Why is the crowd so quiet

Damocles said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Damocles said:
What did the Gene Kelly declare itself as out of interest? Pretty certain that they used to join in the We Are The North Stand, though the away fans were right next to them at that point and split them from the "real North Stand".

Was about £7 a ticket in there. Bargain. That was for those of us who couldn't even afford the North Stand nor Kippax.

They of course gave a chorus of 'we're singing in the rain'. Can't believe you even asked that.

Are you accusing them of "Only Got One Song"?

I'll have you know the Gene Kelly bit between the Kippax and North Stand were the loudest fans in the ground per head towards the end. Perhaps because it was cheap, perhaps because it was next to the away fans, perhaps because it was the easiest place in the entire ground to jib into and often had people two to a seat, but they were a special lot of mad bastards them lot.

I always considered them part of the North Stand, controversially.

Great access to the ambush point for the away fans after the game too.

What about that other Gene Kelly at the Platt Lane end? That's was a wierd one. They can only have been the last 200 fans to get tickets because that stand was really shit. Had nothing at all going for it.

Their song must have been "one choice. We only had one choice"

deafmanstevo said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Damocles said:
What did the Gene Kelly declare itself as out of interest? Pretty certain that they used to join in the We Are The North Stand, though the away fans were right next to them at that point and split them from the "real North Stand".

Was about £7 a ticket in there. Bargain. That was for those of us who couldn't even afford the North Stand nor Kippax.

They of course gave a chorus of 'we're singing in the rain'. Can't believe you even asked that.

You'll never take the platt lane, I remember just before they rebuilt the platt lane, Leeds united were the visitors and they had the corner of the kippax next to the platt lane, a group of leeds fans broke through the fencing to get to the city fans, one block next to the Leeds fans was empty due to segregation, but most of the next block just stood up ready for the Leeds lot, the 20 or so Leeds fans ran back into their own end, the city fans near the tunnel next to the Leeds fans where I stood in those days chanted "you'll never take the platt lane"

I remember that well. 1985, I think, and the Mayne Line had taken to sitting on that side of The Platt Lane. I was right next to the leeds fans when they broke through the gate.

Watching derby county v Leeds utd match at the moment, derby used to put the away fans behind the goal now I ve noticed that the away fans are in the corner, quite a noisy backing from the derby fans behind that goal, perhaps we should do the same put the away fans in the corner and having nearly a whole south stand to ourselves, could solve the atmosphere a bit.

As I have posted before I don't go any more and I know at least 30 fella's like me.

Top left hand side of the Kippax, the back of the North Stand and on the top row of the Gene Kelly.

I wish the 1894 luck but the hardcore have gone.

yayas trusty right foot said:
Why is the atmosphere so poor at our home games?

The away team fans always seem to sound louder than us, it cannot be blamed on the stadium as when we play in the important games the atmosphere is great..

We have a great team, we should be singing loud and proud.

How about next time we play Burnley we chant this at them (I made this up during the second half when there wasn't much else to do - gutted!)

In the Lancashire Slums.
In the Lancashire slums.
Your women are fat and your football is shite,
You can still buy a house for the price of a pint.

In the Lancashire Slums.
In the Lancashire slums.
You eat lots of pies and you work down the pits
Your sisters your wife, you've got 6 fingered kids

Join in everybody!

m7mcfc said:
As I have posted before I don't go any more and I know at least 30 fella's like me.

Top left hand side of the Kippax, the back of the North Stand and on the top row of the Gene Kelly.

What - all 30 of them?? FFS there's no one left

It’s the same across the Premier League, You can’t manufacture atmosphere. Some teams have tried and are instantly ridiculed.
Nowadays the best we can muster is the David Silva song or Singing the Blues. It makes everybody feel better, but in truth it’s one step nearer to the orchestrated, synchronised blandness of the Bundesliga.

In contrast, there was a brief moment during the Swansea game when the ref had a weak ten minutes and you could feel the atmosphere change. We can argue all we like, but sometimes you just can't beat a perceived injustice to lift the crowd.

It was the same in 76 when Doyle got sent off against Derby or 82 when Francis was dismissed against Everton.

Similarly those rare games when City concede two early goals, but then score just before half time and start playing well.

Those are the games that everybody remembers and we’re all guilty of pretending that the atmosphere was so much greater in the old days.

CC1 said:
m7mcfc said:

What - all 30 of them?? FFS there's no one left

Can you not read fella? I typed at least.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.