Will The Derby Game Be Called Off???

Status
Not open for further replies.
I cant decide if I want it to go ahead or not now.

Dont want the stadium half full due to people not getting there.

TBH a decision is unlikey to be made until tomorrow.

It was looking unlikely to go ahead, but the gritters are starting to clear the snow/ice now. So it all rests on what happens tonight really.

Ricster said:
Forecast for NW

Today - Cloudy with wintry showers, these falling as rain at first near coasts, but falling as snow inland and over hills. Becoming drier in northern areas later with some bright spells and isolated snow showers. Northwesterly winds will veer northeasterly later. Maximum temperature 2 °C.

Tonight - Clear at times with a scattering of snow showers, especially over Cumbria and the Pennines. Icy conditions are expected with a widespread and locally sharp frost. Sometimes brisk northeasterly winds. Minimum temperature -7 °C.

Wednesday - Bright at times with a few light wintry flurries, these mainly over the hills. Very cold with brisk northerly winds. Maximum temperature 0 °C.

Im confident that this will still go ahead now.
Bloody hope so. I would be happy for my info to be wrong.

Ricster said:
Forecast for NW

Today - Cloudy with wintry showers, these falling as rain at first near coasts, but falling as snow inland and over hills. Becoming drier in northern areas later with some bright spells and isolated snow showers. Northwesterly winds will veer northeasterly later. Maximum temperature 2 °C.

Tonight - Clear at times with a scattering of snow showers, especially over Cumbria and the Pennines. Icy conditions are expected with a widespread and locally sharp frost. Sometimes brisk northeasterly winds. Minimum temperature -7 °C.

Wednesday - Bright at times with a few light wintry flurries, these mainly over the hills. Very cold with brisk northerly winds. Maximum temperature 0 °C.

So all the snow that's turned to slush today freezes overnight, stays frozen tomorrow daytime...and you're confident it'll be on?!

Anybody know what the snow is like in Stoke as their match is still going ahead and is now televised on sky, imagine the gritters and club will be working through the night to try and clear the area. Just depends how badly/if it freezes overnight.

snow shovelllers required . Clear around the ground...

Shit shovellers required later to remove the......erm..... shit from around the ground

gh_mcfc said:
snow shovelllers required . Clear around the ground...

Shit shovellers required later to remove the......erm..... shit from around the ground
Think the rags have legs, they won't need a shovel to leave the ground after the match.

quiet_riot said:
Ricster said:
Forecast for NW

So all the snow that's turned to slush today freezes overnight, stays frozen tomorrow daytime...and you're confident it'll be on?!

Yeah, just makes the journey and the day a bit more exciting.

SERIOUSLY! THE CLUB MUST WAIT TIL TOMORROW MORNING 8AM BEFORE CALLING THIS OFF!

SWP's back said:
gh_mcfc said:
just fly in a load of sand from abu dhabi and dump it all over manchester from the air.

If they leave in the next few hours jobs a good un. !

I dont think the council would allow it mate and where would they land with the airport closed.

only kidding - not a clarkie, I just thought, they could drop some on the runway also before they land. Jobs a good un,

You gave me a head in hands moment for a instance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.