Wilfried Bony

Status
Not open for further replies.
KnaresboroughBlue said:
uwe_returns said:
oasis-city-greek-fan said:
Forgetting and understimating Dzekos contribution ( 5 titles) is more raggish than questioning Βony s transfer.

Spot on. Same people raving about Bony now will be the first to moan when he fluffs a chance.

Whereas you've been moaning about him before he's even signed let alone fluffed a chance.

I'm not moaning. I'm incredibly grateful for the amazing investment we've enjoyed since 2008 and proud of how the club has developed and grown. It's been a joy to watch and experience. FFP is, to my mind, an absolute disgraceful attempt by the established football cartel to protect their interests. In response I think we need to be hyper careful of how we spend money. Wilfried Bony is a decent player. He'll score goals no doubt about that. 30 million might not be ludicrously over the top. People can rightly say Ross McCormack was 10 mill etc but a huge number of clubs can now spend 10 mill on a player. A smaller but still significant number of clubs can spend 30 mill or so on a player. Spurs and Everton (soldado lukaku for example).

We are one of a select group of clubs that can spend 50 million plus if needs be on top top quality. My hope is that signing bony doesn't put that ability at risk.

Top scorers in 2014 calendar year:

1/ Bony

2/ Aguero

3/ Dzeko

4/ Yaya Toure

5/ Sturridge

But hey, let's not sign no.1and while we're at it, let's bad-mouth no. 3.

Jesus wept.

mad4city said:

1/ Bony

2/ Aguero

3/ Dzeko

4/ Yaya Toure

5/ Sturridge

Jesus wept.

Who says that **** at no. 4 is off the hook?

Bruun said:
cleavers said:
number8 said:
If we do sign him, will he be able to play in Champions League ?
Yes, because we name a new squad for the last 16, but we have the same restrictions, so somebody would have to be left out.

Not quite right, you name the same squad, but have the possibility to change up to three players.

Is it up to 3 changes though? The FFP sanction makes a vague mention of a restriction on introducing newly-transferred players into the CL squad.

aguero93:20 said:
mad4city said:

1/ Bony

2/ Aguero

3/ Dzeko

4/ Yaya Toure

5/ Sturridge

Jesus wept.

Who says that c**t at no. 4 is off the hook?

And why the fuck did we let number 5 go! ;-)

Mancitybluemoon1 said:
oasis-city-greek-fan said:
Mancitybluemoon1 said:
I'm not a Dzeko hater, infact he's scored some amazing goals for us, that helped win the league in the past.... but you have got to ask yourself, what has he done this season??? You are only as good as your last goal and he hasn't scored many this season even before he was injured..."THIS" season he has been terrible and his lack of effort is what has people questioning if he should move on.....Since he signed a big contract extension in the offseason, he has scored 2 league goals and looked slow and lacking in effort..."IF" he plays like that all this season, do you think City management will keep saying....its ok, because he scored some great goals for us in 2013/14 season...the answer is NO...because he's getting 100k plus a week to score......I would love for him to regain his form but do we really believe Bony is going to be a 4th striker?....No, City are thinking of signing a striker, not just because of injuries but because of the play of Dzeko/ Jovetic "before" the injuries.....

So you questioning his 4 years contribution because οf some poor perfomances and and injury after a World Cup year ??? So easy ???
Everybody losses his form...everybody was poor in the start of this race...
Dropping him so easy seems lack of some sort of spirit.And you don t buy spirit with money.

Do you believe that we should had sell Yaya too ?

I agree....everyone has drop in form from time to time.....what has concerned me more than his lack of goals, is his lack of effort in some of the games before the injury.....Do you think City would be looking at Bony if Dzeko/Jovetic were banging 15-20 goals between them before injury?? I agree, you don't drop a guy after a few bad games but its pretty clear if his performance doesn't improve Bony (if signed) will be the 1st off the bench before Dzeko....and when that happens...Pelle will not be thinking of Dzeko's goals in past seasons as Pelle knows his job is on the line now....

Do we have goalscoring problem ?
Is Bony the player who will give us more chances to win Barca ?Because i prefer to spend the money for this kind of player

uwe_returns said:
KnaresboroughBlue said:
uwe_returns said:
Spot on. Same people raving about Bony now will be the first to moan when he fluffs a chance.

Whereas you've been moaning about him before he's even signed let alone fluffed a chance.

I'm not moaning. I'm incredibly grateful for the amazing investment we've enjoyed since 2008 and proud of how the club has developed and grown. It's been a joy to watch and experience. FFP is, to my mind, an absolute disgraceful attempt by the established football cartel to protect their interests. In response I think we need to be hyper careful of how we spend money. Wilfried Bony is a decent player. He'll score goals no doubt about that. 30 million might not be ludicrously over the top. People can rightly say Ross McCormack was 10 mill etc but a huge number of clubs can now spend 10 mill on a player. A smaller but still significant number of clubs can spend 30 mill or so on a player. Spurs and Everton (soldado lukaku for example).

We are one of a select group of clubs that can spend 50 million plus if needs be on top top quality. My hope is that signing bony doesn't put that ability at risk.

Am I to understand from your last paragraph that you are unsure of the ability surrounding the owner and it’s directors of our club even though you state in your first paragraph that, our club has made great strides since 2008?

raymondkl92 said:
uwe rosler 28 said:
uwe_returns said:
Value is pretty important due to ffp. If we can't bid on a Reus or a Player of that calibre down the road because we've spunked dough on bony then it matters.

I'm not disputing bony is good. He just isn't good enough to justify that fee. Can find plenty of players that standard for a lot less. Strategically poor.

Name me a striker with 1 in 2 ratio in the toughest league in the world that you could sign in january for between 25-30 million?
Don't know how much Chelsea paid for Remy but their valuation should be just about the same
One major flaw in your suggestion there, is that he doesn't fill the only category necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.