Will Blues Really Boycott The Bayern Game?

Blue Mist said:
Gray said:
Blue Mist said:
Can someone tell me why we are boycotting this match ?

Lets accept the Ref was bent and he saw his chance after 2 minutes to give the free kick for hand ball. It wasn't Platini or the ref that left their forward unmarked for a free header it was Toure.

If the ref was bent did he have a quiet word with Cliche to help him ? out because he was the one supplying the superb crossfield pass for their second.

If the ref was bent why did Toure (again) man handle the CSKA player to the ground putting his hands very close to his face. A straight sending off whether you are bent or not. Pelligrini got his tactics all wrong (again) and too many players failed to put any effort in.

Our poor performance had nothing to do with corrupt officials or UEFA.
The referees are still absolutely wank though!

Yes they are, I agree, apparently it was only his second Chaps league match but shit happens. Other teams have stupid incorrect decisions given against them but just get on with it.

Boycotting a match just feeds into the hands of the press, stupid idea making us look small.

The difference is that those "other teams" might be the victims of duff decisions maybe 1 match in 6. With us it's every single game in Europe.

Understand the may reasons why some won't go to this game, but the owners investment in this club and all of what we have had over the last 6 years is because they want us to be at the top table in Europe. As fans most of us want to win the PL above CL, but I think our owners see winning domestically as a stepping stone to European success - the investment, attraction of sponsors, academy build and everything good we are seeing is because of that goal. Real Madrid are remembered as winning CL last season, but the fact they didn't win La Liga doesn't register with most people outside Spain.

Brilliant!!.

As far as I'm aware it wasn't UEFA who told Toure not to mark his man at the free kick or made Clichy follow up one of his best games with one of his worst. We played like shite and have played liked shite in pretty much every game in the champions league. End of.

We create dozens and dozens of threads about this player and that player not giving a shit or not trying or giving up completely, then what do we do? Take our fucking ball home and say we don't want to play by these rules. If we don't like the players giving in, we shouldn't either.

If we were any bleeding good in this competition and managed to get to the final, no one would give a flying fuck about "corruption", we'd all be there, so man up and support the team when they need it.

Exeter Blue I am here said:
Blue Mist said:
Gray said:
The referees are still absolutely wank though!

Yes they are, I agree, apparently it was only his second Chaps league match but shit happens. Other teams have stupid incorrect decisions given against them but just get on with it.

Boycotting a match just feeds into the hands of the press, stupid idea making us look small.

The difference is that those "other teams" might be the victims of duff decisions maybe 1 match in 6. With us it's every single game in Europe.

So, just to be clear, are you saying the officials have been told to be corrupt by Platini and his gang ?

blue underpants said:
Every boozer I went in tonight after the match was full of Blues all saying the same thing, fuck the Bayern game i'm not going, what's the point it's fucking bent
Will this happen or will we have all calmed down by then?
I have never seen Blues so angry though

I have been very doubtful over the years to think that anything at the top level in football is bent. There are dodgy matches in Asia, there are players in lower leagues whose betting behaviour is questionable, but at the top end I have always thought that integrity and honesty shone through.

The farce of the next two World Cups and the refusal of FICKFUFA to publish the report on their, shall we say, ineptitude in governing the game, the way we have been shafted into CL groups, the referees we've had at The Etihad on CL nights over the last four seasons, have made fuckin' great dints in the belief that integrity and honesty were cornerstones of the game. But when Kolarov was penalised in Moscow and a penalty ensued, and when Agueroooooooooo was fouled last night AND booked for diving, my conversion is complete. Football at the highest level is as bent as a nine drachma note.

I shan't boycott any City games but I shall take my seat knowing that some whistling wanker will, at some point in the game, dispense with a fair application of the Laws of the Game and do 'someone's' bidding. MCFC will be on the shitty end of it!

Blue Mist said:
Exeter Blue I am here said:
Blue Mist said:

So, just to be clear, are you saying the officials have been told to be corrupt by Platini and his gang ?
I wouldn't bet against it

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
blue underpants said:
Every boozer I went in tonight after the match was full of Blues all saying the same thing, fuck the Bayern game i'm not going, what's the point it's fucking bent
Will this happen or will we have all calmed down by then?
I have never seen Blues so angry though

I have been very doubtful over the years to think that anything at the top level in football is bent. There are dodgy matches in Asia, there are players in lower leagues whose betting behaviour is questionable, but at the top end I have always thought that integrity and honesty shone through.

The farce of the next two World Cups and the refusal of FICKFUFA to publish the report on their, shall we say, ineptitude in governing the game, the way we have been shafted into CL groups, the referees we've had at The Etihad on CL nights over the last four seasons, have made fuckin' great dints in the belief that integrity and honesty were cornerstones of the game. But when Kolarov was penalised in Moscow and a penalty ensued, and when Agueroooooooooo was fouled last night AND booked for diving, my conversion is complete. Football at the highest level is as bent as a nine drachma note.

I shan't boycott any City games but I shall take my seat knowing that some whistling wanker will, at some point in the game, dispense with a fair application of the Laws of the Game and do 'someone's' bidding. MCFC will be on the shitty end of it!
Spot fucking on

mancyman said:
whilst part of me thinks play a load of kids against bayern and show platini that we have had enough of this corrupt competition lets be more postitive. our owners i am sure want success in this more than just domestic titles. and who know if my alcohol addled brain has not given out completely if we manage to scrape a draw against a hopefully not bothered bayern side we will have the princely total of 3 points. however if cska and roma draw they will only have 5 each. hope i have that right. then bayern however disinterested will still want to win at home against moscow so 5 points finish for cska. then we will know after that early kick off that a win in rome and we go through. we might not deserve to but if could still happen. keep the faith.
pretty sure the last group games have to be played at the same time

What a load of B******s. Cheaper tickets will ensure the stadium is sold out for midweek games. So if some choose not to go which is there prerogative then others will take advantage and go in their place.

We have earned the right to compete in Europe and it's something we have been aspiring to compete in for years. If the organisers ARE against us then we should just up our game. Not bitter just better, then we'll get somewhere in this competition.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.