Will they fire Mancini?

BillyShears said:
That's exactly the kind of competition to inspire Mancini on to even greater things. Does nobody think that going up against the guy who took his job at Inter will undoubtedly bring out the best in him?

Plus at the end we'll be able to look back and know for sure whether our special one is as good as the original special one ...

Shouldn't taking on Red nose who's dominated English football for two decades bring out the best in him ?

BillyShears said:
That's exactly the kind of competition to inspire Mancini on to even greater things. Does nobody think that going up against the guy who took his job at Inter will undoubtedly bring out the best in him?

Plus at the end we'll be able to look back and know for sure whether our special one is as good as the original special one ...
Ermmm, don't get me wrong Billy but after all these years, I don't need to see us overcome hurdles of other great teams. I just want us to win the league. I believed all season that we would, now I fancy Utd.

I think Jose is probably a better (in terms of bring silverware) manager than Mancini but I think Mancini deserves to see out his contract atleast. Similar to Xavi probably being better than Silva, but I wouldn't want to swap him as I'd prefer to win it with what we have.

I'm sure the above is wholely contradictory and for that I apologise. If anything I'd like Jose to stay another year at Real, give Mancini another year here. If we don't win the league and/or do well in the CL next year then sack him off and try and bring in Jose. That way no other English club gets him and he can't hurt us as much whilst in Spain.

allan harper said:
Shouldn't taking on Red nose who's dominated English football for two decades bring out the best in him ?

Ferguson presents a different challenge. It's all sweetness and light and mutual respect. Mourinho and Mancini in the same league would be .... well, it'd be a fucking niggle-fest between the pair of them. It would be the dominant discourse in the media.

But it still comes back to the same thing - I think that the two of them in the same league would bring out the very best in Mancini which would only serve to benefit us.

SWP's back said:
BillyShears said:

Ermmm, don't get me wrong Billy but after all these years, I don't need to see us overcome hurdles of other great teams. I just want us to win the league. I believed all season that we would, now I fancy Utd.

I think Jose is probably a better (in terms of bring silverware) manager than Mancini but I think Mancini deserves to see out his contract atleast. Similar to Xavi probably being better than Silva, but I wouldn't want to swap him as I'd prefer to win it with what we have.

I'm sure the above is wholely contradictory and for that I apologise. If anything I'd like Jose to stay another year at Real, give Mancini another year here. If we don't win the league and/or do well in the CL next year then sack him off and try and bring in Jose. That way no other English club gets him and he can't hurt us as much whilst in Spain.

Totally agree with all of that, although if push came to shove and Mourinho did become available this summer, I wouldn't shirk making the decision to sack Mancini. I'd only do it if Mourinho was available (and no-one else), and I'd do it with a heavy heart, but I'd do it.

BillyShears said:
allan harper said:

Ferguson presents a different challenge. It's all sweetness and light and mutual respect. Mourinho and Mancini in the same league would be .... well, it'd be a fucking niggle-fest between the pair of them. It would be the dominant discourse in the media.

But it still comes back to the same thing - I think that the two of them in the same league would bring out the very best in Mancini which would only serve to benefit us.

You don't think he's giving his best now?

I'd say he is - he's aged 10 years in the last two!!!

Im conflicted about the Bob situation. Few weeks ago, I was absolutely positive we were going to win the league at a canter. Now, I'm positive we can do it but hardly confident (the nature of being blue I suppose).

My issue with the potential appointment of Jose was the fact that he can hardly be seen as a long term fit for any job he takes, but with the lad comes success. One thing I do have no doubt about is that he would win the league with our current squad, yes hes an arrogant fucker, but hes the best in the business.

After leading the league for 5 months and leathering the current champs in their own backyard, it would be brutal to lose out at this point. Not hard to see why Jose would turn ADUG heads, this last 10 games is huge for our Bob.

BillyShears said:
allan harper said:

By that I'm guessing you actually mean "competition to see who can make up the most outrageous, super, soraraway, sensational lies"?

Didsbury Dave said:
You don't think he's giving his best now?

I'd say he is - he's aged 10 years in the last two!!!

I just think the challenge it would represent and what it would bring to the league in terms of profile and players would eclipse anything that's going on now.

I'm not afraid of anyone footballing wise. Sheikh Mansour has shown that he's in this for the long haul and that we will always have arguably the most competitive squad in the league whilst he's in charge. That's enough for me to think - well as long as it's not the rags - i'll take the competition with pleasure.

There's no need for Mourinho to leave Madrid, at least not for the next couple years.

He wins the league, he is getting closer to Barca all the time. He has also fought some very clever battles when he did for Valdano.

But I do think that will ultimately result in Mourinho taking the United job when the time comes.

I do know Spurs have been told to back off because of what they are being told from the Jose camp.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
There's no need for Mourinho to leave Madrid, at least not for the next couple years.

He wins the league, he is getting closer to Barca all the time. He has also fought some very clever battles when he did for Valdano.

But I do think that will ultimately result in Mourinho taking the United job when the time comes.

I do know Spurs have been told to back off because of what they are being told from the Jose camp.

Mourinho to United is City's worst nightmare, if they manage to somehow restructure their finances.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.