Wilfried Bony

Status
Not open for further replies.
tolmie's hairdoo said:
I see the Ivory Coast training camp is in Abu Dhabi this month.

I have been banging the drum for Bony for quite a few months and would be really excited to see what he could offer in a City shirt.

He's got all the tools and as a club, we could offer him the belief that takes him to the very top level.

Still believe this could be Dzeko's last season, along with Kolarov, despite signing recent renewals.

Perhaps City feel the need to advance certain transfer targets, although Bony and AFCON still doesn't make sense.

The perfect foil for Sergio, however.
Non of this will happen,unless whopping offers come in,therefore none will happen.As for £30 million for Bony,it's laughable.No where near the standard we should be looking at !

It does seem an underwhelming signing, and one that smacks of desperation, especially if we have to pay £30 million! Would we be even interested in him if we hadn't had the injuries to 3 strikers? It seems daft to fork out £30m just to cover injuries for a few weeks, especially as he's off to the AFCON for most of that time!

Jovetic is fit again (though for how long who knows!), and Dzeko & Kun not far behind, we've got this far without them and apart from Burnley we haven't actually missed them much. Better to sign a proper, absolute top quality striker in summer to replace either Dzeko or Jovetic. Maybe the thinking is he will replace one of them, but we're going for him early, who knows.

nmc said:
Rosler1985 said:
callumcity said:
Considering we paid £27 million for fucking Dzeko, I'd say its a good deal as Wilfried is 100 x the player Edin is.

Haha fucking do one.

I'm the biggest fan of Bony coming here, but what gives you the right to do Dzeko a fucking disservice you've just posted.

If it wasn't for Dzeko we'd have no league titles right now. His goals in 2012 and last season dragged us to those trophies.

27 million for the goals he has scored for us is a fucking snip, or maybe you'd fancy Lukaku for the same money instead?

This ^^^^^^^

I agree his goals helped us win the league that season but he's a different player this year...he's had injury issues and when he has been fit he's not been able to hit the target and looked slow, with poor effort.....I agree you cant give Dezko a disservice as he's had some game saving goals for us in the past but now he;s been handed a new contract extension he doesn't seem the same player.....If you look at his games this season, you'll see we have been a better team when he's not on the field and I agree that "going off this season performance" he would not be missed......Bony's first touch is better and he's as strong as Dezko when on the ball and most importantly, he's quicker and would put more pressure on a defensive...defenders know Dezko is never going to beat them with pace and this makes him easier to defend....2 league goals this season and we 20 games in.....this is poor and even if you take out the games he's been injured he's goal per minute this season is well below average.....I love the loyality bluemoon show to our players (that's how it should be!) but sometimes we got to look at the facts and a player like Bony would be a massive upgrade when you look at the 2014/15 season....

Mancitybluemoon1 said:
nmc said:
Rosler1985 said:
Haha fucking do one.

I'm the biggest fan of Bony coming here, but what gives you the right to do Dzeko a fucking disservice you've just posted.

If it wasn't for Dzeko we'd have no league titles right now. His goals in 2012 and last season dragged us to those trophies.

27 million for the goals he has scored for us is a fucking snip, or maybe you'd fancy Lukaku for the same money instead?

This ^^^^^^^

I agree his goals helped us win the league that season but he's a different player this year...he's had injury issues and when he has been fit he's not been able to hit the target and looked slow, with poor effort.....I agree you cant give Dezko a disservice as he's had some game saving goals for us in the past but now he;s been handed a new contract extension he doesn't seem the same player.....If you look at his games this season, you'll see we have been a better team when he's not on the field and I agree that "going off this season performance" he would not be missed......Bony's first touch is better and he's as strong as Dezko when on the ball and most importantly, he's quicker and would put more pressure on a defensive...defenders know Dezko is never going to beat them with pace and this makes him easier to defend....2 league goals this season and we 20 games in.....this is poor and even if you take out the games he's been injured he's goal per minute this season is well below average.....I love the loyality bluemoon show to our players (that's how it should be!) but sometimes we got to look at the facts and a player like Bony would be a massive upgrade when you look at the 2014/15 season....

Agree with all of that.

Jack Wills said:
It does seem an underwhelming signing, and one that smacks of desperation, especially if we have to pay £30 million! Would we be even interested in him if we hadn't had the injuries to 3 strikers? It seems daft to fork out £30m just to cover injuries for a few weeks, especially as he's off to the AFCON for most of that time!

Jovetic is fit again (though for how long who knows!), and Dzeko & Kun not far behind, we've got this far without them and apart from Burnley we haven't actually missed them much. Better to sign a proper, absolute top quality striker in summer to replace either Dzeko or Jovetic. Maybe the thinking is he will replace one of them, but we're going for him early, who knows.

who would you suggest?

higuain - he is shit. Doesn't link with Kun, was shit for Madrid, is shit for napoli, and is more frustrating than dzeko

Cavani - overated and massive wages. People might go on about how he doesn't get to play central but with injuries to ibra he has plenty of chances but didn't score as a well as expected.

Lewandowski - Bayern not letting him go, he probably wont cone in anycass. Why would he want to leave?

Benzema - Real would be daft to let him go.

Which other front man comes close? As far as i am concerned I think the current system is good, with 1 up top meaning we only need 3 strikers. However, i think we can improve upon dzeko, he doesn't seem hungry this season and we can do with a powerful striker / target man in negredos mould. But it can wait till summer

Swansea won't sell cheap and they know we're desperate for a striker,we should be looking at trying to off load a couple of surplus to requirements as part of a cash deal

simon31goat said:
Swansea won't sell cheap and they know we're desperate for a striker,we should be looking at trying to off load a couple of surplus to requirements as part of a cash deal

It might well be that Sinclair plays a part in any deal what with old club etc, and they loved him there I think! No I'll correct that! I hope

Jack Wills said:

Have to agree!

Why pay £30million now for a striker who would be going to AFCON? Doesn't make sense to me.

Might as well wait until the summer when his price doesn't include the January inflated mark up and then get him for more of a true and realistic value.

I'd much rather us try for Pogba, to replace the void going to left with Yaya also going to the AFCON.

Ticks all the right boxes for me and people forget that he is still only 26.

I think we sometimes have an inferiority complex that demands that we only sign players who are considered 'world class'.

Would Bony score goals a hatful of goals for us? Yes, I think he would and could be the perfect foil for Aguero going forward.

Yes the ACON is a blow, but with Jovetic fit again (although for how long) and Aguero getting there, I think we could cope without him for six weeks.

We've got to look at the bigger picture and if he is available now and we have the funds available then take the plunge.

bluechampion7891 said:
Jack Wills said:

who would you suggest?

higuain - he is shit. Doesn't link with Kun, was shit for Madrid, is shit for napoli, and is more frustrating than dzeko

Cavani - overated and massive wages. People might go on about how he doesn't get to play central but with injuries to ibra he has plenty of chances but didn't score as a well as expected.

Lewandowski - Bayern not letting him go, he probably wont cone in anycass. Why would he want to leave?

Benzema - Real would be daft to let him go.

Which other front man comes close? As far as i am concerned I think the current system is good, with 1 up top meaning we only need 3 strikers. However, i think we can improve upon dzeko, he doesn't seem hungry this season and we can do with a powerful striker / target man in negredos mould. But it can wait till summer

If we're just looking for short term injury cover I'd go for Defoe; proven goalscorer and would be relatively cheap, not going to be away at AFCON and seems keen to come back to England.

Then in summer decide whether we want to replace one of Jovetic or Dzeko with someone better than either of them, or stick with the strikers we have and focus on strengthening the team elsewhere with Pogba or Reus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.