Wilfried Bony

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thenumber1blue said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Thenumber1blue said:
Non of this will happen,unless whopping offers come in,therefore none will happen.As for £30 million for Bony,it's laughable.No where near the standard we should be looking at !

And what standard is that?

One where a player has managed to score more goals than Aguero in the last 12 months?

Perhaps Costa, Suarez, Ronaldo, Ibrahimovic, Lewandowski?

Oh, wait a minute...

Just because you can't date Scarlett Johansson doesn't mean you should knock back Jennifer Lawrence.

Bony fits our team and requirements like a glove. Aguero needs a foil, he also needs someone who is happy to play second fiddle.

I would suggest people take another look at Bony's goal against QPR, yesterday, which was perfect in technique, very reminiscent of Lewandowski's for Dortmund against Madrid in the Champs League semi-final a couple of seasons ago.

The Afcon argument is a valid one, but so is the one which is that Bony will have his pick of £25m/£30m suitors this summer.

We will miss the boat for someone who is only 26 and can win us the league this season. We have an advantage over our main rivals in this January window, in terms of being able to spend and others not needing a striker.
The standard where we are one of the best teams in the world nowadays,in which he comes nowhere near,that standard !

Bony is an absolute beast of a player who makes Negredo look like a teddy bear. Extremely strong with an excellent first touch and a fantastic eye for goal. I don't know what those of you who don't rate him have been watching, but this lad would bring something extra to the table without a shadow of a doubt.

It's the classic transfer forum muppetry

If he doesn't come from one of the 'elite' clubs he's not a good player

Absolute shite

Bony would be immense for us..he's a better Negredo..and look how well the beast partnered Kun

tolmie's hairdoo said:
richards30 said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
And what standard is that?

One where a player has managed to score more goals than Aguero in the last 12 months?

Perhaps Costa, Suarez, Ronaldo, Ibrahimovic, Lewandowski?

Oh, wait a minute...

Just because you can't date Scarlett Johansson doesn't mean you should knock back Jennifer Lawrence.

Bony fits our team and requirements like a glove. Aguero needs a foil, he also needs someone who is happy to play second fiddle.

I would suggest people take another look at Bony's goal against QPR, yesterday, which was perfect in technique, very reminiscent of Lewandowski's for Dortmund against Madrid in the Champs League semi-final a couple of seasons ago.

The Afcon argument is a valid one, but so is the one which is that Bony will have his pick of £25m/£30m suitors this summer.

We will miss the boat for someone who is only 26 and can win us the league this season. We have an advantage over our main rivals in this January window, in terms of being able to spend and others not needing a striker.

But are we actually going for him tolm or is it just paper chat?

It's a bit of both.

There is a watching brief from City that Swansea are aware of. Swansea have been briefing their local pack to that extent.

I don't see any serious deal getting done unless Nastasic moves on permanently this month.

It should go without saying, Bony does not need any convincing.

I do think we have a decent chance if a couple of things fall into place.
Which they usually don't on the tight ones unfortunately.

IanBishopsHaircut said:
It's the classic transfer forum muppetry

If he doesn't come from one of the 'elite' clubs he's not a good player

Absolute shite

Bony would be immense for us..he's a better Negredo..and look how well the beast partnered Kun

IMO he is one of the best in the Prem and would be even better in our team..

I don't see the point in signing him. We need a signing that will excite all us City fans, I don't think Bony is at the level we should be looking at. Albeit being a good player, his goals to games ratio isn't very good, and he's the main man at Swansea, he might not be as good if he had to play second best to aguero!

Bony is excellent player of that there's no doubt. 30 million For him is money we don't need to spend in my opinion. Bring guidetti back from his loan. Let the boy fucking play. Let him learn his trade. He scores goals ffs. We need to stop fucking off young players because they are not ready made world beaters. Bony was unheard of. Played great for Swansea now he is class. Harry kane, Charlie Austin, Rodriguez at Southampton to name a few. Give our own the chance to flourish and they will come good. Sturridge another one. Ffs city. Its right under our noses. And we keep giving them away.

Wilfired Bony seems like a Liverpool or Tottenham signing, not the signing of the Premier League champions.

McfcMK said:
Wilfired Bony seems like a Liverpool or Tottenham signing, not the signing of the Premier League champions.

You could make comparisons to Demba Ba. His goals per game rate looks almost the same as Ba's before Ba moved from Newcastle to Chelsea. Bony seems physically stronger though.

Sometimes it works (great looking striker moving from smaller club to bigger club), sometimes it does. Mandzukic to Bayern is an example of it working, Ba to Chelsea is an example of it not working.

LoveCity said:
McfcMK said:

You could make comparisons to Demba Ba. His goals per game rate looks almost the same as Ba's before Ba moved from Newcastle to Chelsea. Bony seems physically stronger though.

Sometimes it works (great looking striker moving from smaller club to bigger club), sometimes it does. Mandzukic to Bayern is an example of it working, Ba to Chelsea is an example of it not working.

An unfair comparison though, given that Torres wasn't picked ahead of him based on form.

Plus he did score a title winning goal ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.