Wilfried Bony

Status
Not open for further replies.
By all accounts Sky are reporting he is having his medical tomorrow? Now will that be at the Bridgewater Hospital or The Spire in Whalley Range or our all our medicals now going to undertaken at the CFA?

Essential signing if it happens I'll be happy as we all knew we were short at the start of the season and now we can do something about it.

The Telegraph is reporting we'll get £24m guaranteed for Negredo so even if it is £30m, it's a net outlay of only £6m.

Fantastic business for a proven PL striker. No wobbles on the FFP front. Job done. Well done City.

I had a scan on the Bony thread on RagCafe after it was posted on here earlier and this comment from a United fan summed it up nicely for me...

I can't believe we of all people are saying City overpaid. I think 30 million pound for Bony is extremely good bit of business for City. Its really cheap. He is a premiership proven striker who will get you 25 goals a season and with City's creativity around him, he could get more. He is 26 and got the best years ahead of him. Chelsea paid 50 million for Torres, we paid 37 million for weakling Juan Mata and are about to pay around 40 million for Falcao. On those grounds, 30 million for Bony is dirt cheap.

From what I've seen this season, Bony is without doubt the best striker available in this window. Yes he's scored a hatful of goals but in addition his linkup play is excellent, his touch is great and he's as strong as an ox. In addition even though he's not very tall, he's good in the air and has a great leap. My only concern is that we would lose him every year with ACON at the same time as Yaya, which means weakening the team at what is a very important stage of the season. Fortunately, we have other great players, and normally we'd expect to cope.

I think he'd be a top signing and the thought of him playing with Sergio & Silva is mouthwatering

oasis-city-greek-fan said:
Mancitybluemoon1 said:
oasis-city-greek-fan said:
So you questioning his 4 years contribution because οf some poor perfomances and and injury after a World Cup year ??? So easy ???
Everybody losses his form...everybody was poor in the start of this race...
Dropping him so easy seems lack of some sort of spirit.And you don t buy spirit with money.

Do you believe that we should had sell Yaya too ?

I agree....everyone has drop in form from time to time.....what has concerned me more than his lack of goals, is his lack of effort in some of the games before the injury.....Do you think City would be looking at Bony if Dzeko/Jovetic were banging 15-20 goals between them before injury?? I agree, you don't drop a guy after a few bad games but its pretty clear if his performance doesn't improve Bony (if signed) will be the 1st off the bench before Dzeko....and when that happens...Pelle will not be thinking of Dzeko's goals in past seasons as Pelle knows his job is on the line now....

Do we have goalscoring problem ?
Is Bony the player who will give us more chances to win Barca ?Because i prefer to spend the money for this kind of player

I really do understand the support for Dzeko....all I'm trying to say is that he's had a rough year and if he's not careful a guy like Bony could be taking his place on the team unless he improves......and he wont be able to use the argument...but I've scored many goals in the past for you!

lancs blue said:
Bruun said:
cleavers said:
Yes, because we name a new squad for the last 16, but we have the same restrictions, so somebody would have to be left out.

Not quite right, you name the same squad, but have the possibility to change up to three players.

Is it up to 3 changes though? The FFP sanction makes a vague mention of a restriction on introducing newly-transferred players into the CL squad.

I doubt that rule is changed, it's to avoid having long term injured players etc, it would be harsh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.