Why don't we have a better atmosphere?

I think for the time being we need to leave things as they are.

We've been at COMS/Etihad for 8 years now. We are still relatively new to our surroundings.

If we look back 5 years the atmosphere is much better than it was. In ten years time the atmosphere will be much better than it is now. Atmosphere grows with time and experience.

We just need to get the singers in either the South Stand or the singing section and in the long term the atmosphere will improve.

I think there are far too many excuses for why the atmosphere is (imo) mediocre. It's not the roof, ground, design, demographics, location or length of time in the stadium (this excuse has been trotted out since 2003). I don't believe it's rocket science either. If 30000 people sing we will drown out 3000. We don't need to "put a nail here" or "put a nail there" or move away's up to L3, or remove/change/add roofs.

I am all for Dan burgers suggestion of bringing 109/110/111 and the south stand together. This seems the best and most logical situation to try and improve the atmosphere. But even re-locating, people still have to open their mouths to improve it more than anything.<br /><br />-- Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:24 pm --<br /><br />
Mike N said:
Nothing to do with the stadium. We need the silent fans, the vast magority, to open their mouths! Why would you go to a game and say nothing until the team score, cheer once and then shut up? I mean, why?

Couldn't agree more. It defies belief that fans would turn up to support their team and then not support them. Why would you want to freeze you're nuts off when you can do the same thing watching on the telly?

Been going since the early seventies,48 now and we have never had an atmosphere like spurs,Stoke,Liverpool,Newcastle,etc.Ive done the tunnel above and below in the kippax,seated stadia has taken away atmospheres the swamp being a good example how
quiet they can be now,no one ever mentions the Stretford end anymore,not like the kop.I can only think that if they eventually build a third tier at the south stand that they encourage like minded people to transfer there whO want to sing,hopefully those 6,000 might get everyone else to sing to. The old tunnel was ace in the old kippax by the way!

SS111 said:
There is a small comment in the Mirror today which is actually correct. Basically says there was a deathly silence on Wednesday when people knew about the Napoli score, a silence which has been noticeable on numerous occassions this season. Goes on to add that after where we have come from to what we are watching now, the fans should lift the roof each game and celebrate what we are watching.
sick of the media telling the world what our club and supporters should or should not be doing! yes we have a great support and yes we have a lot of new support; give it chance to bed in and for people to find the best seats for them and feel comfortable enough to sing and chant. i have travelled around the ground season after season, i have found i like my seat in 309, but find myself moved for CL and possibly moved next season so the away fans can enjoy my seat...

a big reason is that we get told what to do to much and fans get pushed around by the stewards, sea sec and the police for doing anything they dont like which is wrong, i think we should aim to get a standing area built so fans who want to sing and be proper fans are seperated from ones who dont so everyones happy.

I also agree that because its a new stadium it takes time for fans who want to sing to congrigate together, i belive that if we start new things going at city and not just singing and the poznan we could improve the atmophere loads, like giant flags which a small section of the crowd if you look are starting to do, blue flares or blue smoke which where attemoted by someone on wednesday however we need more to do this as all together. i think we should make some songs where you jump up and down through out them for one it sounds and looks good, and it also warms you if your fucking freezing haha.

So...." so fans who want to sing and be proper fans".

I for one am getting on a little dont sing as much as I used to and try top avoid the Posnan as I like to see whats going on and also have a bad knee..

I have been attending matches since I was 8 .....but now I am not a proper fan...

Should start a debate as to whats a proper fan , what criteria need to be followed ? Length of time going ...money spent....how load I can shout ...

Chrikey I am turning into Victor Meldrew......

so far this season we're 3rd in average attendances. newcastle have dropped from 52 to 43.5. the stadium of light may be bigger but hasn't sold out this season so is far less.<br /><br />-- Sun Dec 11, 2011 2:03 pm --<br /><br />
citymikeuk said:
So...." so fans who want to sing and be proper fans".

I for one am getting on a little dont sing as much as I used to and try top avoid the Posnan as I like to see whats going on and also have a bad knee..

I have been attending matches since I was 8 .....but now I am not a proper fan...

Should start a debate as to whats a proper fan , what criteria need to be followed ? Length of time going ...money spent....how load I can shout ...

Chrikey I am turning into Victor Meldrew......
haha, i don't think anyone can be called a lesser fan. everyone's match experience is different and we all take something different from the actual match. i believe that is why football is so loved in this country and worldwide. i for one vent my aggression an sing, chant and shout at the players when i believe they aren't pulling their weight; but it doesn't mean the guy next to me wants to hear this... 'it's a funny old game' is a very accurate saying i think. ;)

Golden Balls said:
Etihad is a fantastic stadium with the ability to fit massive numbers inside. It has the 3rd highest capacity in the league yet it doesn't feel like that.

Watching the Norwich game and many others, the atmosphere is lifeless at times. It appears as though it's dead quiet for 5-6min and then a 40sec chant.

Why can't we have a group of supporters singing, clapping and chanting for the full 90min? Make it an intimidating place to come and get points.

Watching the Bayern game their away supporters were the only ones you could hear through the tele.

I'm CTID but please don't try to dispute this gents. Touchy subject but a point I felt had to be made...

rag

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.