why pellegrini

I'm sure most of you have heard the said story. Friday, money piling on Pellegrini from Chile. Picked up upon by those who are ITK over here and replicated. Then the news broke. Odds slashed even before that happened.

robbieh said:
Pam said:
blueinsa said:
Just seen Billy's post on Klopp and PB intimating that we may have gone cold on Pellegrini.

Interesting.

And where are they getting this from? Because it sounds like claptrap, much as I wish it didn't.

Probably the same sources that told them Mancini was toast 2011 and 2012. The credibility these guys get on here is quite ridiculous. Serious players in any walk of life don't spend all day posting on football websites.

Why such bitterness?

Its really not good for you fella.

Do their posts really affect your daily life to such an extent or is it you are just a bitter man who takes the internet way too seriously?

Either way its not looking good for you.

jrb said:
I'm sure most of you have heard the said story. Friday, money piling on Pellegrini from Chile. Picked up upon by those who are ITK over here and replicated. Then the news broke. Odds slashed even before that happened.

Being ITK myself (over here in Spain), I had 200 euros on Pellegrini's appointment two months ago, at 12 to 1.

If he doesn't sign now I'll be gutted!

Lancet Fluke said:
MSP said:
Pam said:
Do Malaga have anything to play for?

nope, they are at europe places but they are banned from europe next year.
I heard that they are banned for a number of years in Europe but that the ban will only be served in the years they actually qualify for Europe, if that makes sense. So they are desperate to get the last place in Europe so they can get a year of the ban out of the way. Don't know how true that it is but it was a Spanish journo I heard say it.

They're appealing, it may get overturned

Danamy said:
Lancet Fluke said:
MSP said:
nope, they are at europe places but they are banned from europe next year.
I heard that they are banned for a number of years in Europe but that the ban will only be served in the years they actually qualify for Europe, if that makes sense. So they are desperate to get the last place in Europe so they can get a year of the ban out of the way. Don't know how true that it is but it was a Spanish journo I heard say it.

They're appealing, it may get overturned
I think the point is that either way they have something to play for. The ban gets overturned, they're in Europe, if it doesn't they start getting the ban out of the way.

blueinsa said:
robbieh said:
Pam said:
And where are they getting this from? Because it sounds like claptrap, much as I wish it didn't.

Probably the same sources that told them Mancini was toast 2011 and 2012. The credibility these guys get on here is quite ridiculous. Serious players in any walk of life don't spend all day posting on football websites.

Why such bitterness?

Its really not good for you fella.

Do their posts really affect your daily life to such an extent or is it you are just a bitter man who takes the internet way too seriously?

Either way its not looking good for you.

If you weren't quite so far up their respective fundaments you might realize that their gift for reading the tea leaves has not always been that accurate. Bitter? Not at all. Looking forward to seeing who we pick.

I follow La Liga and would like to share more about his stay at Madrid. He was favorite among the players and the fans. Players backed him right till the end very much unlike Mourinho. But media hated him maybe because he was unable to take Real out of 1st knockout round of CL (it was their 7th exit at this stage in a row). The idea of hiring Mourinho who had won CL with Inter during the same year didn't help either. Florentino Perez wanted to sign a galactico and he considered Mou as galactico. All these factors plus much more internal politics in Madrid lead to him being sacked even after a season with 96 points. This was Real's points record in their history and C.Ronaldo was injured for 3 months during this season. Barcelona won the league with 98 points.
I back Pellegrini and am sure that he will be successful here and would make us champions for the years to come.

Posted this in another thread too. Found this one later.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2013/may/14/manuel-pellegrini-roberto-mancini?CMP=twt_gu" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog ... CMP=twt_gu</a>

Another article

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/manchester-city-manuel-pellegrini-antidote-1887496" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... te-1887496</a>

Yeah, the mirror, I know. Look at the guy's smile!

unlikelyfan19 said:
ElanJo said:
marco said:
ok so pellegrini wins hands down over the small amout of votes on here infact he's won by 100%, i'd go further and say he's better than rodgers but in the same bracket as wenger and avb but not as good as JM so we will have the joint 2nd best manager in the premiership with more funds available than anyone, me for one will be looking forward to a more cavalier approch to our forward line 'i think he'l do the business'

It should be noted for those that go on about Pellegrini not winning the title with Real, Mourinho came in after him and signed the likes of Di Maria, Khedira, Ozil, Carvalho, Ade etc. and still did not win it. Infact he got less points than Pellegrini did.
Great point. And that grinds my gears as well when that is the only reason people say they don't want him. Some guy a few minutes ago on TS (Arsenal fan at that) saying it would be horrible for city because he "hasn't won anything". He is obviously a good manager.

He may be a great manager, but only 6 managers have ever won the PL. All of them (SAF, Dalglish, Wenger, Mourinho, Ancelotti and Mancini) have one thing in common that Pellegrini doesn't share, and that is winning a major European trophy or a top 4 European League Championship before winning the PL, so the fact that he "hasn't won anything" is relevant.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.