Wilfried Bony

Status
Not open for further replies.
andersmcfcdk said:
One thing is for sure, we need to get rid of Sinclair and Nastasic, before we can make a bid.

Unless we take Bony on a £10m loan and Swansea get the balance and their full asking in the summer?

United did this to avoid FFP on Falcao.

Valencia did it with Negredo.

Of course, there would be a huge outcry if we attempted something similar.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
richards30 said:
Maybe £25m and sinclair back?

Perhaps, but don't see it.

Sinclair's girlfriend is pregnant.

Swansea is not somewhere they both need to be in terms of work.

So sinclair may fancy the trip to London then tolm? Qpr or palace i believe are interested?

richards30 said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
richards30 said:
Maybe £25m and sinclair back?

Perhaps, but don't see it.

Sinclair's girlfriend is pregnant.

Swansea is not somewhere they both need to be in terms of work.

So sinclair may fancy the trip to London then tolm? Qpr or palace i believe are interested?

He might like them but...

Seems a bit wierd going in for bony(if we do),possibly wouldn't be available till Stoke away(if he played in ACON final),could get an injury at ACON,plus if he plays tomorrow,he'll be cup tied.

Other than him issing in Jan I see only pluses for this transfer.

He is only 26 quickish , strong and has a goal scoring record already in the prem for a team that likes to pass it around.

What is to say when Aguero and dzeko come back they don't get injured again. It would give Bony the rest of the season to bed in and allow us to make plans for Dxeko's release in summer if we wanted.

For all those people saying he isn't good enough - if he had scored his goals in the Bundersliga or Spain you'd be crying out for him. Sometimes what you need is already playing on your doorstep.

I for one think he would be a great signing

I just hope if we do sign a striker we don't revert back completely to our 4-4-2 system. Need to make that clear to any potential signing.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
andersmcfcdk said:
One thing is for sure, we need to get rid of Sinclair and Nastasic, before we can make a bid.

Unless we take Bony on a £10m loan and Swansea get the balance and their full asking in the summer?

United did this to avoid FFP on Falcao.

Valencia did it with Negredo.

Of course, there would be a huge outcry if we attempted something similar.

true.

it would be portrayed that both were injured or recovering from injuries, so it wasn't done for FFP (although it was, and in the rags case we could glean it by how much they spend in Jan)

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Thenumber1blue said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
I see the Ivory Coast training camp is in Abu Dhabi this month.

I have been banging the drum for Bony for quite a few months and would be really excited to see what he could offer in a City shirt.

He's got all the tools and as a club, we could offer him the belief that takes him to the very top level.

Still believe this could be Dzeko's last season, along with Kolarov, despite signing recent renewals.

Perhaps City feel the need to advance certain transfer targets, although Bony and AFCON still doesn't make sense.

The perfect foil for Sergio, however.
Non of this will happen,unless whopping offers come in,therefore none will happen.As for £30 million for Bony,it's laughable.No where near the standard we should be looking at !

And what standard is that?

One where a player has managed to score more goals than Aguero in the last 12 months?

Perhaps Costa, Suarez, Ronaldo, Ibrahimovic, Lewandowski?

Oh, wait a minute...

Just because you can't date Scarlett Johansson doesn't mean you should knock back Jennifer Lawrence.

Bony fits our team and requirements like a glove. Aguero needs a foil, he also needs someone who is happy to play second fiddle.

I would suggest people take another look at Bony's goal against QPR, yesterday, which was perfect in technique, very reminiscent of Lewandowski's for Dortmund against Madrid in the Champs League semi-final a couple of seasons ago.

The Afcon argument is a valid one, but so is the one which is that Bony will have his pick of £25m/£30m suitors this summer.

We will miss the boat for someone who is only 26 and can win us the league this season. We have an advantage over our main rivals in this January window, in terms of being able to spend and others not needing a striker.

I'm confused Tolmie - I thought we only had about £11-£12m to spend. Unless we have got a sale or two for decent money lined up.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Thenumber1blue said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
I see the Ivory Coast training camp is in Abu Dhabi this month.

I have been banging the drum for Bony for quite a few months and would be really excited to see what he could offer in a City shirt.

He's got all the tools and as a club, we could offer him the belief that takes him to the very top level.

Still believe this could be Dzeko's last season, along with Kolarov, despite signing recent renewals.

Perhaps City feel the need to advance certain transfer targets, although Bony and AFCON still doesn't make sense.

The perfect foil for Sergio, however.
Non of this will happen,unless whopping offers come in,therefore none will happen.As for £30 million for Bony,it's laughable.No where near the standard we should be looking at !

And what standard is that?

One where a player has managed to score more goals than Aguero in the last 12 months?

Perhaps Costa, Suarez, Ronaldo, Ibrahimovic, Lewandowski?

Oh, wait a minute...

Just because you can't date Scarlett Johansson doesn't mean you should knock back Jennifer Lawrence.

Bony fits our team and requirements like a glove. Aguero needs a foil, he also needs someone who is happy to play second fiddle.

I would suggest people take another look at Bony's goal against QPR, yesterday, which was perfect in technique, very reminiscent of Lewandowski's for Dortmund against Madrid in the Champs League semi-final a couple of seasons ago.

The Afcon argument is a valid one, but so is the one which is that Bony will have his pick of £25m/£30m suitors this summer.

We will miss the boat for someone who is only 26 and can win us the league this season. We have an advantage over our main rivals in this January window, in terms of being able to spend and others not needing a striker.
The standard where we are one of the best teams in the world nowadays,in which he comes nowhere near,that standard !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.