Will they fire Mancini?

I still don't see what attraction the United job would hold for him. If what's been said is true and he wants to build a legacy somewhere why United?
What's he going to do that Fergison hasn't already?
I may be being very naive but I just don't think it would suit his personal agenda.

Scareye said:
I still don't see what attraction the United job would hold for him. If what's been said is true and he wants to build a legacy somewhere why United?
What's he going to do that Fergison hasn't already?
I may be being very naive but I just don't think it would suit his personal agenda.

That's my take on it too. Throw in the fact that every transfer target he has has to be second best, because City blow him out the water.

I can't see him there at all. Maybe if they were bought out.

hgblue said:
SWP's back said:
BillyShears said:
That's exactly the kind of competition to inspire Mancini on to even greater things. Does nobody think that going up against the guy who took his job at Inter will undoubtedly bring out the best in him?

Plus at the end we'll be able to look back and know for sure whether our special one is as good as the original special one ...
Ermmm, don't get me wrong Billy but after all these years, I don't need to see us overcome hurdles of other great teams. I just want us to win the league. I believed all season that we would, now I fancy Utd.

I think Jose is probably a better (in terms of bring silverware) manager than Mancini but I think Mancini deserves to see out his contract atleast. Similar to Xavi probably being better than Silva, but I wouldn't want to swap him as I'd prefer to win it with what we have.

I'm sure the above is wholely contradictory and for that I apologise. If anything I'd like Jose to stay another year at Real, give Mancini another year here. If we don't win the league and/or do well in the CL next year then sack him off and try and bring in Jose. That way no other English club gets him and he can't hurt us as much whilst in Spain.

Totally agree with all of that, although if push came to shove and Mourinho did become available this summer, I wouldn't shirk making the decision to sack Mancini. I'd only do it if Mourinho was available (and no-one else), and I'd do it with a heavy heart, but I'd do it.
I don't know how I'd feel about it to be honest.

Similar to if I had to decide which of the Saturdays I shag this afternoon. I guess, in the end, I'd be happy either way.

Didsbury Dave said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
There's no need for Mourinho to leave Madrid, at least not for the next couple years.

He wins the league, he is getting closer to Barca all the time. He has also fought some very clever battles when he did for Valdano.

But I do think that will ultimately result in Mourinho taking the United job when the time comes.

I do know Spurs have been told to back off because of what they are being told from the Jose camp.

Mourinho to United is City's worst nightmare, if they manage to somehow restructure their finances.

I agree, but that's the gamble our owners may be forced to accept by retaining Mancini for any greater length.

United are still competing at the top despite the finances and debts will continue to improve as long as Ferguson is able to have them compete on minimal outlay.

The worldwide slump won't last forever, so they will always have a club sale to fall back on.

Ferguson will do the selling job to Mourinho if he needs to.

I always felt we needed to forget about the Financial Fair Play rules in the immediate term and break the back of domestic dominance.

We are back on the leash and that allows other rivals to now plan and plot longer-term.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Didsbury Dave said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
There's no need for Mourinho to leave Madrid, at least not for the next couple years.

He wins the league, he is getting closer to Barca all the time. He has also fought some very clever battles when he did for Valdano.

But I do think that will ultimately result in Mourinho taking the United job when the time comes.

I do know Spurs have been told to back off because of what they are being told from the Jose camp.

Mourinho to United is City's worst nightmare, if they manage to somehow restructure their finances.

I agree, but that's the gamble our owners may be forced to accept by retaining Mancini for any greater length.

United are still competing at the top despite the finances and debts will continue to improve as long as Ferguson is able to have them compete on minimal outlay.

The worldwide slump won't last forever, so they will always have a club sale to fall back on.

Ferguson will do the selling job to Mourinho if he needs to.

I always felt we needed to forget about the Financial Fair Play rules in the immediate term and break the back of domestic dominance.

We are back on the leash and that allows other rivals to now plan and plot longer-term.

That's why it matters that we win the league this year. It's about momentum, it's about perception - perception of transfer targets, perception of our rivals, and perception of the rest of football. Our players need that title to walk tall into next season. Man United need to lose this fucking title and lose some of that confidence.

If we come second we are still the new kid on the block with all the money but no team spirit.

Win in and we are the Daddies. In our minds, and the minds of every other team. It is the most important two months since ADUG took over.

Didsbury Dave said:
stonerblue said:
Didsbury Dave said:
What a bizarre point to make.

Not really.

Mourinho is seen as some kind of guarantee of success by far too many people. With him as manager they are convinced we would be invincible.
No doubt if he failed to win anything then Guardiola would be next 'guaranteed silverware' manager.

The reason he's seen as a guarantee of success is that he is close to that as there is in the modern game.

The comment "what if he doesn't achieve success" is meaningless. It's insane. It's like me going to my wife and saying "I'm going to buy a Ferrarri" and her saying "But what if it's too slow". Or me falling in love with the multimillionaire model daughter of a brewery owner and saying "Sorry love, I'm going to have to let you go in case you dump me and leave me heartbroken".

It's lazy, illogical thinking. But ADUG of course won't think like that so it's irrelevant.

I would've thought a man of your years would know that nothing is guaranteed in football, or life.
Plenty of people have bought a ferrari then got rid of it because it was shit. Ashley Cole fucked the gorgeous, filthy rich Cheryl Cole off for some reason.

I'd say it's more 'insane' to expect guaranteed success in football, and life.

stonerblue said:
Didsbury Dave said:
stonerblue said:
Not really.

Mourinho is seen as some kind of guarantee of success by far too many people. With him as manager they are convinced we would be invincible.
No doubt if he failed to win anything then Guardiola would be next 'guaranteed silverware' manager.

The reason he's seen as a guarantee of success is that he is close to that as there is in the modern game.

The comment "what if he doesn't achieve success" is meaningless. It's insane. It's like me going to my wife and saying "I'm going to buy a Ferrarri" and her saying "But what if it's too slow". Or me falling in love with the multimillionaire model daughter of a brewery owner and saying "Sorry love, I'm going to have to let you go in case you dump me and leave me heartbroken".

It's lazy, illogical thinking. But ADUG of course won't think like that so it's irrelevant.

I would've thought a man of your years would know that nothing is guaranteed in football, or life.
Plenty of people have bought a ferrari then got rid of it because it was shit. Ashley Cole fucked the gorgeous, filthy rich Cheryl Cole off for some reason.

I'd say it's more 'insane' to expect guaranteed success in football, and life.

Eh?

Of course nothing is guaranteed by football's very nature. But you play the percentages when you chose your manager, just like when you chose your car.

I think it's disrespectful to Mancini that you fans are discussing other managers and him be being fired. In the middle of fighting for a championship. All this uncertainly will filter through and could impact the players. I don't think some of the fans understand the job that Mancini's had to do to take city to the next level. The right players he's had to buy. Few managers could do his job. Can Mourinho build a squad from 7th to first?

tolmie's hairdoo said:

Hi Tolm,

totally disagree with your assumption on Mourinho. first of all if he wins the CL along with the league this season that's job done at Madrid and he will be on the market as there will be nothing else to prove.
Guillem Balague mentioned last week that although he finds the Spurs job appealing if it was available the post that he actually would like is Man city. Forget chelski, again nothing to prove and too much of a rebuilding job.

Also bear in mind that contrary to media and public opinion the rags want Pep Guardiola to replace Slur Alex when he eventually goes as there is an influential opposition within the swamp to Mourinho taking over as they believe he does not represent their so called philosophy. If they don't get Guardiola, Moyes will be the next choice.

Nothing short of winning the league will keep Bob in his job. I cast your mind back to what khaldoon said when we were eliminated out of the champs league and the media said it was a disaster as we have lost 30 mil in revenue with FFP and all that. khaldoon said the target for this season is and remains the title!!

Blowing an 8 to 5 point lead with the best squad in British football will not go down well in Abu Dhabi.

Regards.
Manblu

manblu said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

Hi Tolm,

totally disagree with your assumption on Mourinho. first of all if he wins the CL along with the league this season that's job done at Madrid and he will be on the market as there will be nothing else to prove.
Guillem Balague mentioned last week that although he finds the Spurs job appealing if it was available the post that he actually would like is Man city. Forget chelski, again nothing to prove and too much of a rebuilding job.

Also bear in mind that contrary to media and public opinion the rags want Pep Guardiola to replace Slur Alex when he eventually goes as there is an influential opposition within the swamp to Mourinho taking over as they believe he does not represent their so called philosophy. If they don't get Guardiola, Moyes will be the next choice.

Nothing short of winning the league will keep Bob in his job. I cast your mind back to what khaldoon said when we were eliminated out of the champs league and the media said it was a disaster as we have lost 30 mil in revenue with FFP and all that. khaldoon said the target for this season is and remains the title!!

Blowing an 8 to 5 point lead with the best squad in British football will not go down well in Abu Dhabi.

Regards.
Manblu

You should post more often.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.