Why ''York away''? Should be Northampton.....

for me, and although shite and a lowest (place) point in history, the real low points were some utterly dire midweek cup matches at home with a few thousand bothering to turn up.

away games are always fun to a certain degree (apart from 5-0 at the swamp) but being utterly shite at home, cold, wet and so miserable you can't even be arsed to shout at the bastards takes some beating.

lancs blue said:
Being at York wasn't about loyalty as much as being there at the club's lowest point in their history, I've never felt as depressed about City as I did walking back to the car after that match.

Yep, me too mate. We actually went to every game home and away that season (apart from Notts County away in the League cup - couldn`t finish early enough at work), as we have nearly every season for god knows how many years now . Remember the hours & hours queuing up at Maine Rd on what seemed like every friday night? (queued from about midnight for Macc away).
To be honest i think my lowest point ever as a Blue was at Port Vale the season before (march ish if memory serves). Wiekins put us 1 up, we lost 2-1. This was the point i realised we were gonna be relegated. I cried.
Anyway, for all the piss taking off everyone, a couple of good hidings in the 70`s & 80`s, all the shit games, fights, tears, getting piss wet through & fucking freezing standing watching us be shit, all the bollocks, from tranny van getting burnt out at Leeds to getting showered with piss at Millwall (& the swamp) this is what makes NOW all the better. Lest we forget eh? More importantly though, i wouldn`t have missed a second of any of them for the world.

Wycombe away I can remember being invited into their social club before the game to bolster the numbers inside when I got in 90% blues having a pint, locals loving the banter...lost the match and long drive home. It was a midweek match as I recall.

hydemainecoms said:
Wycombe away I can remember being invited into their social club before the game to bolster the numbers inside when I got in 90% blues having a pint, locals loving the banter...lost the match and long drive home. It was a midweek match as I recall.

it was and that was my lowest moment where I thought christ this may not be a temporary aberration after all

Balti said:
hydemainecoms said:

it was and that was my lowest moment where I thought christ this may not be a temporary aberration after all

My mood was somehow lightened by the magnificently named Jermaine McSporren coming on for them in the 2nd half.

The Lincoln away match !.
I stood next to curly, norman watts, he looked a bit pissed off, or just pissed.
Crashed my motor on the way home, lost, missed work next day.
Always wonder what happened to norman watts, is he still around ?

Chillidog77 said:
Balti said:
hydemainecoms said:

My mood was somehow lightened by the magnificently named Jermaine McSporren coming on for them in the 2nd half.

quick wasn't he!

Chillidog77 said:
Remember the hours & hours queuing up at Maine Rd on what seemed like every friday night? (queued from about midnight for Macc away). .

The Macclesfield away game was the day Wigan away tickets went on sale.
I got to the ground around 6.30am and it was either raining or freezing or both.
By the time I'd got home, (around 10.30am) Wigan ticket in hand, I was shivvering and coming down with a fever. Called my mate up at noon and asked him if he wanted my Macc ticket! (He did!)

Ref ;; York-away , went on the train to celebrate mates b,day 19th dec and ended up being involved with some "leeds knobs"kicking off b4 the match en route 2 the game , ! then had to endure THAT MATCH!! definately my worst moment in following city home, away, abroad, in over 30yrs ;-) but to all who were there?? keep it fresh in your minds for when some "plastic armchair" fan of any club tries to dish out "WHERE WERE YOU WHEN WE WAS SHIT" ;-) lifes made of memories some good ,bad & ugly (now its time to ENJOY THE GOOD) i,m sure craig russell was our M.O.T.M and royle took him off while chasing the game!!

York was a low point that season but so was Doncaster in the First Round of the Cup. City fans fighting each other and abusing the management team. it was horrible.

I went to every game apart from Bristol Rovers away.
Sixfields, Slatergate, Priestfield, Sincil Bank, etc were all new to me.

I took my eldest age 1 year to the Northampton home game 0-0 result.
Awful.

The turning point was Wrexham on Boxing Day.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.