Wilfried Bony

Status
Not open for further replies.
Craggers said:
Jack Wills said:
It does seem an underwhelming signing, and one that smacks of desperation, especially if we have to pay £30 million! Would we be even interested in him if we hadn't had the injuries to 3 strikers? It seems daft to fork out £30m just to cover injuries for a few weeks, especially as he's off to the AFCON for most of that time!

Have to agree!

Why pay £30million now for a striker who would be going to AFCON? Doesn't make sense to me.

Might as well wait until the summer when his price doesn't include the January inflated mark up and then get him for more of a true and realistic value.

I'd much rather us try for Pogba, to replace the void going to left with Yaya also going to the AFCON.

You seriously think his price is going to go down between now and the summer?

He continues to perform and score at his current rate and you can add another £10m to the asking price when clubs awash with new TV money can come to the table.

Even Everton spent £28m on Lukaku.

Bony is a major upgrade on him.

Liverpool didn't think Bony was worth the £20m asking price and got Balotelli instead. Something tells me they regret that one.

We will not get the likes of Pogba in this transfer window and midfield isn't a position that doesn't require immediate attention. The only snags I can see signing Bony is time and if Swansea off load Gomis (who was probably brought in as Bony's replacement in the summer when he was stalling on signing a new deal and had release clause in his old contract) instead.

bluechampion7891 said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Thenumber1blue said:
Non of this will happen,unless whopping offers come in,therefore none will happen.As for £30 million for Bony,it's laughable.No where near the standard we should be looking at !

And what standard is that?

One where a player has managed to score more goals than Aguero in the last 12 months?

Perhaps Costa, Suarez, Ronaldo, Ibrahimovic, Lewandowski?

Oh, wait a minute...

Just because you can't date Scarlett Johansson doesn't mean you should knock back Jennifer Lawrence.

Bony fits our team and requirements like a glove. Aguero needs a foil, he also needs someone who is happy to play second fiddle.

I would suggest people take another look at Bony's goal against QPR, yesterday, which was perfect in technique, very reminiscent of Lewandowski's for Dortmund against Madrid in the Champs League semi-final a couple of seasons ago.

The Afcon argument is a valid one, but so is the one which is that Bony will have his pick of £25m/£30m suitors this summer.

We will miss the boat for someone who is only 26 and can win us the league this season. We have an advantage over our main rivals in this January window, in terms of being able to spend and others not needing a striker.

honest question, do we? b/c the club report that is being referenced makes a net spend of 38 M

Even my basic grasp of maths believes we have a surplus of £12.5m to spend from the summer restrictions.

Celtic and City have agreed a £3m fee for Guidetti and I believe a sale of Nastasic to Schalke will be closer to £10m.

That has us with about £25m to spend - without factoring in Sinclair as a makeweight or sale elsewhere.

The numbers are tight but there is money to spend.

People might recall Pellegrini insisting last January we were not in the market.

We had a private plane on the tarmac in Portugal waiting to bring over Fernando and Mangala on transfer deadline day.

City will keep their powder dry and if they can make Bony happen, they will.

City can actually use the financial restrictions to our advantage. Clubs know we are restricted and can't take the piss.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
bluechampion7891 said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

One where a player has managed to score more goals than Aguero in the last 12 months?

Oh, wait a minute...

Just because you can't date Scarlett Johansson doesn't mean you should knock back Jennifer Lawrence.

Bony fits our team and requirements like a glove. Aguero needs a foil, he also needs someone who is happy to play second fiddle.

I would suggest people take another look at Bony's goal against QPR, yesterday, which was perfect in technique, very reminiscent of Lewandowski's for Dortmund against Madrid in the Champs League semi-final a couple of seasons ago.

The Afcon argument is a valid one, but so is the one which is that Bony will have his pick of £25m/£30m suitors this summer.

We will miss the boat for someone who is only 26 and can win us the league this season. We have an advantage over our main rivals in this January window, in terms of being able to spend and others not needing a striker.

honest question, do we? b/c the club report that is being referenced makes a net spend of 38 M

Even my basic grasp of maths believes we have a surplus of £12.5m to spend from the summer restrictions.

Celtic and City have agreed a £3m fee for Guidetti and I believe a sale of Nastasic to Schalke will be closer to £10m.

That has us with about £25m to spend - without factoring in Sinclair as a makeweight or sale elsewhere.

People might recall Pellegrini insisting last January we were not in the market.

We had a private plane on the tarmac in Portugal waiting to bring over Fernando and Mangala on transfer deadline day.

City can actually use the financial restrictions to our advantage. Clubs know we are restricted and can't take the piss.

This would be the part where your Barcelona/Real Madrid/Bayern Munichs would have a word in Bony's ear that he needs to be threatening a transfer request to have our offer of 25m accepted, market rate or not.

richards30 said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Thenumber1blue said:
Non of this will happen,unless whopping offers come in,therefore none will happen.As for £30 million for Bony,it's laughable.No where near the standard we should be looking at !

Oh, wait a minute...

But are we actually going for him tolm or is it just paper chat?

It's a bit of both.

There is a watching brief from City that Swansea are aware of. Swansea have been briefing their local pack to that extent.

I don't see any serious deal getting done unless Nastasic moves on permanently this month.

It should go without saying, Bony does not need any convincing.

I do think we have a decent chance if a couple of things fall into place.

adrianr said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
bluechampion7891 said:

This would be the part where your Barcelona/Real Madrid/Bayern Munichs would have a word in Bony's ear that he needs to be threatening a transfer request to have our offer of 25m accepted, market rate or not.

Which is easier to do if you are away with your national squad.

Regardless, he recently signed a new deal, perhaps he did that in the knowledge a potential exit would be made simpler?

Barca have a transfer ban.

As for Bayern and Madrid, they are doing plenty okay for strikers.

Arsenal, Liverpool - Chelsea in the summer - these are the only clubs who could leverage a hang on for us policy.

£10m for Nastasic and £3m for guidetti are good deals and if we can get £3m for sinclair or use him in the bony deal then it may be a goer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.