Will they fire Mancini?

manblu said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
There's no need for Mourinho to leave Madrid, at least not for the next couple years.

He wins the league, he is getting closer to Barca all the time. He has also fought some very clever battles when he did for Valdano.

But I do think that will ultimately result in Mourinho taking the United job when the time comes.

I do know Spurs have been told to back off because of what they are being told from the Jose camp.

Hi Tolm,

totally disagree with your assumption on Mourinho. first of all if he wins the CL along with the league this season that's job done at Madrid and he will be on the market as there will be nothing else to prove.
Guillem Balague mentioned last week that although he finds the Spurs job appealing if it was available the post that he actually would like is Man city. Forget chelski, again nothing to prove and too much of a rebuilding job.

Also bear in mind that contrary to media and public opinion the rags want Pep Guardiola to replace Slur Alex when he eventually goes as there is an influential opposition within the swamp to Mourinho taking over as they believe he does not represent their so called philosophy. If they don't get Guardiola, Moyes will be the next choice.

Nothing short of winning the league will keep Bob in his job. I cast your mind back to what khaldoon said when we were eliminated out of the champs league and the media said it was a disaster as we have lost 30 mil in revenue with FFP and all that. khaldoon said the target for this season is and remains the title!!

Blowing an 8 to 5 point lead with the best squad in British football will not go down well in Abu Dhabi.

Regards.
Manblu

Mine wasn't an assumption on Mourinho, mate ;)

I'll go as far as to state that Spurs have been told in recent days by Jose's camp that his intention is to sign a new deal at Real.

I agree, he has nothing left to prove if he does the double this year with Real.

United do not want Guardiola I can tell you that as it stands.

They don't want anyone, they are not planning for any succession at this juncture. Three years is a long time in football.

As for Moyes, again, forget it. No European experience, big budget experience, handling top players. More chance going to Spurs at season end.

Guardiola is merely playing games at Barca, but should he find some bottle, I'd expect Arsenal to be his next move.

Ignore Ballague, trust me. Even the lads at Sky take him with a huge pinch of salt. He piggy-backs on info which first comes out in Spain or England, and pretends to take it forward, a supposed authority, based on nothing but his passport.

You are trying to join too many dots, bud. Sure, some of the things you state are common-sense, but they are not rooted in fact at this stage.

Football can change very quickly, and there are a lot more factors in relation to Mancini than not lifting the league.

Pep will never manage anyone other than Barcelona. Maybe Spain but after being blessed with such beautiful football anything else would be shite. Wouldn't be shocked to see Pep do 10 years at Barcelona

tolmie's hairdoo said:
manblu said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
There's no need for Mourinho to leave Madrid, at least not for the next couple years.

He wins the league, he is getting closer to Barca all the time. He has also fought some very clever battles when he did for Valdano.

But I do think that will ultimately result in Mourinho taking the United job when the time comes.

I do know Spurs have been told to back off because of what they are being told from the Jose camp.

Hi Tolm,

totally disagree with your assumption on Mourinho. first of all if he wins the CL along with the league this season that's job done at Madrid and he will be on the market as there will be nothing else to prove.
Guillem Balague mentioned last week that although he finds the Spurs job appealing if it was available the post that he actually would like is Man city. Forget chelski, again nothing to prove and too much of a rebuilding job.

Also bear in mind that contrary to media and public opinion the rags want Pep Guardiola to replace Slur Alex when he eventually goes as there is an influential opposition within the swamp to Mourinho taking over as they believe he does not represent their so called philosophy. If they don't get Guardiola, Moyes will be the next choice.

Nothing short of winning the league will keep Bob in his job. I cast your mind back to what khaldoon said when we were eliminated out of the champs league and the media said it was a disaster as we have lost 30 mil in revenue with FFP and all that. khaldoon said the target for this season is and remains the title!!

Blowing an 8 to 5 point lead with the best squad in British football will not go down well in Abu Dhabi.

Regards.
Manblu

Mine wasn't an assumption on Mourinho, mate ;)

I'll go as far as to state that Spurs have been told in recent days by Jose's camp that his intention is to sign a new deal at Real.

I agree, he has nothing left to prove if he does the double this year with Real.

United do not want Guardiola I can tell you that as it stands.

They don't want anyone, they are not planning for any succession at this juncture. Three years is a long time in football.

As for Moyes, again, forget it. No European experience, big budget experience, handling top players. More chance going to Spurs at season end.

Guardiola is merely playing games at Barca, but should he find some bottle, I'd expect Arsenal to be his next move.

Ignore Ballague, trust me. Even the lads at Sky take him with a huge pinch of salt. He piggy-backs on info which first comes out in Spain or England, and pretends to take it forward, a supposed authority, based on nothing but his passport.

You are trying to join too many dots, bud. Sure, some of the things you state are common-sense, but they are not rooted in fact at this stage.

Football can change very quickly, and there are a lot more factors in relation to Mancini than not lifting the league.

I noticed at the weekend that Mancini looked less "rattled" after the Swansea defeat than the previous games. Maybe word has filtered through of Mourinho's desire to stay at Real Madrid, or ADUG have made sweet noises in his ear.

Well, unless they can sew up Mourinho or Guardiola before hand, they'd better not sack Bobby as I don't want the Spanish Waiter or Rodgers or Moyes etc. Wenger would be interesting but would he leave Arsenal for City?

OB1 said:
Well, unless they can sew up Mourinho or Guardiola before hand, they'd better not sack Bobby as I don't want the Spanish Waiter or Rodgers or Moyes etc. Wenger would be interesting but would he leave Arsenal for City?

Wenger would be a shite move for us. Pep or Mourinho for me IF we were ever to replace Mancini

Wayne Veysey, the guy who broke the Soriano/Barca chiefs story, and info on Silva and Kompany's imminent new contracts says this:

-

Manchester City put Mancini contract talks on hold until summer

EXCLUSIVE
By Wayne Veysey | Chief Correspondent

Roberto Mancini will have his long-term Manchester City future assessed by the club only when the final ball of the season has been kicked, Goal.com can reveal.

Mancini indicated to City chiefs before Christmas that he was willing to open talks over an extension to his contract - but the Italian has been told that negotiations will not begin until the summer.

The City manager, who signed a three-and-a-half year deal when he succeeded Mark Hughes in December 2009, is out of contract in June 2013.

If City fail to overturn a 1-0 deficit in the second leg of their Europa League last-16 clash against Sporting Lisbon on Thursday night, it will leave the Premier League as the club’s only remaining trophy target, and Mancini’s future could then hinge on clinching the title.

Sources have indicated to Goal.com that the club’s Abu Dhabi owners will make a firm decision on Mancini’s situation when they assess the entire campaign, which promised so much when City were setting the pace at the top of the Premier League and comfortably swatting aside all their opponents.

Senior officials passed up the opportunity to extend Mancini’s deal, which is worth £3.5 million-a-year before bonuses, when he steered the club to last May’s FA Cup triumph, their first trophy in 35 years.

As an accounting measure, City’s policy is to sign off the contracts of players and coaching staff at the end of the season. Adam Johnson and Joe Hart both penned new deals in the current campaign, in January and November respectively, but neither were exceptions to the club’s rule. Johnson had verbally agreed his contract last summer, while Hart’s fresh agreement was simply a pay rise rather than an extended deal.

As revealed by Goal.com in recent weeks, the club have offered David Silva and Vincent Kompany contract extensions but they will not be formally completed before mid-May. Mancini has not received similar encouragement in his bid to sign an extended deal at Eastlands.

Mancini is settled in England and ready to commit himself to the club by penning a new deal but, if the team collapses in the final two months of the campaign, his job is expected to come under threat.

It is understood that City have taken a calculated gamble by delaying talks with Mancini to protect themselves from having to pay a huge compensation package were he to be dismissed. Mancini's reputation remains strong in his homeland, where a number of high profile managerial jobs are expected to be available in the summer, including at his former club Inter and Roma.

The name of Jose Mourinho is most frequently mentioned in the City corridors of power but the feeling in Manchester is that the Portuguese will sign a new Real Madrid contract imminently.

At this moment, there is no indication that City have begun to sound out alternative managerial candidates.

With the need to have something tangible to show for the season, Goal.com understands that Mancini will play his strongest available team against Sporting Lisbon, with Joleon Lescott expected to start if he passes a late fitness test.

Jumanji said:
Sources have indicated to Goal.com
FFS

An understandable first reaction but since their overhaul with the BBC guy coming in, Goal have been breaking some legitimate exclusives.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2012/01/24/2863657/manchester-city-close-in-on-ground-breaking-appointment-of" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/pre ... intment-of</a>

LoveCity said:
Wayne Veysey, the guy who broke the Soriano/Barca chiefs story, and info on Silva and Kompany's imminent new contracts says this:

-

Manchester City put Mancini contract talks on hold until summer

EXCLUSIVE
By Wayne Veysey | Chief Correspondent

Roberto Mancini will have his long-term Manchester City future assessed by the club only when the final ball of the season has been kicked, Goal.com can reveal.

Mancini indicated to City chiefs before Christmas that he was willing to open talks over an extension to his contract - but the Italian has been told that negotiations will not begin until the summer.

The City manager, who signed a three-and-a-half year deal when he succeeded Mark Hughes in December 2009, is out of contract in June 2013.

If City fail to overturn a 1-0 deficit in the second leg of their Europa League last-16 clash against Sporting Lisbon on Thursday night, it will leave the Premier League as the club’s only remaining trophy target, and Mancini’s future could then hinge on clinching the title.

Sources have indicated to Goal.com that the club’s Abu Dhabi owners will make a firm decision on Mancini’s situation when they assess the entire campaign, which promised so much when City were setting the pace at the top of the Premier League and comfortably swatting aside all their opponents.

Senior officials passed up the opportunity to extend Mancini’s deal, which is worth £3.5 million-a-year before bonuses, when he steered the club to last May’s FA Cup triumph, their first trophy in 35 years.

As an accounting measure, City’s policy is to sign off the contracts of players and coaching staff at the end of the season. Adam Johnson and Joe Hart both penned new deals in the current campaign, in January and November respectively, but neither were exceptions to the club’s rule. Johnson had verbally agreed his contract last summer, while Hart’s fresh agreement was simply a pay rise rather than an extended deal.

As revealed by Goal.com in recent weeks, the club have offered David Silva and Vincent Kompany contract extensions but they will not be formally completed before mid-May. Mancini has not received similar encouragement in his bid to sign an extended deal at Eastlands.

Mancini is settled in England and ready to commit himself to the club by penning a new deal but, if the team collapses in the final two months of the campaign, his job is expected to come under threat.

It is understood that City have taken a calculated gamble by delaying talks with Mancini to protect themselves from having to pay a huge compensation package were he to be dismissed. Mancini's reputation remains strong in his homeland, where a number of high profile managerial jobs are expected to be available in the summer, including at his former club Inter and Roma.

The name of Jose Mourinho is most frequently mentioned in the City corridors of power but the feeling in Manchester is that the Portuguese will sign a new Real Madrid contract imminently.

At this moment, there is no indication that City have begun to sound out alternative managerial candidates.

With the need to have something tangible to show for the season, Goal.com understands that Mancini will play his strongest available team against Sporting Lisbon, with Joleon Lescott expected to start if he passes a late fitness test.

There's nothing in that report that couldn't be picked up on here most days.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.