Will The Derby Game Be Called Off???

Status
Not open for further replies.
MonsallBlue said:
Halfpenny said:
That's what the OS seems to say. Don't know if it's too late to bring the Blackburn league game forward though.

Maybe thats why decision is rumoured to be made today. To give time to bring blackburn forward. Is it televised?
If it were to be played on Monday it would be on ESPN, if it were moved to Saturday it probably wouldn't be.

Not been in long, main roads into manchester and up to stadium are getting much better. Easily passable. But pavements etc are still bad. More snow forecast will put an end to any hopes tho I think

No chance

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74NV0waG00I&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

just fly in a load of sand from abu dhabi and dump it all over manchester from the air.

If they leave in the next few hours jobs a good un. !

'Very much in the balance' he reckons. The pitch is covered in snow which is easily cleared so no problem there, the problems is outside the ground. Like many people they've not been able to get into work, and if there are no staff at the ground then there's no game obviously. They are hoping to make a decision later today (based on weather reports for tonight and tomorrow I guess), but like I say the pitch is not an issue.

I'd be very surprised if it was called of because of the pitch...but like the recent Celtic game that was cancelled it has more to do with getting to the actual ground.
click here for the Celtic game details

It's just a matter of when they call the game off not if they do. The Blackburn game wont be switched back to Saturday at such short notice (police require 7 days notice) so will be postponed till later in the season and the first leg of the semi will be next Wednesday.

Forecast for NW

Today - Cloudy with wintry showers, these falling as rain at first near coasts, but falling as snow inland and over hills. Becoming drier in northern areas later with some bright spells and isolated snow showers. Northwesterly winds will veer northeasterly later. Maximum temperature 2 °C.

Tonight - Clear at times with a scattering of snow showers, especially over Cumbria and the Pennines. Icy conditions are expected with a widespread and locally sharp frost. Sometimes brisk northeasterly winds. Minimum temperature -7 °C.

Wednesday - Bright at times with a few light wintry flurries, these mainly over the hills. Very cold with brisk northerly winds. Maximum temperature 0 °C.

Im confident that this will still go ahead now.

I have just heard of a friend, his dad works for the local council and they have strongly advised MCFC to PP the match, due to the conditions surrounding the ground. On top of that, they will be PP'ing the match due to the ground staff not being able to make it to the stadium. I am not best pleased about this news :(

gh_mcfc said:
just fly in a load of sand from abu dhabi and dump it all over manchester from the air.

If they leave in the next few hours jobs a good un. !

I dont think the council would allow it mate and where would they land with the airport closed.

Only kidding - not a clarkie, I just thought, they could drop some on the runway also before they land. Jobs a good un,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.