Why is the crowd so quiet

ped said:
fuck the elders,if someone wants to take a drum into the singing section ,good luck to them ,we need something,anything,

I agree with this. When the short lived Citizens group had ideas like this, they were mocked pretty badly on here. If blocks are allocated for a new and modern singing section, a drum would be great! You just have to make sure it's background noise to lead chants instead of really loud. I've noticed a trend of people kicking seats or the things at the back of blocks to make ambient noise, a drum would do the same and help give songs/chants some order.

I'll definitely strongly consider relocating and I'm sure many others will. I think the prospect of permanent relocation appeals more than the awkward last minute relocations for temporary singing blocks in cup games. Because you'll know what you're getting and have a chance to get the sort of seat you like.

blueinnewzealand said:
bluemoon98 said:
From the 1894 group twitter.

Good news of sorts. The club have expressed an interest in our idea to reconfigure singers from august. Further details to come shortly.

Common sense prevails.

It can only be good for everyone. Better atmosphere, players will notice this too im sure and people who want to stand dont have to have an ongoing battle with people paying to sit!

This , all day long

If the club cannot recognise this as an issue then they really only have themselves to blame....

even the most cynical bean counter must see that a better atmos attracts more fans... and as the posters above have noted .. the players do pick up on this

two examples

a) the gratitude of the City players at our vocal support in the FA Cup semi v Scum as a factor in their win

b) The way that Merlin , a couple of games back, was waving his arms up and down to get us behind the team

This stuff matters

this apparent singing block will only work with the right type of people. no arms folded no singing brigade. if you go in this block you have to sing non stop no matter what. !!

1894 need to get just people who will sing in the new singing section.

Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
this apparent singing block will only work with the right type of people. no arms folded no singing brigade. if you go in this block you have to sing non stop no matter what. !!

1894 need to get just people who will sing in the new singing section.

I think you’d see a massive reduction in this when people are selecting their seat with the clear knowledge of where it would beand whats expected.

Theres a lot of people who would sing where they currently are, but you’d be on your jack jones starting up a decent chant any where but south and early east stand blocks at the moment!

squirtyflower said:
Perhaps we should allocate the singers in the new blocks based on loyalty points

That would make it a middle aged singing block. Or an ex-Kippax(standing) singing block.

I appreciate we're all a bit giddy and jumping the gun ATM, but I hope the club and 1894 can somehow vet fans wanting to move into this block/s.(don't know how) There's absolutely no point in fans moving into this block who only want to be part of it, but aren't that bothered about singing and joining in. If that happens it will just end up like the current singing blocks.

We need fans who are prepared to sing throughout the match, winning or losing.

jrb said:
squirtyflower said:
Perhaps we should allocate the singers in the new blocks based on loyalty points

That would make it a middle aged singing block. Or an ex-Kippax(standing) singing block.

I appreciate we're all a bit giddy and jumping the gun ATM, but I hope the club and 1894 can somehow vet fans wanting to move into this block/s.(don't know how) There's absolutely no point in fans moving into this block who only want to be part of it, but aren't that bothered about singing and joining in. If that happens it will just end up like the current singing blocks.

Seems to me that we create a good atmosphere away from home, and they're the ones with all the loyalty points jrb

squirtyflower said:
jrb said:
squirtyflower said:

Seems to me that we create a good atmosphere away from home, and they're the ones with all the loyalty points jrb

This is a good point.

However, if a home the relocation would rely on the club CLEARLY advertising certain blocks with expectations of putting yourself there. Secondly they would have to rely on people making a sensible choice ie if they don’t sing, sitting elsewhere.

Unfortunately, the club cannot account for someone just plonking themselves there anyway. This is the current issue in singing sections. The main thing is getting more people in one place, next to each other with the same mentality.

squirtyflower said:
jrb said:
squirtyflower said:

That's a fair point. However, a lot has to do with the branches getting blocks of tickets. People who know each other and go away on a regular basis. They aren't afraid to start songs, especially after a few beers. At home everyone is split up, with many making there own way to the ground and staying sober.

I appreciate you can't force fans to sing, but making the point that this is a genuine singing section during any relocation period,
should be made abundantly clear by the club when fans apply to relocate.

Perhaps fans should be made to do a singing section survey via email before applying to relocate. ;-) (only joking)

blueinnewzealand said:
squirtyflower said:
jrb said:

This is a good point.

However, if a home the relocation would rely on the club CLEARLY advertising certain blocks with expectations of putting yourself there. Secondly they would have to rely on people making a sensible choice ie if they don’t sing, sitting elsewhere.

Unfortunately, the club cannot account for someone just plonking themselves there anyway. This is the current issue in singing sections. The main thing is getting more people in one place, next to each other with the same mentality.

The club would have to push it when selling the season tickets. That's how the existing East stand singing area was created.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.