Why The Hell Would Anyone Want Mancini Sacked ?

OB1 said:
hgblue said:
I have my fingers crossed that they know what they're doing, but I reserve the right to say 'I told you so', if we find ourselves trailing behind a Mourinho-inspired Chelsea next season ;).

I dread the idea of Mourinho going to Chelsea. If Mancini can get the better of both him and SAF and win the league next season, I'll be surprised but absolutely delighted and would elevate Mancini in my estimation considerably.

Start to digest the prospect of both Mourinho and Falcao at Chelsea next season.

Mancini has found it hard enough maintaining the team's momentum dealing with United.

I fail to see how a third team in the equation increases the chances of us being successful.

OB1 said:
hgblue said:
I have my fingers crossed that they know what they're doing, but I reserve the right to say 'I told you so', if we find ourselves trailing behind a Mourinho-inspired Chelsea next season ;).

I dread the idea of Mourinho going to Chelsea. If Mancini can get the better of both him and SAF and win the league next season, I'll be surprised but absolutely delighted and would elevate Mancini in my estimation considerably.

Nice to know you're easily pleased.. ;)

Surely it would be better for us if the top clubs in the Prem had better managers (ie Jose to Chelsea) because clubs will take more points off of each other at the top and United wouldn't be twenty points clear again. I bet sky and the rest of them would LOVE it if jose went to Chelsea, they be spunking all season over "Fergie vs. Mourinho", and forget about City who'd be able to get on with winning back the title

tolmie's hairdoo said:
OB1 said:
hgblue said:

Start to digest the prospect of both Mourinho and Falcao at Chelsea next season.

Mancini has found it hard enough maintaining the team's momentum dealing with United.

I fail to see how a third team in the equation increases the chances of us being successful.

Mourinho and Ferguson have this incredible mutual respect for each other, that they almost end up ganging up on other managers to see of the threat. They did it with Benitez when he was at Liverpool, constant jibes, until he eventually cracked.

I think Mancini does have the confidence to handle that though, and whilst he is incredibly hot headed and emotional with players (from what I see) and when it comes to handling the media, I think he is 'cool' enough to handle mind games from other managers.

In terms of handling the actual threats the team pose, if Mourinho and Falcao both do go to Chelsea then they will become an incredible force. We do have a great team, but we must strengthen and freshen our squad this summer. It really has to be better than the last one, no matter who is in charge.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
OB1 said:
hgblue said:

and you always get everything right don't you?

The Future's Blue said:
Are we suggesting that the board have got things wrong and that we should get Mourinho?

That would be my opinion. When we missed out on Pep, we should have moved heaven and earth to get Mourinho or Klopp.

Do I know better than Txiki etc? No but I do not think they are infallible. After much procrastination on my part, at the end of Hughes first season, I declared to the waiting public that he should go. City promptly announced that he was staying and I praised them for doing the honourable thing and got on with supporting the team; we know what happened six months later. The club made the wrong decision by keeping Hughes on and they could make a similar mistake.<br /><br />-- Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:57 pm --<br /><br />
BringBackSwales said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
OB1 said:

No one does; so what.

samharris said:
Master_Tactician said:
dctid said:
I hghly doubr that our owners would see progressing in the CL merely a bonus - i would have thought it essential

I also find it dificult to believe that our owners have not compard our dismal CL showing compared to PSG or Malaga

Mancini should and if reports are true will be given another season at least and i think most City fans including myself would want but another CL performance like last season may be a bridge too far

There is absolutely nothing about what our owners have done for us would indiecat ethey are happy to get by
Agree but a lot of people said the same about Mancini having one more go at CL after last year, also for a few years at Inter...

Next year is surely too important to be taking a punt that he suddenly comes good?

And why should he not come good.. Klopp got outed in the group stages in the last two seasons with a very poor record..

Dortmund stuck with him now hes one game from the final and barring a spanish miracle will get there..

Last season was Dortmunds first season in the CL and they finished last. This season in the CL, well we all know where they are headed.

dancity19 said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
OB1 said:

Mourinho and Ferguson have this incredible mutual respect for each other, that they almost end up ganging up on other managers to see of the threat. They did it with Benitez when he was at Liverpool, constant jibes, until he eventually cracked.

I think Mancini does have the confidence to handle that though, and whilst he is incredibly hot headed and emotional with players (from what I see) and when it comes to handling the media, I think he is 'cool' enough to handle mind games from other managers.

It doesn't help when the constant jibes are from closer to home too. Some people are desperate for Mancini to be gone, no matter what it takes.
If Mancini is going to be here another year then everyone should get behind him.

OB1 said:
The Future's Blue said:
Are we suggesting that the board have got things wrong and that we should get Mourinho?

That would be my opinion. When we missed out on Pep, we should have moved heaven and earth to get Mourinho or Klopp.

Do I know better than Txiki etc? No but I do not think they are infallible. After much procrastination on my part, at the end of Hughes first season, I declared to the waiting public that he should go. City promptly announced that he was staying and I praised them for doing the honourable thing and got on with supporting the team; we know what happened six months later. The club made the wrong decision by keeping Hughes on and they could make a similar mistake.
-- Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:57 pm --

BringBackSwales said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

No one does; so what.

It is laughable that you are comparing Hughes the Manager to Mancini the Manager and then saying we could be making the same mistake by retaining Mancini.

Whatever you think of Mancini he is a winner and has shown that at every club he has been at as a Manager by actually winning Trophies at every one of them, Hughes has won nothing and will struggle to get a job now at a Championship club, their is no comparison.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.