Wilfried Bony 2015/2016 Performances

It's his lack of movement and his desire to compete on the pitch that is annoying. He just stands there expecting the ball played to his feet. Sorry mate you aint Zlatan

I think he has no idea what his role is. He is shoehorned by our glorious manager in to a team that doesn't play to any of his strengths and on top of that I don't think he is coached in what to do or how he should play.

"Just go be yourself wilf, have fun. Oh and try to score somehow. "

We will never know for sure, but if we had avoided signing him last year and kept Dzeko, I can't help feeling things would have been far more interesting right now, as it stands it simply depends on the draw for the last 8 of the ECL and whether we can finish in the top 4, or preferably 3 to ensure qualification in 16/17 ECL. ManueL put his faith in his squad, and was let down by some of the players and injuries.

In his recent 'performances', there have been a couple of times when he's picked up the ball around 30 yards from goal and been faced with one defender and space behind. At no point has he ever looked capable, never mind confident, of taking that man on and threatening the goal. We desperately need a striker who can do that.

I think he has no idea what his role is. He is shoehorned by our glorious manager in to a team that doesn't play to any of his strengths and on top of that I don't think he is coached in what to do or how he should play.

"Just go be yourself wilf, have fun. Oh and try to score somehow. "
And we should change our playing philosophy to fit his style? If he isn't the best player in the squad, he should look to apply himself towards the squad, not the other way around. He's a square peg in a round hole. He's not a bad player, just not a player that's for our team.

On a day in which our best players looked crap, it interesting that it is the role players who's threads are buzzing with activity.

It's Bony, Navas And Pelegrini :) That's some serious group think.

I keep telling folks when your team doesn't win look to the stars, not the role players.

Aguero? Silva? Yaya?_DeBryune? Kompany? Hart? Which one of these folks failed to perform? Once you get the answer to that question, buzz their thread up and discuss the intricacies of their poor performance.

That's how you ask the right questions. Focusing on the Bony's and Navas's simply is burying ones head in the sand.

It's his lack of movement and his desire to compete on the pitch that is annoying. He just stands there expecting the ball played to his feet. Sorry mate you aint Zlatan

But fair play to the lump for laying it on to another city player when someone actually passes to him because that's all he give the team.

And we should change our playing philosophy to fit his style? If he isn't the best player in the squad, he should look to apply himself towards the squad, not the other way around. He's a square peg in a round hole. He's not a bad player, just not a player that's for our team.
We shouldn't change and we haven't. I'm saying he should have never been picked, you're bang on, he doesn't suit our style at all so he's going to look shit. I fully blame the manger.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.