Will the United States survive the 21st century?

The US is like a Jumbo jet where 45% of passengers are adamant they want a nice cultural holiday in the Med, 45% aren’t interested in any other culture than Gun culture and are adamant they want to go hunting for wild animals in Namibia, and 10% could happily go either way depending on their mood.

Previous Pilots tried to reach compromise destinations that ticked some boxes, but over time the passengers are getting more and more upset that they don’t get exactly what they want and have become entrenched in their views. The current Pilot has his own hunting resort in Namibia, but he denies this has any bearing on his current flight path, which to outside observers seems to be directly towards it.

As the passengers continue to get more and more demanding about where they want to go, Future pilots will increasingly struggle to keep either side happy. One side has more guns, more bullets and more practice using them and lately have been openly displaying them on the plane. The other side does have guns as well, but tend to keep them hidden.

Don’t be surprised to see a few people get shot on the plane and a few holes to appear in the fuselage, especially if the current pilot doesn’t get relieved and continues towards Namibia. It will take some excellent piloting to get it safely down and most people to be happy with where they land. Nobody currently has any idea where they could land that keeps people sufficiently happy. The plane could blow up if enough shots are fired.

I always wondered when you read dystopian futute tales of america breaking up the central area is always considered to be come a wasteland or lawless while the east and west coasts and texas become seperate nations (Judge dredd, man in high castle, etc)

Is the central plains that barren

Last edited:
As long as they keep stealing oil, opium and countries gold reserves they will be absolutely fine. People still won't have free health care, people will still carry guns and they will still scream they're the land of the free and be oblivious to it all!!
Unless they have shot each other and there are just a few tobacco chewing hillbilly’s left interbreeding in the back woods. Perhaps the indigenous natives will be able to reclaim their lands and herds of Bison will roam free.

Meanwhile in the UK the few of us who can still claim the land as our own will be desperately trying to cross the English Channel in rubber boats to find a new life in Europe.

Last edited:
I always wondered when you read dystopian futute tales of america breaking up the central area is always considered to be come a wasteland or lawless while the east and west coasts and texas become seperate nations (Judge dredd, man in high castle, etc)

Is the central plains that barren
Kansas is

As long as they keep stealing oil, opium and countries gold reserves they will be absolutely fine. People still won't have free health care, people will still carry guns and they will still scream they're the land of the free and be oblivious to it all!!
Nobody has free health care.

It will survive, but what kind of country will it be is the question. The nazis and racists coming out from under their rocks is a dangerous development and Trump needs to be defeated to take the wind out of their sails. Trump didn't create these bastards, but he has given them a platform. Their whole system has been shown to be farcical and unable to counter Trumps corruption. They aren't a democracy. You cant have the Electoral College, states able to call results because they have a right wing judiciary. Voter suppression is not the act of a democracy. They have a long way to go before they can cll themselves a democracy, they aren't at all. If Biden wins, they will get better, but unless there is root and branch reform, they will always be a mythical non existent beacon of democracy.

Oh the drama!
America is and has always been a developing/ changing situation. It’s a democratic Republic hence why the majority vote doesn’t seal an election. As for racism, no other country has done more to address the underlying fact that it’s always present, in any and every society. The fact that it’s being talked about on an English footie site is because we’re transparent about the facts, how does one deal with it? No idea. If you’re a black man, travel to Russia, China, the balkans, see how that goes.

rant over

You’re probabky right tbf. People are cunts, basically. I mean, I like people, but they are cunts. Selfish cunts.
Since you started this thread my faith in humanity’s ability to develop and progress has been shaken to the core, and a lot of that comes from what I’ve seen happen in the USA, even more than here.

I think there will have been a nuclear war by the turn of the next century.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.