Will The Derby Game Be Called Off???

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope for my mates sake that this doesnt get called off, he has travelled over from Malaga especially for this game, be gutted if its postponed!

It sounds an obvious point but I don't believe the game would be off unless there was heavy snow tomorrow. If, as sounds likely, the snow stops today, the roads will be clear pretty quickly. The gritters and traffic will see to that.

Ricster said:
quiet_riot said:
So all the snow that's turned to slush today freezes overnight, stays frozen tomorrow daytime...and you're confident it'll be on?!

Yeah, just makes the journey and the day a bit more exciting.

SERIOUSLY! THE CLUB MUST WAIT TIL TOMORROW MORNING 8AM BEFORE CALLING THIS OFF!
It should wait til about 3pm if there's ANY chance it can still go ahead. No need to call this one off ridiculously early with both teams being "local".

That forecast doesn't sound promising though. It's the -7 minimum for tonight and 0 maximum for tomorrow that will be the killer.

Mike 1990 said:
Anybody know what the snow is like in Stoke as their match is still going ahead and is now televised on sky, imagine the gritters and club will be working through the night to try and clear the area. Just depends how badly/if it freezes overnight.
i live near crewe about 15 mins from stoke, we have only had about an inch of snow but has just started snowing but quite light so dont imagine there will be a problem.

Dubai Blue said:
Ricster said:
Yeah, just makes the journey and the day a bit more exciting.

SERIOUSLY! THE CLUB MUST WAIT TIL TOMORROW MORNING 8AM BEFORE CALLING THIS OFF!
It should wait til about 3pm if there's ANY chance it can still go ahead. No need to call this one off ridiculously early with both teams being "local".

That forecast doesn't sound promising though. It's the -7 minimum for tonight and 0 maximum for tomorrow that will be the killer.

3pm would be a problem for me. That would give me 4hrs to do what usually takes 3hrs. I'd be skating on thin ice. Wahey

What about those who aren't great on their feet? They might be snowed in and unable to get to the game even if others can. Be harsh for them to miss our first semi in 28 years.

hate to say this guys but the met office have issued another heavy warning for us

Heavy Snow 1207 Tue 5 1700 Tue 5

Outbreaks of snow will continue through the afternoon giving a further 4 cm in places. This will lead to icy roads and pavements.

The public are advised to take extra care and refer to the Highways Agency for further advice on traffic disruption on motorways and trunk roads.

Issued at: 1209 Tue 5 Jan

id say there is less than a 10 percent chance of tomorrows game going ahead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.