Wigan Vs City Post Match Discussion thread

citymad said:
malg said:
Just come on, so not read all the posts. However, can Bobby please stop waving the fucking imaginary red card. I know he's still feeling hard done by with the Kompany sending off, but he's doing the club no favours with his antics. Yes, the bloke should have gone, and God only knows what the referee was thinking, but stop waving the card - I believe he has more class.

Agreed. Its embarrassing. Wont go down well with the media and pundits
So what? You're apportioning far too much importance to the opinions of a group of tired ex pros not good enough to go into management and a bunch of fat-arsed journalists who were never even good enough to kick a ball on their local park. Who really gives a shit what any of them think? I know I certainly don't.

Mancini isn't trying to influence the decision of the referee on the pitch because he waves his imaginary card AFTER the ref has already made his decision. He's quite rightly highlighting the fact that the laws of the game are not being implemented properly. And if that helps highlight the fact that we were yet again handed the shitty end of the stick then good on him; wave away.

Bobby should have a real red card in his pocket and wave that. That'll wind the fuckers up!

unexpected item said:
Bobby should have a real red card in his pocket and wave that. That'll wind the fuckers up!
That's actually really funny and would be piss funny to see happen!
Seriously though, I agree with this excerpt from Winter's match report from last night:
' Mancini was incensed, waving an imaginary card in that annoying and increasingly familiar way of his.
Somebody at the League Managers Association needs to have a quiet word with Mancini. Such a good manager should be above such tacky acts.'

And it is that last sentence which stands out the most. One thing I fucking hate is watching that whisky-soaked twat tap his watch towards the end of Taggart-Time, most blues hate this too. Mancini waving his imaginary card is the same thing and something he has only recently began to do. Perhaps its in protest at what he sees as a lack of decisions going his way, but whatever it is it would be best that he didn't do it, in my opinion of course.

ban-mcfc said:
feel like i'm going to have a stroke after that, ppphhhheeewwww.

has to be a red card that, it's 2-0 if he doesn't do that, it's blatant cheating.

I agree. Had it been a clumsy accidental foul, then the fact Aguero was so far from goal maybe could have allowed the ref to be lenient and only give a yellow. I say only say maybe because it surely was a clear goal scoring opportunity. No-one could have caught Aguero and it's not like it was de Jong through on goal or something.

But with the foul being such deliberate, blatant cheating as well? I don't see how a red was not given.

In fact am I imagining it, or can you get a straight red for deliberate handball like that anywhere, anyway? I had a feeling you could.

Chippy_boy said:
ban-mcfc said:
feel like i'm going to have a stroke after that, ppphhhheeewwww.

has to be a red card that, it's 2-0 if he doesn't do that, it's blatant cheating.

I agree. Had it been a clumsy accidental foul, then the fact Aguero was so far from goal maybe could have allowed the ref to be lenient and only give a yellow. I say only say maybe because it surely was a clear goal scoring opportunity. No-one could have caught Aguero and it's not like it was de Jong through on goal or something.

But with the foul being such deliberate, blatant cheating as well? I don't see how a red was not given.

In fact am I imagining it, or can you get a straight red for deliberate handball like that anywhere, anyway? I had a feeling you could.

Someone posted the rule last night , you can be given a straight red for deliberate handball.

If a one on one with the keeper with no defenders within 20 yards of you isn´t a goal scoring opportunity I don´t know what the fook is!
Added to that it was a such a cynical act of preventing an opportunity it merited a red on that basis only
Red card - no if or buts
Once again officials don´t know their arses from their elbows

What was interesting was that they questioned bobby after the game last night but never asked martinez what he thought of one of his players baltantly cheating.

For all it was a ground out win and this is what wins titles, we really need to up our game now because since west brom we have not been playing well in general.

Better teams would have drawn or beat us last night.

Silva looks really out of form and when yaya isn't playing that is a major worry. For all barrys and milners hard work, they don't create much so nasri and silva need to be doing more.

Bob needs a card the size of subs card on a poll which lights up red when needed. We could even get the score board to go red!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.