Wilfried Bony

Status
Not open for further replies.
BlueByBlood said:
The Rags are going nuts over this. Pages and pages of discussion over the rumor . lol.
http://www.redcafe.net/threads/city-agree-£30m-fee-with-swansea-for-bony.399975/
Not all shite though, these are from the last page:

We paid about £30M for Herrera, stop overreacting.

and

Proven PL player and he'd be an upgrade on Dzeko and Jovetic. They've got money to burn and if he helps them beat Chelsea for the title surely his pricetag is warranted. After all, we dropped 24M on 29 year old RVP.

and

A lot of people slagging off the fee because its City but he is the top scorer for 2014 in the league. They now have both 1 & 2. You can't argue with those figures.

I think he'll score plenty. ..sadly

karen7 said:
kalouk said:
I know this is a thread about Bony and I apologize for my post not being about him. Just wanted to say that some of the posts about Dzeko are really twattish. I understand the excitement of a shiny new toy in Bony but why the need to dismiss or mock Dzeko. He has scored some very important goals for us. If you prefer Bony, fine but I don't see why the need to talk about Dzeko as some do.

Totally agree,people need to look again at where ed is on the lists of premier league scorers to remind themselves how good he is
Bony is a Negredo replacement,pellers has said so many times that he wants 4 strikers and he likes ed a lot,he is not going to get rid of him,it'll be back to 2 strikers when they are all fit

I would like to think that Edin will buckle down and try to compete. I don't think he will and he will go for around 18 to 20 m in the summer.

malg said:
BlueByBlood said:
The Rags are going nuts over this. Pages and pages of discussion over the rumor . lol.
http://www.redcafe.net/threads/city-agree-£30m-fee-with-swansea-for-bony.399975/
Not all shite though, these are from the last page:

We paid about £30M for Herrera, stop overreacting.

and

Proven PL player and he'd be an upgrade on Dzeko and Jovetic. They've got money to burn and if he helps them beat Chelsea for the title surely his pricetag is warranted. After all, we dropped 24M on 29 year old RVP.

and

A lot of people slagging off the fee because its City but he is the top scorer for 2014 in the league. They now have both 1 & 2. You can't argue with those figures.

I think he'll score plenty. ..sadly

Stick this sort of rubbish in the scum thread if you feel the need. I couldn't give a fook what asia think about our next signing.

I'm not too keen on buying players in January as it usually takes the rest of the season for them to get up to speed
(De Jong & Dzeko as examples) but with Bony being PL experienced already this shouldn't be a problem.

Bony, as others have said, should be viewed as Negredo's replacement, so how does he compare?
Well for £30m, not too bad at all. He is a fair bit younger than the Beast. When Valencia cough up the Beast's fee
we won't be too much out of pocket and the Beast barely contributed after his injury last January.

Is he Kun Aguero? Obviously not but for the money spent, as Tolmie said earlier, we may have just won our third title
in four years if this happens. Overall I'm in favour. Shame he's off to the ACON but he's not cup tied for either
the FA Cup or the CL when he gets back. With him we have a much better chance on competing on 3 fronts at
the business end of the season.

oasis-city-greek-fan said:
Pingu the Penguin said:
kalouk said:
I know this is a thread about Bony and I apologize for my post not being about him. Just wanted to say that some of the posts about Dzeko are really twattish. I understand the excitement of a shiny new toy in Bony but why the need to dismiss or mock Dzeko. He has scored some very important goals for us. If you prefer Bony, fine but I don't see why the need to talk about Dzeko as some do.

+1 to this.

Scored some really crucial goals for us (QPR), Notts County equalizer at start of FA cup winning run, vital goals in last year's run in, etc

Forgetting and understimating Dzekos contribution ( 5 titles) is more raggish than questioning Βony s transfer.

Spot on. Same people raving about Bony now will be the first to moan when he fluffs a chance.

uwe_returns said:
Seydou Doumbia would be cheaper. he hasn't got prem experience but he looked pretty good when he played us.

Luiz Adriano would be cheaper I'm sure.

If the fee for bony is low then that reduces the damage but he isn't elite which is what we should be aiming for imo.
Who says he isn't elite? Is it just down to the fact he plays for Swansea? Is he automatically not elite due to that fact? Lukaku did his scoring for Everton and West Brom, but was he only elite because he was on loan from Chelsea?

If Bony was putting up the numbers he does for Swansea at a team in another country where it was easier to make the Champions League (Portugal, Germany, Russia, etc.), would he be elite then? He's as good a striker as there is in the Premier League and he has a great scoring record in every other stop in his career. Pretty elite to me.

Doumbia is a handful but he is about 10 years older than his posted age. It's no surprise that he's retired from the Ivory Coast at the age of "27." Adriano is a good player but he scored almost all of his UCL goals against BATE so let's not go overboard and all of the sudden think he's "elite" or anything. Bony is a better long term buy than both of these players.

This is a fantastic signing for us as Bony will suit our game down to a tee his hold up play is made for Silva and Nasri and he brings so much more than goals with his strength and touch different class. Every team needs different options and Bony is very different to our other strikers in that respect, I don't think it signals the end for Dzeko and it might give him the impetus to finish the season like he did last year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.