Wilfried Bony

Status
Not open for further replies.
mosssideblue said:
To all lurking Rags.

This is how City operate in a transfer window. Identify, offer, negotiate & Sign.

Flip the coin to the Ushited way:

Identify, wait, wait a bit longer, sent two spoofs to negotiate, fuck it all up, pay over the buy out clause on the last day and end up with A&E.

Well said

It's an excellent signing.

Peope complaining about the price but would be more than happy to splurge £30m on a player with a high reputation but is unproven in the Premiership.

For some reason we seem to think that everything from Spain, Germany etc is far superior.

Bony scores goals in the Premiership. Lots of them. That for me ticks boxes.

Still young at 26 and although the ACON is a pain, getting him in now when we have less competition to push the price up, makes sense.

Prestwich_Blue said:
Top PL scorers in 2014:

1 Wilfried Bony - 18
2 Sergio Aguero - 16
3 Edin Dzeko - 14
4 Yaya Toure - 14
5 Daniel Sturridge - 13

Keep seeing that Aguero got 16 in 2014. Not sure where this is coming from because he has got 18.

Cardiff 18/1/14
Spurs 29/1/14
West Brom 21/4/14
Everton 13/5/14

Then 14 league goals this season.

Maybe your stats exclude penalties?

mosssideblue said:
To all lurking Rags.

This is how City operate in a transfer window. Identify, offer, negotiate & Sign.

Flip the coin to the Ushited way:

Identify, wait, wait a bit longer, sent two spoofs to negotiate, fuck it all up, pay over the buy out clause on the last day and end up with A&E.

And don't forget to mention how they leak in the press on how much they have got to spend leaving themselves wide open to get milked.

Dax777 said:
callumcity said:
Damanino said:
Doubt he would be registered for our CL squad this season. Even if he would be probably wouldnt get much playing time vs Barca. Probably not even on bench if other strikers are fit.

Also signing him now could be a risk as we get him for 30m this weekend, he gets injured in Africa Cup for 4 months ad first time he plays for us is maybe in May.

I think he is a good striker that could be useful but not a world class one and not a huge improvement on Dzeko or Jovetic if any. Younger, maybe bit stronger than Negredo. Not sure we need to spend around 30m to have 4 strikers again.

Swansea will hold out for as much as they can, no surprise in that, would do the same in their place. If they can keep the interested parties in it still until end of January to maybe get not 25m but 28 thats good for them, Bony is away anyway at the moment. and if he stays he cant be angry because a good performance in the last few months of the season can earn him other more great opportunities in the summer.

I disagree, he's better than Negredo and I think Negredo is better than Jovetic and Dzeko. A lot of people on here underestimating Bony, he's a quality player and exactly what we need.
i agree with the above, yet I don't want him. Coz at best, that means we are getting rid of Dzeko and keeping Jovetic
Bad move, Dzeko is the keeper and not Jovetic. Bony also will not get as much space here as he does at Swansea. Teams play us slightly differently. He is also not the most hardworking striker. City fans will hate that. Great composure in front of goal, a handful on corners kicks and a great header of the ball. Like the player, don't like the move.

We need to keep Dzeko and get rid of Jovetic

One person who will be as sick as the proverbial...

Drogba has been trying to get Chelsea to buy Bony this window as his long-term successor.

Chelsea do not have the funds due to FFP and are investing a small amount in some Balkan kid who they will immediately farm out.

I will really look forward to Bony playing bodyguard to Aguero.

So many teams have started to take liberties with him and Silva.

No more. Would be the best signing since Aguero.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.