Wigan Vs City Post Match Discussion thread

Dubai Blue said:
citymad said:
malg said:
Just come on, so not read all the posts. However, can Bobby please stop waving the fucking imaginary red card. I know he's still feeling hard done by with the Kompany sending off, but he's doing the club no favours with his antics. Yes, the bloke should have gone, and God only knows what the referee was thinking, but stop waving the card - I believe he has more class.

Agreed. Its embarrassing. Wont go down well with the media and pundits
So what? You're apportioning far too much importance to the opinions of a group of tired ex pros not good enough to go into management and a bunch of fat-arsed journalists who were never even good enough to kick a ball on their local park. Who really gives a shit what any of them think? I know I certainly don't.

Mancini isn't trying to influence the decision of the referee on the pitch because he waves his imaginary card AFTER the ref has already made his decision. He's quite rightly highlighting the fact that the laws of the game are not being implemented properly. And if that helps highlight the fact that we were yet again handed the shitty end of the stick then good on him; wave away.
absolutely spot on

Millwallawayveteran1988 said:
For all it was a ground out win and this is what wins titles, we really need to up our game now because since west brom we have not been playing well in general.

Better teams would have drawn or beat us last night.

Silva looks really out of form and when yaya isn't playing that is a major worry. For all barrys and milners hard work, they don't create much so nasri and silva need to be doing more.

We look way too ponderous when we get to their penalty area. Often we break quite quickly and get up the pitch into a really threatening position, and then just stop. Difficult to tell on TV, but whether it's because our strikers and attacking midfield players or wingbacks aren't making the runs, I don't know.

But time and time again the ball would come to Nasri and he would seem to have no-one forward to pass to and he'd end up passing it backwards and slowing the play right down. So most of our attacks were in front of 10 or 11 defenders and it was hard going.

It's been like this for a while now. We definitely need to get in behind defences much more.

wether its ok or not , waving the imaginary card and throwing himself about makes him look really paranoid,and desperate. hes losing his cool which i liked a lot about him.
this can only give other managers the knowledge that he is concerned
i say go back to playing it cool please bobby

and if he wasnt concerned when it looked like things werent going his way people would say he doesnt care, why doesnt he care, whatever he does, whatever city do it will be wrong.

We go away and win on a monday night missing alot of players, well thats wrong cos we didnt play well enough. If we had won by a few it would have been well its only wigan so you should have won by a few. If we had lost it would have been crisis everyone mancini out. If we had drawn despiite the fact that spurs drew at home to wolves it would have been a disasterous result.

So if whatever you do is gonna be wrong why try and please everyone, why try and remain cool if you are going to get slated anyway.

The scum have had a load of scruffy 1-0 wins and look where they are on the table. It's the result that counts and not how pretty we play or how many we score sometimes.

I'd take 17 x 1-0 wins from now until the end of the season in a heartbeat.........

I quite enjoyed the game last night, it would have been nice to win by more but Wigan tried hard and tried to play.

Does anybody think that Aguero called Dezko a donkey for his back pass to their keeper?

Dubai Blue said:
citymad said:
malg said:
Just come on, so not read all the posts. However, can Bobby please stop waving the fucking imaginary red card. I know he's still feeling hard done by with the Kompany sending off, but he's doing the club no favours with his antics. Yes, the bloke should have gone, and God only knows what the referee was thinking, but stop waving the card - I believe he has more class.

So what? You're apportioning far too much importance to the opinions of a group of tired ex pros not good enough to go into management and a bunch of fat-arsed journalists who were never even good enough to kick a ball on their local park. Who really gives a shit what any of them think? I know I certainly don't.

Mancini isn't trying to influence the decision of the referee on the pitch because he waves his imaginary card AFTER the ref has already made his decision. He's quite rightly highlighting the fact that the laws of the game are not being implemented properly. And if that helps highlight the fact that we were yet again handed the shitty end of the stick then good on him; wave away.

What I find a bit strange about Bobby, is that it seems fine to wave cards around in game, but in post game he "would rather not talk about the referee."

Personally I would prefer him to stop waving cards, and speak his mind after the game.

"Looked like a red card to me. Nobody was going to stop Aguero getting in on goal."

Waving cards is out of character for Bobby. He seems a gentleman and the card waving just makes him look like a buffoon.

Comrade Buka said:
Dubai Blue said:
citymad said:

What I find a bit strange about Bobby, is that it seems fine to wave cards around in game, but in post game he "would rather not talk about the referee."

Personally I would prefer him to stop waving cards, and speak his mind after the game.

"Looked like a red card to me. Nobody was going to stop Aguero getting in on goal."

Waving cards is out of character for Bobby. He seems a gentleman and the card waving just makes him look like a buffoon.
As his English isn't great, I think it's quite sensible for him avoid talking about referees. In fact, I'd hazard a guess that he's been instructed to by the men upstairs.

When Micah is not playing we are lacking in pace on the right, same can be said in the centre of midfield without YaYa.We need a bit more pace in the side to stretch teams when they get 10 behind the ball, I assume this will be rectified in the summer :)

You have to take last night's result in the context of recent performances. If it had taken place a month ago then it would have been a sound win.

Unfortunately, it was a continuation of the recent run of unconvincing performances.

To say that it's only about getting 3 points is being disingenuous. Against Spurs, yes. But against a side propping up the league, it should have been more than just about getting the points.

Let's be honest. If Wigan had got anything from the game, it would have been shocking.

It was an opportunity to hit the rampant form shown at the beginning of the season but, in this sense, it was an opportunity missed.

Still, sitting pretty at the summit..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.