Will they fire Mancini?

citizens_1976 said:
Rammy Blue said:
Pretty sure I posted about it earlier in the thread, but the one aspect that still troubles me is the "it was my fault / poor preparation" line being spun out again by Bob.

Not sure what everyone else's opinion is on the matter but for me I thought it was poor form from Bob - I'm sure people will point to the "protecting the players" line however imo it's about time the players stood up to the task and pulled their fingers out anyway.

Can't see the board being overly impressed with the manager of their business spinning out the same excuse twice in a matter of weeks.

Have some faith and loyalty. We are Man City, we don't want to emulate those over the road in any sort of way. United gave Fergie time and look at him now. Mancini will be the best manager in our history- 110%!

-- Sat Mar 17, 2012 1:48 pm --

TFC said:
Rammy Blue said:
Pretty sure I posted about it earlier in the thread, but the one aspect that still troubles me is the "it was my fault / poor preperation" line being spun out again by Bob.

Not sure what everyone else's opinion is on the matter but for me I thought it was poor form from Bob - I'm sure people will point to the "protecting the players" line however imo it's about time the players stood up to the task and pulled their fingers out anyway.

Can't see the board being overly impressed with the manager of their business spinning out the same excuse twice in a matter of weeks.

I'm with you mate, theres no room for 'poor preparation' at this level of the game, especially with the talent at our disposal.

I disagree. Our team isn't complete. We haven't yet got the best out of many of our stars and you can't just expect to splash the cash on many big names and expect them to deliver. We have a few bad results and everyone is calling for the managers head- It's ridiculous. Nobody expected us to be where we are at this stage right now and yes we do have a great team but United have been there and done it and it will take more than a few signings to knock an excellent team (with the winning mentality they have) off their perch. With more time, we will dominate!

Dont get me wrong blue, I'm certainly not in the 'Bobby out' camp, I just find it hard to swallow when a team that is obviously not as strong as ours (blase but true) can come to COMS and dominate a half of football like Sporting did.

The team right now is arguably looking now like we did last season and the team that started off this season looks like a team that has had the time to gel as a unit. Not sure why the regression, its weird.

Im hoping we come out guns blazing against Chelsea, give us all (and the rags) a reminder of what we are capable of.

Rammy Blue said:
Pretty sure I posted about it earlier in the thread, but the one aspect that still troubles me is the "it was my fault / poor preparation" line being spun out again by Bob.

i believe you have a point here.

maybe mancini should go in front of the press and say :

we have a shit of a goalkeeper who have cost us both CL and EL.
we have a shit of a right back who cannot cross a ball to save is life
we have just a decent centre back , one.
we have too many english players in our team , and everybody in the whole world know how shit players english are , their International team have shown it for ages.
we have a wonderful player in david silva that in the last two months seem to have become a ghost of steve ireland

and go on on this way

maybe this way of talk to the press could reinforce the team. or at least maybe it would be more understandable for you , it seem.

Mancio said:
Rammy Blue said:

we have too many english players in our team , and everybody in the whole world know how shit players english are , their International team have shown it for ages.
we have a wonderful player in david silva that in the last two months seem to have become a ghost of steve ireland

and go on on this way

maybe this way of talk to the press could reinforce the team. or at least maybe it would be more understandable for you , it seem.

Stop talking shite.

So you think it's acceptable that Bob says he prepared the team incorrectly?

edit.....what's wrong with Bob coming out and saying, "the first half performance was unacceptable, the players weren't doing what they were told."?

Mancio said:
Rammy Blue said:

and go on on this way

Wow, talk about going to an extreme.

Mancio said:
Rammy Blue said:

and go on on this way

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFacWGBJ_cs[/youtube]

Rammy Blue said:
Mancio said:
Rammy Blue said:

and go on on this way

Stop talking shite.

seriously mate , what do you think a manager have to say to the press ? the truth ? what he is REALLY thinking ?? i cant' believe you being so naive to expect this. or at least i hope you aren't.

Mancio said:
Rammy Blue said:
Mancio said:

and go on on this way

Stop talking shite.

seriously mate , what do you think a manager have to say to the press ? the truth ? what he is REALLY thinking ?? i cant' believe you being so naive to expect this. or at least i hope you aren't.
he didn't say that, what he's saying is Mancin could hold some of the players/team accountable for their performance. Not the extremes as to which you went

Mancio said:
Rammy Blue said:
Mancio said:

and go on on this way

Stop talking shite.

Agree. Anybody would have a negative opinion from anything Mancini would say in an interview. If he came out and said ''Ohh the players let me down'' then people could take that as a sign of Mancini losing trust in his players, or the other way around. He probably didn't know what to say, so the easiest statement to make was the one criticising himself.

Mancio said:

Stop being silly, if you'd seen the edit to my post above all I am saying is that it's quite acceptable for him to come out and say that the players have underperformed and not followed orders.

I don't quite get why you feel that nothing is Bob's fault, he's the fucking manager and therefore ultimately responsible for the performance of his team.

You obviously weren't at the game on Thursday, do you think that Bob told the players before the game to go out and play long ball which we haven't done ever under his tenure?

citizens_1976 said:
Anybody would have a negative opinion from anything Mancini would say in an interview. If he came out and said ''Ohh the players let me down'' then people could take that as a sign of Mancini losing trust in his players, or the other way around. He probably didn't know what to say, so the easiest statement to make was the one criticising himself.

The problem is that Mancini has blamed himself again and again and again. It's not just a one off. The players are "allowed" to have bad games or not put the required effort in. I want to know why he didn't know what to say. Part of his job is addressing the fans via the media and I want answers.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.