be as good as a Tevez & Aguero one. That doesn't necessarily mean that anyone that doesn't play as well with Aguero as Tevez does is simply a bad player.

It is unfair to compare Mario to Tevez in discussing a partnership as they are such different players.

But it is fair to consider and compare them as footballers.One has a very poor touch,doesnt work hard for the team and has very limited movement plus looks like being sent off every game. The other has a great first touch,works his socks off for the team,passes and moves superbly to link play up and doesnt look like being sent off.

One is 28, has played in England for years at different clubs and is at the top of his game. The other is 21, in his second season and is still developing his game.

So it's just an age thing then is it? No arguments that he doesn't have a very poor touch,doesnt work hard for the team and has very limited movement plus looks like being sent off every game. Says it all really that you are just a Mario fan without seeming to have any real footballing reasons for it.

And although he is only 21 that's not exactly that young is it.If he was 17 I could slightly understand.He is 21 already and I don't think his game is going to develop to anything close to what we need.

Not scoring doesn't mean you've played poorly.

Sergio has had two poor games all season: away at Sunderland and away at Arsenal. In every other game he's played quite well, very well, or excellently - whether he's scored or not.

Nelly's Left Foot said:
So it's just an age thing then is it? No arguments that he doesn't have a very poor touch,doesnt work hard for the team and has very limited movement plus looks like being sent off every game. Says it all really that you are just a Mario fan without seeming to have any real footballing reasons for it.

And although he is only 21 that's not exactly that young is it.If he was 17 I could slightly understand.He is 21 already and I don't think his game is going to develop to anything close to what we need.

Nelly's left foot, don't let this debate degenerate into nonsense.

It's not exclusively an age thing, it's an experience and development thing that comes with playing more games and growing up. It has nothing to do with whether you like him or not, absolutely fuck all. Professionals who are in a better position than you think he can develop more so forgive me if I value their opinions over yours.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJxq3j6Aoeg&feature=related" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJxq3j6A ... re=related</a>

because

Because the majority of games where Kun and Mario have played together were during the "big" games, Chelsea away, Arsenal away, Arsenal home, Chelsea home, United away etc, obviously goals are going to be harder to come by (apart from United). You also have to factor in how poor the midfield has been since Christmas, compared to how good it was in the first 3 months of the season.

Either way, why does it matter who Aguero plays best with? This could just as easily read as why does Balotelli play well alongside Aguero?

I think Aguero will be better on a whole next year, no matter who he plays with, at times during the last 4 months he's struggled to get into away games (although this could be down to the midfield) but having a years experience in this league and in this team should see a better understanding on a whole next year.

i personally love dzeko, but tevez is another level, spectacular player.

Damocles said:
Such a strange thread

Aguero plays a different position when Tevez is in the team. With Balo or Dzeko he plays behind them and drops into midfield. When Tevez plays, he does this and Aguero plays up front
At long last, reason has entered the discussion.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.