Will Blues Really Boycott The Bayern Game?

BlueKolarovWorker said:
Brilliant!!.

As far as I'm aware it wasn't UEFA who told Toure not to mark his man at the free kick or made Clichy follow up one of his best games with one of his worst. We played like shite and have played liked shite in pretty much every game in the champions league. End of.

We create dozens and dozens of threads about this player and that player not giving a shit or not trying or giving up completely, then what do we do? Take our fucking ball home and say we don't want to play by these rules. If we don't like the players giving in, we shouldn't either.

If we were any bleeding good in this competition and managed to get to the final, no one would give a flying fuck about "corruption", we'd all be there, so man up and support the team when they need it.

It would be a case of succeeding DESPITE the endemic corruption in the game. The corruption is there for all to see. FICKFUFA, when they asked for bids require a technical manual to be lodged with them. I saw the England one, about three inches thick. I presume the Qatari one was written on the back of a camels bollock. The WC is awarded to a country and then we find that that country has certain fundamental obstacles to the playing of a tournament, so FICKFUFA and the snake Blatter set about altering the basic elements upon which ALL the bids were originally made. European leagues are fucked over, but, hey, we have some substantial bank accounts bloated even further.

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
BlueKolarovWorker said:
Brilliant!!.

As far as I'm aware it wasn't UEFA who told Toure not to mark his man at the free kick or made Clichy follow up one of his best games with one of his worst. We played like shite and have played liked shite in pretty much every game in the champions league. End of.

We create dozens and dozens of threads about this player and that player not giving a shit or not trying or giving up completely, then what do we do? Take our fucking ball home and say we don't want to play by these rules. If we don't like the players giving in, we shouldn't either.

If we were any bleeding good in this competition and managed to get to the final, no one would give a flying fuck about "corruption", we'd all be there, so man up and support the team when they need it.

It would be a case of succeeding DESPITE the endemic corruption in the game. The corruption is there for all to see. FICKFUFA, when they asked for bids require a technical manual to be lodged with them. I saw the England one, about three inches thick. I presume the Qatari one was written on the back of a camels bollock. The WC is awarded to a country and then we find that that country has certain fundamental obstacles to the playing of a tournament, so FICKFUFA and the snake Blatter set about altering the basic elements upon which ALL the bids were originally made. European leagues are fucked over, but, hey, we have some substantial bank accounts bloated even further.
Absolutely spot on.

Blue Mist said:
Exeter Blue I am here said:
Blue Mist said:
Yes they are, I agree, apparently it was only his second Chaps league match but shit happens. Other teams have stupid incorrect decisions given against them but just get on with it.

Boycotting a match just feeds into the hands of the press, stupid idea making us look small.

The difference is that those "other teams" might be the victims of duff decisions maybe 1 match in 6. With us it's every single game in Europe.

So, just to be clear, are you saying the officials have been told to be corrupt by Platini and his gang ?

Truly baffles me why some think the very notion that a corrupt-to-the-core organisation such as UEFA could be....corrupt.

It wouldn't be as straightforward as Platini 'telling' officials to cheat. The slimy Napoleon fuck isn't that dumb. Moreover it's extremely doubtful Platini would be directly involved at all save for making his thoughts known here and there in the right company.

Think of it like a poker game. Eight players and one is the all-powerful alpha-male (UEFA).

The alpha-male makes it clear to six of the players that one is unpopular and not wanted in the game. A few words uttered during the cig break - "I hate that guy. The sooner he's gone from the game the better"

The six players (refs in this example) are subservient to the alpha-male and now also want the eighth player gone from the game.

The aplha-male has, at no point, instructed the six to collude or cheat. But suddenly that eighth player is an isolated figure and the odds are stacked against him.

mancyman said:
whilst part of me thinks play a load of kids against bayern and show platini that we have had enough of this corrupt competition lets be more postitive. our owners i am sure want success in this more than just domestic titles. and who know if my alcohol addled brain has not given out completely if we manage to scrape a draw against a hopefully not bothered bayern side we will have the princely total of 3 points. however if cska and roma draw they will only have 5 each. hope i have that right. then bayern however disinterested will still want to win at home against moscow so 5 points finish for cska. then we will know after that early kick off that a win in rome and we go through. we might not deserve to but if could still happen. keep the faith.

I somehow doubt that will happen,seeing the kids will be playing against their counterparts on the same day !!!

I've followed this club I love through harder times and worse shit than anything close to the blip we are currently in. I'll still be there every game I can for the foreseeable future.

jaigurugoat said:
Pathetic.
All this talk of boycotting this, turning our backs on that, it's almost as embarrassing as the team's performance last night. Does anyone really think it will make the slightest difference?
Yes it will.

If we had a gate of sy 10k for the Bayern game with 3000 Bayern fans in attendance and, very importantly, UEFA knew why we were staying away I think it would have an impact.

We jacked the CL off this season after the debacle in refereeing against Barcelona last season. We went to all the home games in the CL prior to that and to Real, Ajax, Borossia Dortmund away and I have seen too much bent refereeing and group fixes to have any more interest in it.

There is definitely an element of naievity and immaturity about the way we play and about the team selection and set up and not learning how to "play" the referees is bad enough, but the FFP penalty, the squad reduction.... When you have certain other teams operating at a profit but trading on a massive debt and no action is taken..... No not for me, not any more thanks very much. I'm afraid the Champions League, the sponsors and the club have had their last penny out of me in that respect!

BigJoe#1 said:
jaigurugoat said:
Pathetic.
All this talk of boycotting this, turning our backs on that, it's almost as embarrassing as the team's performance last night. Does anyone really think it will make the slightest difference?
Yes it will.

If we had a gate of sy 10k for the Bayern game with 3000 Bayern fans in attendance and, very importantly, UEFA knew why we were staying away I think it would have an impact.

We jacked the CL off this season after the debacle in refereeing against Barcelona last season. We went to all the home games in the CL prior to that and to Real, Ajax, Borossia Dortmund away and I have seen too much bent refereeing and group fixes to have any more interest in it.

There is definitely and element of naievity and immaturity about the way we play and the team selection and not learning how to "play" the referees and that is bad enough, but the FFP penalty, the squad reduction.... When you have certain other teams operating at a profit but trading on a massive debt and no action is taken..... No no for me, not any more thanks very much. I'm afraid the Champions League, the sponsors and the club have had their last penny out of me in that respect!

For me if fans turn there back completely on this competition it will make the owners doubt whether they have bought the right club.

We can moan all we like about Uefa and much of it is true but this is where our owners want us to be.

And another thing that really pisses me off big time, a question that has been posed many times but I have yet to see a satisfactory answer/explanation.

How can a tournament whose major sponsor is a brewery, refuse for alcohol to be served in the stadiums on match days when it is served in the self same stadiums on every other match day? What reasonable or logical explanation is there for that?

This in itself says something shitty is going on in the background does it not?

Of all the text's and calls i'v had this Morning nobody is boycotting the game, thank fuck

Only we would complain for years that we were the unfortunate, worse off set of fans that never got to watch European football and who had to sit watching paint trophy games whilst our neighbours were winning the treble - then not bother turning up when we get their ourselves!

Get some perspective! We aren't going to be at the top of English football forever. Get watching it now whilst you have the chance!

Sure, we're a load of rubbish on the pitch at the minute, but us giving the players and manager a hard time won't help! For those 90 minutes we should be getting behind the team no end! Then after the game we can discuss who we don't like etc! In the last 3 years we've won 2 leagues, things can get a lot worse than this!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.