Wilfried Bony

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bluephil suggest you check Bony's scoring record.

Whetehr he's as good as Dzeko and Aguero I don't know, but we need fit players to win titles, and signing Bony would put us in contention to win the League and the FA Cup

It would be just about the only realistic signing that would significantly strengthen us.

Can we afford it though? Would have to be carefully structured

@BluePhil8 said:
blue ranger said:
Makes me laugh when I read people saying he isn't good enough. He is a fantastic player with his back to goal and will be an ideal foil for Aguero. It's fair to say Aguero and Dzeko have never struck up a good partnership.

It's almost as if txiki can't win with some people - maybe these were the ones 18 months ago saying we should go balls deep for Soldado and what a success he turned out to be.

So for me £30m (and I doubt it will be that much) will be a fair fee for a proven goal scorer at premier league level.
It's fair to say Begiristain's record in tge market is fair to poor.

Wasted money on Willy who looks worse than Pantilimon. Sagna doesn't look impressive at all. Mangala looks about as intelligent as Boyata. Negredo was amazing so we sell him after a year. Navas hot and cold. Fernandinho good but £34m at 28. Fernando all right.

Look at some of the rubbish he signed at Barcelona as well. Wasted £30m on Chygronschy or whatever that shit centre back was called. Signed loads of nobody's from brazil for like £20million a guy called herreroson or some shit and he never played a single game for them.
We don't win the league last season without Fernandinho and I don't think that's a bold statement.

Bony can do the same this season, if the club want to spend x amount of money on him then they'll do so.

aguerooo93 said:
Why are we going to spend 25-30m on someone who wouldn't even make our first team? I struggle to see any rationale for this transfer especially as he can't be a panic buy to address our current injury problem at top (since he'll return from the Africa Cup of Nations after all our strikers are back from injury). He'd be surplus to requirements and won't add anything to the team - even if we sell Dzeko in the summer to make way for him it would still be a strange transfer.

Sniff fucking sniff !!!

Wilfried Bony: Man City in advanced talks with Swansea
By Owen Rawlings
BBC Wales Sport Manchester City are in advanced talks with Swansea City over signing Wilfried Bony, BBC Wales Sport has learned.

It is thought that it would take more than £30m to prise the Ivory Coast striker, 26, from the Liberty Stadium.

Swansea manager Garry Monk has said it will take an "astronomical" fee to secure Bony in the January transfer window.

He was the Premier League's top scorer in the calendar year of 2014 with 20 goals.

He joined Swansea for a club-record £12m from Vitesse Arnhem in 2013.

Bony is on African Cup of Nations duty with the Ivory Coast for at least the next three weeks, and any deal would likely be concluded after his return.

Arsenal, Liverpool and Tottenham were all reported to be interested, but Premier League champions City have made the first move to bolster their attacking options.

The Sky Blues were without injured strikers Sergio Aguero and Edin Dzeko for the festive period and manager Manuel Pellegrini is keen to add further depth to his squad.

The fee being discussed would break the Welsh record transfer of £15m that Liverpool paid Swansea for midfielder Joe Allen in August 2012

Total waste of money, if the £30M being quoted is correct. They would be better buying someone from Europe for a third of the price.

@BluePhil8 said:
blue ranger said:
Makes me laugh when I read people saying he isn't good enough. He is a fantastic player with his back to goal and will be an ideal foil for Aguero. It's fair to say Aguero and Dzeko have never struck up a good partnership.

It's almost as if txiki can't win with some people - maybe these were the ones 18 months ago saying we should go balls deep for Soldado and what a success he turned out to be.

So for me £30m (and I doubt it will be that much) will be a fair fee for a proven goal scorer at premier league level.

Wasted money on Willy who looks worse than Pantilimon. Sagna doesn't look impressive at all. Mangala looks about as intelligent as Boyata. Negredo was amazing so we sell him after a year. Navas hot and cold. Fernandinho good but £34m at 28. Fernando all right.

Look at some of the rubbish he signed at Barcelona as well. Wasted £30m on Chygronschy or whatever that shit centre back was called. Signed loads of nobody's from brazil for like £20million a guy called herreroson or some shit and he never played a single game for them.

Who do you want us to sign then? Bony at 30 million is a fair price in the current market. Not a lot of players come available in January and with the striker crisis we've had this season, can you blame us for signing another one? It's a quality signing for us if it goes through.

fee being reported by the Guardian - jamie jackson is 25 M pounds

look like the deal will be done fairly soon -

Ivory Coast forward could move to Manchester in £25m deal

Manchester City are in advanced discussions to sign Wilfried Bony from Swansea City in a deal worth around £25m, with Manuel Pellegrini seeking to strengthen his goalscoring options.

Bony is due to join up with the Ivory Coast for the Africa Cup of Nations, meaning he may be unavailable until the middle of next month, but Pellegrini has moved due to having only three front-line strikers in Sergio Agüero, Edin Dzeko and Stevan Jovetic.

While Agüero and Dzeko are currently injured, Jovetic has failed to impress recently, with the manager forced to field James Milner as a false No9 for some games.

Pellegrini has decided that after drawing level with Chelsea in the title race and having Barcelona in the last-16 of the Champions League there is a need to bolster his forwards for City to have the best chance of a successful season.

@BluePhil8 said:
blue ranger said:

Our purchases are not down to one man. I'm sure Pellegrini had far more to do with selecting Willy as a target than Txiki did and although he has had some poor moments, I believe that he is a decent back-up to Joe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.