Will Blues Really Boycott The Bayern Game?

Can someone tell me why we are boycotting this match ?

Lets accept the Ref was bent and he saw his chance after 2 minutes to give the free kick for hand ball. It wasn't Platini or the ref that left their forward unmarked for a free header it was Toure.

If the ref was bent did he have a quiet word with Cliche to help him out ? because he was the one supplying the superb crossfield pass for their second.

If the ref was bent why did Toure (again) man handle the CSKA player to the ground putting his hands very close to his face. A straight sending off whether you are bent or not. Pelligrini got his tactics all wrong (again) and too many players failed to put any effort in.

Our poor performance had nothing to do with corrupt officials or UEFA.

Blue Mist said:

Lets accept the Ref was bent and he saw his chance after 2 minutes to give the free kick for hand ball. It wasn't Platini or the ref that left their forward unmarked for a free header it was Toure.

If the ref was bent did he have a quiet word with Cliche to help him ? out because he was the one supplying the superb crossfield pass for their second.

If the ref was bent why did Toure (again) man handle the CSKA player to the ground putting his hands very close to his face. A straight sending off whether you are bent or not. Pelligrini got his tactics all wrong (again) and too many players failed to put any effort in.

The referees are still absolutely wank though!

Gray said:
Blue Mist said:

If the ref was bent did he have a quiet word with Cliche to help him ? out because he was the one supplying the superb crossfield pass for their second.

The referees are still absolutely wank though!

Yes they are, I agree, apparently it was only his second Chaps league match but shit happens. Other teams have stupid incorrect decisions given against them but just get on with it.

Boycotting a match just feeds into the hands of the press, stupid idea making us look small.

I've got my ticket only because I'm in the scheme or I probably wouldn't attend, didn't go it see last nights game due to work but sounds like I didn't miss anything. I think to boycott it would be a mistake and the owners may see it a different way, I'm not saying they are pulling out etc but let's say they may not put as much effort in as they could if they see an empty stadium. However I don't think it bodes well for next season I'm not joining CL scheme and it sounds like there's a hell of a lot doing the same, with that new tier prices will either have to drop or it could be very embarrassing for the club.

I'm more inclined to go against the grain and go to show that whatever they do it wont affect us as a club or as fans and we will keep going until they finally accept us into their click.

I think more people wont go for the simple reason we are fucking crap in this competition.

From an attracting new fans to the ground point of view that last two Wednesdays have been a fucking disaster. Cheap tickets does work as proven last night and in the Capital One cup.

There were loads of excited fans there last night with their kids and the club put on a great firework display for them and bent over backwards to show what a good experience coming to watch us is.

The players and manager on the other hand just bent over backwards......

Blue Mist said:

If you think the call for a boycott is because of last night, you are missing the point. City fans have realised that there is nothing special about the Champions League. It is as dull and predictable as fuck. The only benefit I can see is the prize money but the bent fuckers took that back off us too.

The first champions league game we played I stood there with the hairs on the back of my neck stood up thinking this is great. Its not. It's all fur coat and no knickers.

The dissatisfaction is with the way the competition is set out. It's geared towards the cartel, the clique, the 'Establishment'. We've turned up at a party that the host doesn't want us to be at and trying to find all kinds of excuses to see us out.

The competition just leaves me completely cold. I was gutted when we lost to Newcastle last week in the league cup but yesterday I had as much enthusiasm for the game as if I was going to visit a terminally ill distant relative. I usually wake up on match day buzzing but not for this competition.

No more following the UEFA sheep for me. I'm out.

I supported City when every game was shit because I'm a non-conformist contrarian. So I'll be at the Bayern match with my son supporting the team.

Shit as the CL league is, we are largely the architects of our own misfortune and showing a distinct lack of bollocks. The next two games are opportunities without pressure to show we can play a bit and salvage some pride, at the same time having a say on who qualifies from our group. My suspicion is that those who are "boycotting" the match simply can't be arsed going. I can understand that given the likely outcome and the faffing with work etc that goes round attending midweek matches, but at least be honest about it.

Sheriff Fatman said:
Blue Mist said:

If you think the call for a boycott is because of last night, you are missing the point. City fans have realised that there is nothing special about the Champions League. It is as dull and predictable as fuck. The only benefit I can see is the prize money but the bent fuckers took that back off us too.

The first champions league game we played I stood there with the hairs on the back of my neck stood up thinking this is great. Its not. It's all fur coat and no knickers.

The dissatisfaction is with the way the competition is set out. It's geared towards the cartel, the clique, the 'Establishment'. We've turned up at a party that the host doesn't want us to be at and trying to find all kinds of excuses to see us out.

The competition just leaves me completely cold. I was gutted when we lost to Newcastle last week in the league cup but yesterday I had as much enthusiasm for the game as if I was going to visit a terminally ill distant relative. I usually wake up on match day buzzing but not for this competition.

No more following the UEFA sheep for me. I'm out.

The call for a boycott, (according to the OP) started last night. I have no problem with Blues sacking it off next season especially for cost reasons but to say that we should boycott Bayern because last nights referee was corrupt and acting on Platini's orders is just daft.

Don't think a boycott would do any good. Hope the champions league anthem continues to get booed, and "champions league is f**king bent" continues to get sung though.

Can't blame anyone that simply can't be arsed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.