Wilfried Bony

Status
Not open for further replies.
uwe rosler 28 said:
aguerooo93 said:
Why are we going to spend 25-30m on someone who wouldn't even make our first team? I struggle to see any rationale for this transfer especially as he can't be a panic buy to address our current injury problem at top (since he'll return from the Africa Cup of Nations after all our strikers are back from injury). He'd be surplus to requirements and won't add anything to the team - even if we sell Dzeko in the summer to make way for him it would still be a strange transfer.

He'll be first choice partner for aguero!

We've played a lot better without two strikers with Silva excelling in the no. 10 role and a five-man midfield dominating the middle of the pitch. Going backwards and playing 4-4-2 (or 4-2-2-2) won't work at the top level as we've seen in the CL in the past couple of years. Now Jovetic and Dzeko will get even fewer first-team opportunities (and likely one will be left off the CL squad) resulting in less confidence and success for them and possibly lower team morale. This is an impulsive buy and an inflated January price - we really didn't need anyone as we've even won 13/15 points in our games without strikers and scored loads of goals.

Damien10 said:
Over priced and over rated.
That's Falcao mate, how can the prems top scorer over the year be anything but good. Still think he's not ideally suited to our movement, but he's exciting.

Asad said:
If we get him, will he be able to play in the Champions League because my brother was saying that he can't I don't know why? Can someone clear this up for me?
We would have to drop someone if Bony plays in CL. only 16 foreigners allowed for us this season.

Exercising faith in my betters on this one.

Fantastic striker, thrilled to have him, but I'd love to know for certain that this doesn't compromise our ability to cover our needs at CM in the process. I don't think there was an availability at CM in this transfer window, so surviving the next six weeks doesn't seem affected... but our financial hands are obviously a little tied, and I'm gunshy about spending huge sums for a striker who will start with us in February if it means we're in a weaker position for someone like Koke in the summer.

But again, trust in my betters.

pavelsrnicek said:
Two interesting things if this does happen:

1. We aren't signing him as a short term fix as he will miss too many matches for this to be a panic buy.
2. He will have to take someone's spot in the Champions League squad.

Pure wild speculation what about Kolarov off to Italy (probably on a loan to buy with Inter) and Kurzawa in, who's cup tied in the Champions League...

It sounds plausible but I am a little hesitant in us signing Kurzawa as is still injured.

MeatHunterrr said:
Asad said:
If we get him, will he be able to play in the Champions League because my brother was saying that he can't I don't know why? Can someone clear this up for me?
We would have to drop someone if Bony plays in CL. only 16 foreigners allowed for us this season.
Thanks

Uninspiring purchase if it goes ahead not sure he is the sort of player that would demand a place in the top ten teams in Europe.

Would put him as a desperation buy in the league of Jo. More worrying if we are so desperate to sign this lump there must be something more serious with Sergio.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.