Wilfried Bony 2015/2016 Performances

definite case of a club to far for the lad, wont be in pep's plans i'm sure of it, hopefully swansea will take him back, we might get a few quid for him.

manuel's worst signing

Was pleased when we signed him, and genuinely thought he'd be good for us. Goes to show how little I know, although it's quite possible that the malaria has hampered him. As it probably would.

He's been shocking recently though, and shouldn't be anywhere near the starting XI for the rest of the season. Ridiculous that he is starting ahead of Iheanacho and Sterling.

when we see aguero trying to fight with 4/5 players of the other team and bony instead of helping him just stood like a fucking tree without moving his big fat arse it s nothing to do with malaria tbh....he is just not good enough and needs sold let s hope we will find someone ready to give us a good fee for him

This is my point exactly. I'm discussing today's performance by proxy in player's threads. So are most here, yet most give no consideration to what happened today in their analysis.

As far as today's game is concerned it matters little what anyone did the last 4 years.

Actually it does matter what they did the last 4 years (as that knowledge gives us a baseline of what they are capable of), failure to come anywhere close to that history should be proof positive they were poor 'today'... But instead of focusing on why we were poor today, folks wanna focus on the irrelevant.

Bony played 50 something minutes. What did the stars who played 90 minutes. 40 odd minutes without him him do?

Failed to have a single shot on goal. There were 4 shots on goal when he was on the field playing poorly, Zero after he left the field. Hmmm!

He is not the real problem if you ask me.

If you could illustrate how he played an integral part in those 4 shots on goal, your argument will be more convincing.

But the fact is that he didn't do anything of note in attack yesterday, let alone creating chances like you said. Silva created 4 chances in the game, 3 of which from open play. Bony created NONE. While Aguero and Silva were also poor, Bony were much poorer than them. Apart from the first twenty minutes, which he was average, he fucked up a lot of passes and crosses given to him afterwards. Very often he received the ball with his back to goal, which of course made things difficult, but one would have expected him to have enough skills and physique to turn while still retaining the ball, not being held off by opposition defenders. Considering this one would have thought it reasonable for other players choosing not to pass to him, though this certainly didn't help his confidence.

His average position also baffles me. During the game he was even deeper than Silva and Dinho. You can say that he spent a lot of time helping out defence, but then other attacking players spent as much time, if not more, helping out too. And unless Pellegrini converted him to a midfielder and asked him to stay that deep (which would mean he truly lost his marbles), then he was not doing his job as a striker well. Even if he had to drop deep in search of the ball, that didn't explain why he was often not around the box when our attack needed support.

And no player is irrelevant. If they become irrelevant to the team's performance, they should be shown out of the door. Even a back-up player has to be relevant enough to justify their place in the squad. So by deeming Bony irrelevant, you would also be acknowledging that his performance has been much direr than most in the squad. This answers why this thread has received so much attention after yesterday.

I don't like how some on here called Bony "****" either, because although he was not good enough, he was also rather unlucky with injuries and malaria. Thus I had tried to support him, but he was wearing my patience thin. He was by far the poorest player out there yesterday, and he needed to start scoring again soon.

According to motd last night Bony didn't touch the ball once within 5 yards of the Norwich area.
His lack of movement and serious lack of effort is enough to ensure he should never wear a City shirt again.
I hate to slag off any player but the guy doesn't even look interested and we should cut our losses and ship him out asap.
Kelechie must be thinking wtf is he doing on the bench when he should be our 1st choice striker after Kun.

If we miss out on fourth place out of determination to keep him in the shop window, I'll put him down as our worst signing of the new millennium.
Trouble is the more we play him the further down the shops he'll go ending up at the bottom of the market pound shops.

Get him out of the side and spin some shit about Malaria effecting him still til the end of the season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.