Wilfried Bony 2015/2016 Performances

I really can't take you seriously Dax - Sergio made Ruddy make two good saves today, is our only decent finisher, will become the record goal scorer, has never given the club (or brand as our owners wish to call it) a days problem, constantly spends extra time with young supporters, loves the club, almost single- handed won us our first league title - I ask you what more do you want? Despite his off day he was the only player who actually looked like scoring. As for Silva, yes he was a little off today but he has played through bad injuries for the sake of the club, is definitely a player that relies on runners which didn't happen today - Only criticism of Silva is his reluctance to shoot but I will never slag him off as he too has been a great role model, a top top player who we have been lucky to watch week in week out, unlike Bony who makes himself unavailable on a regular basis. I hate calling out certain players but Wilfred Bony has been a very poor player for us, fact. Unfortunately we also find it hard to get behind him because his work rate is just not there.
This is my point exactly. I'm discussing today's performance by proxy in player's threads. So are most here, yet most give no consideration to what happened today in their analysis.

As far as today's game is concerned it matters little what anyone did the last 4 years.

Actually it does matter what they did the last 4 years (as that knowledge gives us a baseline of what they are capable of), failure to come anywhere close to that history should be proof positive they were poor 'today'... But instead of focusing on why we were poor today, folks wanna focus on the irrelevant.

Bony played 50 something minutes. What did the stars who played 90 minutes. 40 odd minutes without him him do?

Failed to have a single shot on goal. There were 4 shots on goal when he was on the field playing poorly, Zero after he left the field. Hmmm!

He is not the real problem if you ask me.

Start of the second half ,for 15+ minutes Bony didn't even touch the ball and finally he got the pass but gave it away straight up.Than again after few minutes he got the ball again gave it away. It seems like Silva and Kun doesn't really trust him anymore.Both ignored him multiple times.
The difference between him and Kun is that , when kun lost the ball he went chasing to retrieve but when Bony lost the ball he gave fuck all.

Yes I agree. But we lost because Aguero and Silva were wank.

That's the point, I'm getting at. Bony is a role player, he doesn't really matter much to our success. So why is his thread alive, yet Aguero and Silva's are not even on the front page?
Apologies for repeating myself as I made this point earlier in the thread. The difference between Aguero and SIlva and Bony today is quite simple. Aguero and SIlva were really poor but it wasn't due to lack of effort, if anything Sergio was trying too hard IMO. Bony completely hid today IMO, he didn't want the ball and he wandered (aimlessly) around in areas where he knew he wouldn't have to get involved. He is a striker, we played about 25 minutes camped around their box yet he hardly touched the ball. One reason for that, he didn't want the fucking ball. Doesn't matter whether he is back up or not, there is no excuse for going on the pitch and just deliberately disappearing. I don't think anyone could accuse any other player on our team of not trying today, poor decisions and poor play, yes, completely shitting out of the game, no. That's why Bony's thread is at the top of the page IMO, because he's a shithouse who has completely bottled it in a City shirt.

When our stars are at their best he is anonymous and gets away with it because we won, when our best players aren't at the races he is anonymous and gets shit because he has nowhere to hide. Sergio, silva,toure etc all have contributed ! Where is bonys contribution eh ? What has he done in this team ? When has he saved us like the players I mentioned above have ? When has he scored a goal that handed us a title like dzeko did and aguero did ? He is a striker and needs to score goals. Sergio creates his own chances so bony has no excuse and you can keep defending him but everyone is seeing him for what he is and that is a big, lazy puddle of wank !
Where have I defended Bony? I could give 2 fucks about Bony. I was the one who got shouted down for saying it was a shit purchase 'at the time of the purchase'.

A slow sluggish striker who fed off headers and onetimers moving to a team who ball possess intricately and play will skilled forwards. Off course it was a dumb buy. It didn't take much to see that.. Do I'm sorry I don't feel like belaboring the obvious.

That however is irrelevant to whether he is why we failed to win today.

Start of the second half ,for 15+ minutes Bony didn't even touch the ball and finally he got the pass but gave it away straight up.Than again after few minutes he got the ball again gave it away. It seems like Silva and Kun doesn't really trust him anymore.Both ignored him multiple times.
The difference between him and Kun is that , when kun lost the ball he went chasing to retrieve but when Bony lost the ball he gave fuck all.

It really is shocking how much Aguero runs and much Bony just doesn't. I never saw Aguero as an exceptionally hard worker. Not lazy at all, but not really chasing every ball and whatnot. But compared to Bony he is a workhorse

It really is shocking how much Aguero runs and much Bony just doesn't. I never saw Aguero as an exceptionally hard worker. Not lazy at all, but not really chasing every ball and whatnot. But compared to Bony he is a workhorse
Its the attitude that matters .I don't expect bony to be like Tevez but at least show some positive attitude and motivation rest of the team .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.