WHY.........So much negativity!

I seem to recall the Arse making up a twelve point lead in no time a few years back. And I also think the Rags cannot keep conceding goals to shit teams at the rate they are doing just now. There is absolutely zero chance that they'll get away with it and their squad is too old and will tire a lot earlier in the season than ourselves and the Chelskis.

hilts said:
Ray78 said:
Let's not give up our title without a fight and I will trust and respect the decision our board will make in the summer.

Pretty much as i see it fella, but fans go to extremes week in week out, plus they have to post something on bluemoon i guess

It would be boring if we didn't have debate and as long it doesn't spread to the Stadium there shouldn't be to much of a problem on here. Our owners seem to know what they are doing which has not always been the case.

Bert Trautmann's Parachute said:
woodieMCFC said:
wayne71 said:
My own opinion is that we lost the league against sunderland, the rags would have to collapse and we would have to win 16 out of 19 games just to give us a chance.

I do think we are overreacting simply because we won the league and haven't yet come to terms with the fact that we cannot win it every year regardless of who we buy or who is our manager.

We along with the rags and chelsea will be competing for the league for the foreseeable future and we can't all win it every year.

Shhhhhhhh your talking to much sense (which I agree with btw) best be quiet incase you piss a lot of people off!
So we've lost the league in December? LOFL...

"We along with the rags and chelsea will be competing for the league for the foreseeable future and we can't all win it every year."

With this paragraph which I obviously forgot to mention and/or highlighted.

BlueMooney said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Nee naw nee naw

Here come the York police.

I put it to you that it is you who cannot see the bigger picture: the investment in our squad, the quality we have in our playing staff, the expectations of adug and the consistent levels of underperformance this year domestically and in Europe.

Who mentioned York? I actually think to say "we should be happy with our lot, look where we came from" is also too easy. I'm not happy with how this season has progressed from last season because my expectations have risen - for the same reason our objective in 2000 was to stay in the Premier League, while this year it's to win it. We're not the same team as we were then, so we have different objectives; that doesn't mean we should be happy those objectives are not being met, despite outperforming our old selves.

The bigger picture isn't everything that's happened since August 2012. For the moment (in terms of our current progress and us in the fashion we are now), I'd say it's what's happened since Mancini took over. This year has been disappointing, but that's no reason to assume Mancini will fail for the rest of his time at City: His previous record at the club is the best we've had in the Premier League era and, arguably, the best we've had since the 60s.

Like I say, he might well get it all wrong. And if he does that consistently then I'll have no problem in the club changing manager. But since last August isn't consistently.
Well for me it isn't just since last August. I think the cracks have been there for most of mancini's tenure. A managers ability manifests itself in the way his team perform according to their combined abilities. A great manager makes a team better than the sum of its parts. Look at Dortmund this year, or Swansea, or even man united. Their managers make them play as a unit and they get results against teams with better individuals but less team ability. In the whole of mancini's three years I'd say there was a period which started in April 2011 and finished in December 2011 where you could say that our team fulfilled its potential. Luckily, that spell won us the fa cup and the league. But outside of those periods we have, apart from in patches, underachieved on the field. And this year we have had a spell of nearly 30 games where we have played badly. That's not a blip, it's a trend. In fact it's rapidly moving towards a crisis.

Throw in two abysmal champions league campaign(and a couple of Europa leagues too). These games have been a benchmark for the city of the future. There is no doubt that adug have targeted europeAn success for Manchester city. And there has been no evidence at all that Mancini can achieve That with his squad. In fact it's worse, because he's shown constant European underachievement at his previous clubs. He also has a terrible reputation within the club for his people management skills. He's disliked by a lot of people.

So for me that's the bigger picture, and you can't ignore several other key factors: mancini's Monaco offer makes it obvious his job was under threat last season. So we know from that there are question marks about him in the board's minds. There are also two world class managers, both who can easily be linked with us, coming available soon. And we have a new director of football in place who is watching things like a hawk.

I'd say that the bigger picture is precisely the reason why.mancini is on very thin ice right now. This is not a case of 'hero to zero' in half a season. It's increasingly looking like mancini's chickens are coming home to roost.

Pam said:
I seem to recall the Arse making up a twelve point lead in no time a few years back. And I also think the Rags cannot keep conceding goals to shit teams at the rate they are doing just now. There is absolutely zero chance that they'll get away with it and their squad is too old and will tire a lot earlier in the season than ourselves and the Chelskis.

Pam i know you have a deep hatred of the rags we all do but they are not as bad as you hope they are

LoveCity said:
Every time people are unhappy other people remind us how rubbish we were before 2008. We know that, most of us were City fans then too. But why is context thrown out of the window, it's 2012 and we're the champions of England so the expectations are understandably higher.

I don't think anyone is demanding 100% perfection but at least would like good football (after so much money spent we should at least be able to play entertaining and consistently high level football but for every 7 or so games out of 10 we aren't), challenging bravely for the league, and if possible doing well in a cup or two. Are we supposed to be happy that we've bombed out of Europe in embarrassing fashion, the League Cup in the worst City performance I've seen since Forest in the cup, and are very close to throwing away the league if we don't improve immediately?

It's not dramatic to say that, if we lose to Norwich and United beat WBA, the gap is 10pts. That's how close we are to throwing the league away and people thinking United will throw a 10pt lead away (3 wins + 1 draw we must make up) and repeat last season's mistake are really clutching at straws I think. So the negativity and fear (of fooking it all up so early like Real Madrid have) is understandable, some of it is OTT but we are having a terrible season based on the standards the club sets for itself these days. Just look at the form guide to see why many people are down.

okbvc.jpg

Y'know i don't even think it's a case of winning the league this season. I feel there's a new phase the club are going into with the appointments of two Spaniards. All the noises are there's going to be a clear shift in strategy from the Cook era of "11 world class players, with international standard back ups" to a core of younger players with a smaller group in the top bracket in terms of both ability and wages.

I get the impression that Mancini got too involved in some sort of war of the transfers last summer and demanded top line players. When Khaldoun had even from the summer before been preaching that prudence and youth were the future.

BillyShears said:
LoveCity said:
Every time people are unhappy other people remind us how rubbish we were before 2008. We know that, most of us were City fans then too. But why is context thrown out of the window, it's 2012 and we're the champions of England so the expectations are understandably higher.

I don't think anyone is demanding 100% perfection but at least would like good football (after so much money spent we should at least be able to play entertaining and consistently high level football but for every 7 or so games out of 10 we aren't), challenging bravely for the league, and if possible doing well in a cup or two. Are we supposed to be happy that we've bombed out of Europe in embarrassing fashion, the League Cup in the worst City performance I've seen since Forest in the cup, and are very close to throwing away the league if we don't improve immediately?

It's not dramatic to say that, if we lose to Norwich and United beat WBA, the gap is 10pts. That's how close we are to throwing the league away and people thinking United will throw a 10pt lead away (3 wins + 1 draw we must make up) and repeat last season's mistake are really clutching at straws I think. So the negativity and fear (of fooking it all up so early like Real Madrid have) is understandable, some of it is OTT but we are having a terrible season based on the standards the club sets for itself these days. Just look at the form guide to see why many people are down.

okbvc.jpg

Y'know i don't even think it's a case of winning the league this season. I feel there's a new phase the club are going into with the appointments of two Spaniards. All the noises are there's going to be a clear shift in strategy from the Cook era of "11 world class players, with international standard back ups" to a core of younger players with a smaller group in the top bracket in terms of both ability and wages.

I get the impression that Mancini got too involved in some sort of war of the transfers last summer and demanded top line players. When Khaldoun had even from the summer before been preaching that prudence and youth were the future.

In terms of a replacement who have we got lined up?

LoveCity said:

okbvc.jpg
Anyone who points to the situation pre-2008 as a catch all get out of jail card is wrong. However, it is entirely right to point to the progress we have made in that time both on and off the pitch but to temper that by not expecting the upward trajectory to be a uniformly smooth one.

There are those that choose to ignore the status that this club has attained with Mancini at the helm. He most certainly doesn't have endless reserves of goodwill with most supporters, me included, but given all that he delivered last season he has earned the right to prove he can do it again.

To suggest otherwise is absurd imo.

Is it possible to overreact to the notion that people are overreacting? There might be a few more notable people go over the top and call for the manager to go at the end of the season but we knew how they would comment whenever the opportunity arose.

The fact is our team isnt playing very well and people have voiced their opinions as to why it might be happening. Apart from the usual suspects I havent seen too many whinging to the point where theyre being unreasonable.

Didsbury Dave said:
Well for me it isn't just since last August. I think the cracks have been there for most of mancini's tenure. A managers ability manifests itself in the way his team perform according to their combined abilities. A great manager makes a team better than the sum of its parts. Look at Dortmund this year, or Swansea, or even man united. Their managers make them play as a unit and they get results against teams with better individuals but less team ability. In the whole of mancini's three years I'd say there was a period which started in April 2011 and finished in December 2011 where you could say that our team fulfilled its potential. Luckily, that spell won us the fa cup and the league. But outside of those periods we have, apart from in patches, underachieved on the field. And this year we have had a spell of nearly 30 games where we have played badly. That's not a blip, it's a trend. In fact it's rapidly moving towards a crisis.

Throw in two abysmal champions league campaign(and a couple of Europa leagues too). These games have been a benchmark for the city of the future. There is no doubt that adug have targeted europeAn success for Manchester city. And there has been no evidence at all that Mancini can achieve That with his squad. In fact it's worse, because he's shown constant European underachievement at his previous clubs. He also has a terrible reputation within the club for his people management skills. He's disliked by a lot of people.

So for me that's the bigger picture, and you can't ignore several other key factors: mancini's Monaco offer makes it obvious his job was under threat last season. So we know from that there are question marks about him in the board's minds. There are also two world class managers, both who can easily be linked with us, coming available soon. And we have a new director of football in place who is watching things like a hawk.

I'd say that the bigger picture is precisely the reason why.mancini is on very thin ice right now. This is not a case of 'hero to zero' in half a season. It's increasingly looking like mancini's chickens are coming home to roost.

A brilliant summary Dave of why i and many others are unhappy with Mancini.It baffles me how people refuse to see his glaringly obvious faults and weaknesses yet somehow award him Messiah like status because he was fortunate enough to be granted the golden ticket.

He isn't the right man for us and,i'll go further,i don't believe he ever was.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.