Will Blues Really Boycott The Bayern Game?

Dave S said:
Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
BlueKolarovWorker said:
Brilliant!!.

As far as I'm aware it wasn't UEFA who told Toure not to mark his man at the free kick or made Clichy follow up one of his best games with one of his worst. We played like shite and have played liked shite in pretty much every game in the champions league. End of.

We create dozens and dozens of threads about this player and that player not giving a shit or not trying or giving up completely, then what do we do? Take our fucking ball home and say we don't want to play by these rules. If we don't like the players giving in, we shouldn't either.

If we were any bleeding good in this competition and managed to get to the final, no one would give a flying fuck about "corruption", we'd all be there, so man up and support the team when they need it.

It would be a case of succeeding DESPITE the endemic corruption in the game. The corruption is there for all to see. FICKFUFA, when they asked for bids require a technical manual to be lodged with them. I saw the England one, about three inches thick. I presume the Qatari one was written on the back of a camels bollock. The WC is awarded to a country and then we find that that country has certain fundamental obstacles to the playing of a tournament, so FICKFUFA and the snake Blatter set about altering the basic elements upon which ALL the bids were originally made. European leagues are fucked over, but, hey, we have some substantial bank accounts bloated even further.
Absolutely spot on.

I get the points re corruption but my point is, will a morally bankrupt body, Fifa or UEFA give a shit if 30,000 City fans don't turn up?

No, because if others are to be believed, they don't want us in the competition anyway and no other teams will support us in this because the "Classy" Gooners and other clubs with 'istry don't want us there either. So the only people we impact upon with action like this are the club owners and the team, neither of which I want to turn against because of bent bastards at the top of the game.

If you're not turning up because of ticket prices or because the team's playing crap, that's your prerogative (although I would argue in the latter case, that's when the team needs us most) but don't do it as some form of sit down protest against UEFA because they don't care.

Nixon_The_Bike_Thief said:
I've followed this club I love through harder times and worse shit than anything close to the blip we are currently in. I'll still be there every game I can for the foreseeable future.

This, additionally because a boycott achieves bugger all, other than maybe showing the players some fans aren't arsed, so I guess they won't be again...?!

Fowlers Penalty Miss said:
I've bought my ticket, and I'll be there.

It's not over yet, and a win in Rome changes things.

I'm forever the optimist, and you never know.

I've been watching City for too long to rule anything out!

Same here mate. Though honestly I don't think we will go through. But just can't help but be there supporting the team

A boycott would achieve nothing and I agree completely with a previous post where someone said we wouldn't be flapping half as much if we were getting to finals or semi's in Europe.

Got to admit though, that as a teenager I used to dream of watching us in the Champions league, with the walk-on music etc. but UEFA's attitude towards us when we got there, the poor refeering we seem to get every game, and the blatent rolling around on the floor trying to get players booked (which seems to work everytime) and wasting time has taken the excitement I thought I would feel about City in Europe away. You back them day in day out as always, I just don't get excited as I did when we first qualified.

Our performances don't help and we should really be able to win despite what I've mentioned above, other teams have poor referee's and playing against blantent cheats and still win, but the whole thing just leaves a sour taste in the mouth.

I'll always put the league ahead of Europe anyway, but with the constant uneven playing field lets put it this way, if we were banned from Europe completely I wouldn't lose any sleep over it. We should stick two fingers up to FFP and f*ck Platini, he's done a good enough job on us so lets return the favour.

Tbilisi said:
I will be there,my club needs me now,I am a supporter.

Ref was correct on both sendings off,thought we should have had a pen and he booked the wrong guy but that should not have mattered.

yes +1.

And to make the day more bearable I will also be at Ewen Fields in the afternoon watching the U19 match v Bayern. Yesterdays afternoon match v CSKA was so much better to watch than the evening debacle! 4-2 win and good quality football from both sides.

SaddleworthBlueRhino said:
Tbilisi said:

Ref was correct on both sendings off,thought we should have had a pen and he booked the wrong guy but that should not have mattered.

yes +1.

And to make the day more bearable I will also be at Ewen Fields in the afternoon watching the U19 match v Bayern. Yesterdays afternoon match v CSKA was so much better to watch than the evening debacle! 4-2 win and good quality football from both sides.

Was wondering if that game could be at Mini Comms by that time.....might do the same to help ease the pain!

Support the team.....that's what supporters do. If we don't we will be ridiculed by all and sundrie and our famed loyalty,humour &dedication built when we really were bad will be hugely diminished

50 years in the making.....5 minutes to destroy !!

Tbilisi said:

yes +1.

Not sure Ferny deserved two yellow cards and was Yaya's push worthy of a straight red? A second yellow yes, but not a straight red for me. Also whoever fouled Yaya should have been carded and why didn't we get the free kick for the original foul. Too many decisions have gone against us for something not to be going on.

Tbilisi said:
Tbilisi said:

yes +1.

Was wondering if that game could be at Mini Comms by that time.....might do the same to help ease the pain!

They announced at the game yesterday afternoon that it was a 2pm KO at Ewen Fields

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.